• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2017 12:30 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 5, 2005
572 posts
201 upvotes

PG movie rating...

Wondering what people's thoughts are on what age is appropriate for PG rated movies? For example Wonder Woman or Spider-Man homecoming.
Zooooooomer, just get it!
4 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2290 posts
447 upvotes
Toronto
My go-to website to see if movies are age appropriate or not.
https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews

Often the rating it's given isn't accurate. I often let the kids watch movies that are rated as adult, but other times, this website provides info that gives me the option ..
[OP]
Dec 5, 2005
572 posts
201 upvotes
Thanks for sharing; I'll definitely check it out.
Zooooooomer, just get it!
Mar 9, 2012
621 posts
173 upvotes
KITCHENER
Oatmeal wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 3:38 pm
Wondering what people's thoughts are on what age is appropriate for PG rated movies? For example Wonder Woman or Spider-Man homecoming.
Ultimately, I decide whether a movie is appropriate or not, not some "standard" that is out there.
It's kinda funny, when Jaws came out way back when, IIRC, it was rated "R".

By the way, IMDB has a parents guide for all movies, they'll outline things like "Nudity and Sex", "Profanity", "Violence and Gore", "Alcohol, Drugs, Smoking" and "Frightening/Intense Scenes" Everything is rated out of 10, for a total score of something out of 50. A 0/50 basically means watching happy kids sketch rainbows on a blackboard with chalk.....and 50/50 would be a sex slaves having heads slowly decapitated while drinking JD and snorting coke with lots of squirting blood and realistic eyeballs being squeezed out of peoples heads whilst everyone is chanting the f-bomb.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
7722 posts
445 upvotes
jeff1970 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 6:17 pm
Ultimately, I decide whether a movie is appropriate or not, not some "standard" that is out there.
It's kinda funny, when Jaws came out way back when, IIRC, it was rated "R".

By the way, IMDB has a parents guide for all movies, they'll outline things like "Nudity and Sex", "Profanity", "Violence and Gore", "Alcohol, Drugs, Smoking" and "Frightening/Intense Scenes" Everything is rated out of 10, for a total score of something out of 50. A 0/50 basically means watching happy kids sketch rainbows on a blackboard with chalk.....and 50/50 would be a sex slaves having heads slowly decapitated while drinking JD and snorting coke with lots of squirting blood and realistic eyeballs being squeezed out of peoples heads whilst everyone is chanting the f-bomb.
I pre-screen everything now as I don't trust the ratings. What others deem acceptable for my kids may not exactly be in line with what I think is.

I agree with you though. We're so desensitized to certain things that what we see normally in TV or movies would be R or simply not allowed at all.