Petro Points Changes Redeem points faster than before

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2019 4:22 pm
[OP]
Feb 18, 2018
526 posts
672 upvotes

Petro Points Changes Redeem points faster than before

New Better Redemption value for petro canada but yet its been this way for a year now...
petro.JPG

whats everyone's thoughts seems pretty good
Last edited by Aselwyn1 on Jul 5th, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
2867 posts
785 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
I think they are telling us to come on in, spend and cash in.
Aug 26, 2013
63 posts
28 upvotes
Oakville
Marzipan wrote: I think they are telling us to come on in, spend and cash in.
Exactly... No need to overthink things... I received the same e-mail... They are just stating a fact, that a year ago they changed their points program... And they are suggesting what I could use my points towards... Simple, straightforward Marketing... No need to overthink things...

And YES... Points are Points... Much easier "Aselwyn1" compared to the way the old points program worked - At least "In My Opinion"... I just redeemed 75,000 Points for $75.00 off my gas purchase... Easy... Great value...

All Good - For Sure... BIG SMILES... /G
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6113 posts
1911 upvotes
Montreal
Are you guys aware of any 50,000 bonus points reward?
I received 50K points under "Bonus Pts" last friday on my statement, all it says is: Online/Petro Points Partner.
I'll take it but no idea where this is coming from lol
It is linked to my RBC Avion card however.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
1815 posts
891 upvotes
Madevilz wrote: Are you guys aware of any 50,000 bonus points reward?
I received 50K points under "Bonus Pts" last friday on my statement, all it says is: Online/Petro Points Partner.
may be you won from some contest or draw you entered.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3232 posts
7541 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Madevilz wrote: Are you guys aware of any 50,000 bonus points reward?
Found this thread from last year (see post #78, thanks @Webhead for the info):

save-3c-litre-petro-canada-when-you-lin ... s-2138439/

Not sure if that's what you got but congrats on the 50K bonus!
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3232 posts
7541 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Thanks to @PointsHubby for the PM, updated the link to the correct thread above ^
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9836 posts
2972 upvotes
Ottawa
Has anyone had any luck lately redeeming Petro-Points for pre-paid MasterCard/Visa credit cards? I used to be able to do that before but can no longer do so. Here is what I have done

1. I went to my regular Petro-Canada station to redeem in person but was told there is a new policy and I have to do it on-line.

2. I logged into my Petro-Canada on-line account but it was slow as molasses and did not see any option to redeem for pre-paid Mastercard/Visa, only for regular retailers like Best Buy, the Bay, Roots etc

3. I called Petro-Canada customer service centre and they could not do it over the phone either.

I understand Petro might have tightened the policies because there were reported fraud but this is pretty frustrating. I will try a different Petro later on today.

Thanks

P.S: I am aware there is a fee associated with activating these pre-paid credit cards and redeeming Petro points this way may not give me the best bang for the bucks but we will save that discussion for another time :)
[removed]
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
1767 posts
977 upvotes
Toronto
canabiz wrote: Has anyone had any luck lately redeeming Petro-Points for pre-paid MasterCard/Visa credit cards? I used to be able to do that before but can no longer do so. Here is what I have done

1. I went to my regular Petro-Canada station to redeem in person but was told there is a new policy and I have to do it on-line.

2. I logged into my Petro-Canada on-line account but it was slow as molasses and did not see any option to redeem for pre-paid Mastercard/Visa, only for regular retailers like Best Buy, the Bay, Roots etc

3. I called Petro-Canada customer service centre and they could not do it over the phone either.

I understand Petro might have tightened the policies because there were reported fraud but this is pretty frustrating. I will try a different Petro later on today.

Thanks

P.S: I am aware there is a fee associated with activating these pre-paid credit cards and redeeming Petro points this way may not give me the best bang for the bucks but we will save that discussion for another time :)
There is a thread in this sub forum talking about changes to the gift card redemptions, I believe only egift cards can be redeemed with points, only 11 retailers and has to be done online.