Pets

Petsmart Simply Nourish dog food

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2017 3:05 pm
Jan 23, 2017
362 posts
205 upvotes
Calgary
Anyone else feeding Costco's Kirkland Signature Nature Domain Salmon Meal/Sweet Potato?

I'm surprised it hasn't been discussed much online. Particularly in Canada where dog food prices are often double what they are in the US, this seems to be the best value going at $45 for 35lbs.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15593 posts
4370 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
OKSpring wrote:
Mar 28th, 2017 12:55 am
Anyone else feeding Costco's Kirkland Signature Nature Domain Salmon Meal/Sweet Potato?

I'm surprised it hasn't been discussed much online. Particularly in Canada where dog food prices are often double what they are in the US, this seems to be the best value going at $45 for 35lbs.
I'd like to consider kirkland but I'm not sure how they stack up against the other brands, quality wise. Any advice? Any issues with feeding the kirkland?
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Jan 23, 2017
362 posts
205 upvotes
Calgary
nasa25 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 1:47 pm
I'd like to consider kirkland but I'm not sure how they stack up against the other brands, quality wise. Any advice? Any issues with feeding the kirkland?
We adopted an adult Rottie mix and been feeding her the salmon/sweet potato for almost 6 months, not positive what she was on prior to the shelter (they fed some grain-based Hill's Science stuff). Hasn't had any health issues to speak of, but did have a fairly dull colored coat and dry/dandruff skin. With brushing and natural conditioners her skin and coat is really soft and shiny now.

She has great energy now, but hard to attribute this to food given she was quite overweight and feeding/diet/exercise history is unknown.
Also a super picky eater oddly, doesn't like a lot of treats, etc. so we were happy she liked the Kirkland food (Costco's return policy is great if we had to return it..but prefer not to exploit it either).

It's reviewed on Dog Food Advisor and given a 3.5, so mid-tier by their rankings. I was surprised it's not higher, the company who makes it (Diamond Pet Foods) also makes Taste of the Wild which is really highly rated. Comparing the ingredients list they're very, very similar.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15593 posts
4370 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
OKSpring wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 3:00 pm
We adopted an adult Rottie mix and been feeding her the salmon/sweet potato for almost 6 months, not positive what she was on prior to the shelter (they fed some grain-based Hill's Science stuff). Hasn't had any health issues to speak of, but did have a fairly dull colored coat and dry/dandruff skin. With brushing and natural conditioners her skin and coat is really soft and shiny now.

She has great energy now, but hard to attribute this to food given she was quite overweight and feeding/diet/exercise history is unknown.
Also a super picky eater oddly, doesn't like a lot of treats, etc. so we were happy she liked the Kirkland food (Costco's return policy is great if we had to return it..but prefer not to exploit it either).

It's reviewed on Dog Food Advisor and given a 3.5, so mid-tier by their rankings. I was surprised it's not higher, the company who makes it (Diamond Pet Foods) also makes Taste of the Wild which is really highly rated. Comparing the ingredients list they're very, very similar.
Thank you for adopting and giving your girl a great home.

Also thanks for the feedback on the food. I'll look into it.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game