Expired Hot Deals

[Petro Canada] PETRO POINTS redeem for gas for 50% less points!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2007 7:06 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2003
1360 posts
69 upvotes
Hamilton

[Petro Canada] PETRO POINTS redeem for gas for 50% less points!

GOOD time to redeem your Petro Canada Points if you have them...

Get the gas rewards you want and the savings you deserve. Until Feb. 26, 2007, Petro-Points* members can redeem for all grades of WinterGas* for 50% less points.

That means you only need 5,000 Petro-Points (was 10,000 Petro-Points) to redeem for a $5 Free Gas Reward, 9,000 points to redeem for a $10 reward and so on. Free Gas Rewards are available in $5, $10, $15, $20, $25 and $35 denominations.

To drive away with Free Gas Rewards, choose any grade of Petro-Canada gasoline, including SuperClean*. Simply present your Petro-Points Card and let the attendant know before you pay.

www.petropoints.com

I think I have enough for $30 free gas! :)
73 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
8082 posts
305 upvotes
I have noticed it from petro points website before.

Question:
$5, $10, $15, $20, $25 and $35 denominations.
Are they Petro gift cards?

Thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Tbaytel prepaid micro SIM cards for sale
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
359 upvotes
can2000 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2007 7:25 pm
I have noticed it from petro points website before.

Question:
$5, $10, $15, $20, $25 and $35 denominations.
Are they Petro gift cards?

Thanks
on the main webpg there's another link which directs you to GC rewards...

http://retail.petro-canada.ca/en/cardservices/1766.aspx

but it doesn't seem like there's 50% off points redemption for the GCs listed....
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
8082 posts
305 upvotes
mahjongmaniac wrote:
Jan 4th, 2007 7:50 pm
on the main webpg there's another link which directs you to GC rewards...

http://retail.petro-canada.ca/en/cardservices/1766.aspx

but it doesn't seem like there's 50% off points redemption for the GCs listed....
Yes, so, it just for gas reward only? What if I redem $35 gas but would NOT fill up?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Tbaytel prepaid micro SIM cards for sale
Sep 10, 2004
965 posts
55 upvotes
thanks a lot,OP.

time to use my petro points.
Sep 10, 2004
965 posts
55 upvotes
thanks a lot,OP.

time to use my petro points. :cheesygri
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
359 upvotes
can2000 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2007 7:52 pm
Yes, so, it just for gas reward only? What if I redem $35 gas but would NOT fill up?
not sure. better ask the clerk (or perhaps the CSRs when you phone in the 1-800 CS line)
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Nov 26, 2002
534 posts
26 upvotes
Western Canada
Is it worth it for me to convert all my PC points to Petropoints to take advantage of this?

I usually use my PC points to buy groceries

Thanks
Jack of all trades
Master of one domain :)
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18501 posts
930 upvotes
sunny923 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2007 7:55 pm
thanks a lot,OP.

time to use my petro points. :cheesygri
Just FYI to everyone - even with this offer and the highest reward offer ( $35 for 31500), gas is still one of the worst thing syou can redeem for with petro points. You're only getting 1.1% return.

If you save your points up (and combine them with PC points and sears club points) for sears certificates, you're getting 2% return.

The car washes are the second best value, also at close to 2% return.

Gas is half the value.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
9013 posts
1183 upvotes
Do you have the link for Sears certificates from Petro Points? thanks
brunes wrote:
Jan 4th, 2007 8:48 pm
Just FYI to everyone - even with this offer and the highest reward offer ( $35 for 31500), gas is still one of the worst thing syou can redeem for with petro points. You're only getting 1.1% return.

If you save your points up (and combine them with PC points and sears club points) for sears certificates, you're getting 2% return.

Gas is half the value.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
1842 posts
85 upvotes
brunes wrote:
Jan 4th, 2007 8:48 pm

Gas is half the value.
I'd rather have the gasoline over the carwashes. I can always wash the car myself, but I can't exactly make my own gasoline. Besides, carwashes cost less in points because they are just giving you soap and water...as opposed to gasoline which actually requires barrels of oil to produce.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18501 posts
930 upvotes
82 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2007 8:56 pm
Do you have the link for Sears certificates from Petro Points? thanks
It's right on the petro-points.ca website, under partners.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18501 posts
930 upvotes
myapple wrote:
Jan 4th, 2007 9:03 pm
I'd rather have the gasoline over the carwashes. I can always wash the car myself, but I can't exactly make my own gasoline. Besides, carwashes cost less in points because they are just giving you soap and water...as opposed to gasoline which actually requires barrels of oil to produce.
Well I'd rather have a dishwasher than a bit of gasoline :)

( I used 300,000 in petro points and PC points to get $600 worth of appliances from Sears last year, a new dishwasher and fume hood microwave. Would only have been worth $300 in groceries or $150 in gas. ).

Even with this promo they'd only be worth ~ $300 in gas.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
22721 posts
873 upvotes
Markham, ON
brunes wrote:
Jan 4th, 2007 9:09 pm
Well I'd rather have a dishwasher than a bit of gasoline :)

( I used 300,000 in petro points and PC points to get $600 worth of appliances from Sears last year, a new dishwasher and fume hood microwave. Would only have been worth $300 in groceries or $150 in gas. ).

Even with this promo they'd only be worth ~ $300 in gas.
just a heads up...sears is changing the rewards program on Apr 1st...max $360 GC for 240K of ppoints
× < >