• Oct 17th, 2017 11:22 pm
[OP]
Nov 23, 2012
56 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga

Petro Canada - Season Wash card share

Hi,

Does anyone want to share the season pass wash offered by Petro Canada. We can set up a schedule to share the card. But, before that, I just need to know if anyone is interested or not.

90 Days for $199
180 Days for $398
270 Days for $597
360 Days for $796

Thanks
23 replies
Jun 27, 2005
11 posts
Markham
Sure I would be interested if there are enough to share the pass
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2071 posts
205 upvotes
Mississauga
I would be in for once a week for the year.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2012
56 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga
Still need few more people to join. There are 3 of us and I think the reasonable price for us to pay would be around 100 bucks each. So that's like 4-5 more people.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
2562 posts
134 upvotes
To clarify, are you passing a card around or are you actually producing duplicated cards?
Apr 13, 2003
412 posts
157 upvotes
Scarborough
Jayhoo wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 9:23 pm
To clarify, are you passing a card around or are you actually producing duplicated cards?
+1 I'd like to know as well..

Thanks!
[OP]
Nov 23, 2012
56 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga
Jayhoo wrote:
Sep 26th, 2017 9:23 pm
I am not sure if we can duplicate cards as that would be very convenient. We will be passing it around.

If you are concerned about someone not passing it around we can take certain precautions. If we go for the yearly card it will cost around $2.21 per day, and if we go for 90 days card it will cost around $2.21 per day as well. We can (if there is a consensus) go with the 90 days and if we split it between 7-8 people it will cost around $25 to $28 per person. This is a reasonable amount of money compared to $100 per person for the yearly card.

Any advice/suggestions you guys can come up with to reduce the risk and increase the convenience factor it will be definitely taken into consideration
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
2562 posts
134 upvotes
Duplicating cards has historically been possible, though is frowned upon, can't remember the reasoning behind it. Not sure if this is still possible with the addition of the NFC functionality a while back.

I'm interested and have historically pitched in on a car was card, however it was with coworkers so the prospect of someone hogging/stealing the card was low, and passing it around was just a matter of going to work.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2012
56 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga
Jayhoo wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 9:52 am
Duplicating cards has historically been possible, though is frowned upon, can't remember the reasoning behind it. Not sure if this is still possible with the addition of the NFC functionality a while back.

I'm interested and have historically pitched in on a car was card, however it was with coworkers so the prospect of someone hogging/stealing the card was low, and passing it around was just a matter of going to work.
There is definitely chance that someone can hog/steal it. What I will suggest in that case would be that I/someone report it so they cancel the card and we can have it re-issued and our balance transferred to the new card.

The other option one of my coworkers was mentioning to me today was that he has Shell Carwash application and has the $180 for 90 days car wash. This equates to $2 per day compared to Petro's $2.21 per day. We can have Shell car wash application downloaded and it might be more convenient then Petro's card. I am not entirely sure about how it works but I can find out. Let me know if you will be more interested in that or not?

Shell Car wash link
Banned
Sep 27, 2017
16 posts
9 upvotes
Hi

I would like to take part in this car wash share.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2012
56 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga
Hey guys

Considering all you guys are in, we can go either with Shell Carwash(Cheaper as it comes to $2/day) or Petro (About $2.21/day). We have (including myself) a total of 6 people.

If we choose Shell's $179 it will cost us around $30 each. I haven't included tax because I am unsure if there is a 13% tax on it or not (there should be and in that case with 6 people it will be around $33.70).

Regardless, we are short of 2 people. Please comment if you are interested.

Our goal is to split the 90 days carwash between 8 people. It will cost each individual $25.28 (all inclusive of price + tax= 202.27).

Thank you
Feb 15, 2013
292 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
If there is a spot, I am in.

Can anyone tell me what is the nearest shell car wash near Kennedy subway station..It is hard for me to find from their website.
Feb 15, 2013
292 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
waleedhk wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 10:13 pm
Hey guys

Considering all you guys are in, we can go either with Shell Carwash(Cheaper as it comes to $2/day) or Petro (About $2.21/day). We have (including myself) a total of 6 people.

If we choose Shell's $179 it will cost us around $30 each. I haven't included tax because I am unsure if there is a 13% tax on it or not (there should be and in that case with 6 people it will be around $33.70).

Regardless, we are short of 2 people. Please comment if you are interested.

Our goal is to split the 90 days carwash between 8 people. It will cost each individual $25.28 (all inclusive of price + tax= 202.27).

Thank you
Shell car wash is one use per day. How can you manage 8 people (7 days a week Smiling Face With Open Mouth)?
[OP]
Nov 23, 2012
56 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga
gskn4u wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 11:37 pm
Shell car wash is one use per day. How can you manage 8 people (7 days a week Smiling Face With Open Mouth)?
As per my calculation, everyone (8 people) will get at least 11 washes. in the 3 months period. So that's about a wash a week. I am trying to get people reach some sort of consensus if they agree with it then I can go ahead purchase this and everyone can chip in then. What is going to be your advice? stick with 6 people and get 15 washes in 3 months for $33.79? That should work as well
Sep 10, 2017
78 posts
8 upvotes
I am interested in the shell or petro canada wash. Thought i dont know the difference between the two but I have heard that Shell has a app with which you can go and get the car washed. it becomes easy in scenario where we are sharing the pass. either ways 25$ for 3 months is good enough and please count me in. Please let me know the details , whether its a petro canada or Shell and how do we co-ordinate the days and the pass.