1485 posts
910 upvotes
Mordor

$20 PAYG Unlimited Text-a-Lot Plan + 200 minutes

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Petro Mobility
New promotion from Petro Mobility

Limited Time Offer! The TALK-A-LOT plan from Petro-Canada.
What's included?

Only $20 per month.†
•Unlimited Canada wide texting.
•200 Canada wide minutes.
•No contract, National Coverage.
•Runs on the Rogers network.
•Free voicemail
•Free caller ID
•Free unlimited text messages
•Free call waiting
•Canada-Wide Anytime Minutes
•No activation fees
•No sign up fees
•No credit check
•National coverage
•No zone restrictions
•No contract
Mandatory monthly 911 fee: $1.25

Additional and Out of Plan Service Rates

Refer to this thread for more information and discussion....

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/petro-c ... n-1861839/
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
8200 posts
973 upvotes
Nice, wife has been on the text a lot $15 plan since last year... 100 minutes, as opposed to $20. Went to sign someone up earlier, and the deal was much more, will let them know about this one now.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 1969
1485 posts
910 upvotes
Mordor
jackass_ca wrote:
Jan 10th, 2017 12:33 am
Nice, wife has been on the text a lot $15 plan since last year... 100 minutes, as opposed to $20. Went to sign someone up earlier, and the deal was much more, will let them know about this one now.
my wife is on the 15 plan too...solid service....
i don't really like the service fee though...but the overall cost and plan coverage serves her usage perfectly....
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
8200 posts
973 upvotes
ShadowMordor wrote:
Jan 10th, 2017 12:35 am
my wife is on the 15 plan too...solid service....
i don't really like the service fee though...but the overall cost and plan coverage serves her usage perfectly....
I can't explain it and I am not going to complain but have not been charged the 911 fee yet... total of the monthly bill is $16.95, with HST. People in the last thread didn't believe me, but the bill has always been that...
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 1969
1485 posts
910 upvotes
Mordor
jackass_ca wrote:
Jan 10th, 2017 12:40 am
I can't explain it and I am not going to complain but have not been charged the 911 fee yet... total of the monthly bill is $16.95, with HST. People in the last thread didn't believe me, but the bill has always been that...
then you remind me of this guy...
....because you managed to stay under the radar
Last edited by ShadowMordor on Jan 10th, 2017 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 29, 2016
62 posts
7 upvotes
nice find. i'm trying to get the most minutes on a plan without data for sub-$30.
I'm lucky to have 2 Fido lines with unlimited talk for $21.50, but I can't get another one of those unfortunately.
Dec 30, 1969
287 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
Could've just got Fido's $25 unlimited Canada-wide calling & international text, but too late now.
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1167 posts
924 upvotes
Laval
if anyone is interested to have the UNLIMITED 6 PM Canada-Wide, with sears connect/cityfone you can get 150mns/unlimited text and UNLIMITED 6 PM for 22.5$ BYOD.
Dec 31, 2010
759 posts
122 upvotes
Im sorry, and I dont mean to be rude, but how do you live with no data?
Even if you have wi-fi at your work and home...?
Even a minimal amount of like 200 mb i feel is necessary... otherwise, and im assuming most people would have a smartphone at this point, why get a smartphone...?
Jan 31, 2011
416 posts
109 upvotes
ZeroToHero wrote:
Jan 10th, 2017 10:23 pm
Even a minimal amount of like 200 mb i feel is necessary... otherwise, and im assuming most people would have a smartphone at this point, why get a smartphone...?
I have a dual SIM phone. $15 for 100 mins and unlimited texting from Petro on one SIM, 3GB LTE data from Fido on another.

Aside from wind or similar carriers, I don't think you can find anything comparable for 30+tax a month.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
1343 posts
771 upvotes
ZeroToHero wrote:
maybe they have a life ?
Feb 18, 2014
109 posts
36 upvotes
ZeroToHero wrote:
Depends on your life stye... Almost anywhere indoors has wi-fi. If I'm outside I'm either driving or busy doing an outdoor activity etc. Podcasts/music I preload onto my phone. Data is definitely more convenient but I do not need to be connected to social media 24/7 so it's not worth the cost for me.
Nov 21, 2016
12 posts
8 upvotes
ZeroToHero wrote:
It's not rude, it's just a bit of a stupid question. Why? Because all it takes is a few minutes of thought to figure out the reasons why. I get that you don't intend to be rude, and just want to ask a question, but it comes off as inconsiderate when one could figure out the answer just by putting themselves in different shoes.

Here, i'll show you how silly your post seems. You assume correctly when you say most have a smart phone, and you acknowledge that home and work usually have WiFi: yet you still ask, for those who don't have data, "why get a smartphone"... You answered one of the biggest reasons yourself: there's still Wifi.

Other than that, as the other users have said: people have a life. We don't need to be checking email and media constantly, especially when it can just wait for home. Music can be stored, rather than streamed. Google maps instructions, after loading with Wifi, can continue to function once connection is lost. Not to mention almost every 5 minutes there's a place offering Wifi.
Feb 29, 2016
169 posts
79 upvotes
gyggyg wrote:
Jan 11th, 2017 8:43 pm
It's not rude, it's just a bit of a stupid question. Why? Because all it takes is a few minutes of thought to figure out the reasons why.
Ummm, no. There are PLENTY of times when it's critical to have data and you're not at the mall - some people don't call that "having a life"....shocking, I know. Do you really think social media is the main reason why everyone has a smartphone? All it takes is a few minutes of thought to figure out the reasons why you're being a dink.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8157 posts
1334 upvotes
London
RetiredRFDer wrote:
Jan 13th, 2017 12:01 pm
Ummm, no. There are PLENTY of times when it's critical to have data and you're not at the mall - some people don't call that "having a life"....shocking, I know. Do you really think social media is the main reason why everyone has a smartphone? All it takes is a few minutes of thought to figure out the reasons why you're being a dink.
Lol, if it's "critical" then a phone call or text would probably be an adequate replacement.
× < >