[Costco] Philips wake up light, $100 at costco.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2013 12:49 am
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2008
9721 posts
427 upvotes

[Costco] Philips wake up light, $100 at costco.ca

There was a thread earlier with some good info on these lights but the thread got deleted.

I ordered from sears with a 12% discount and free shipping, however its backordered and it was estimated it would be sent out on dec 31 (I doubt that).

http://www.sears.ca/product/philips-wak ... F3470_5_60 At the time ( a couple days ago ), it was on sale for $84.48, but the sale has just ended it seems.

Just saw on costco.ca they have a newer model on sale, it goes for the same regular price on amazon.COM, which means its a pretty good deal for us Canadians. http://www.costco.ca/Philips%C2%AE-HF35 ... reId=10302

Note, this is DIFFERENT from the $140 one on amazon.ca http://www.amazon.ca/Philips-HF3520-Wak ... 997&sr=8-1

The amazon one has sunset coloured simulation and the costco one is only white I believe.
165 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4904 posts
747 upvotes
The old thread got moved to Expired Deals: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/lightnin ... a-1258724/

Pretty good price on the Costco one. The major differences between the one I linked immediately above and this Costco one are that the latter is obviously a different shape, and it comes with a sunset simulation (fading to darkness). I have no idea how useful that would be, since I prefer the room to be instantly pitch black as soon as I want to go to sleep... none of this gradually fading light business to lull me to sleep.

Since I have owned the HF3470/60 linked above for a few weeks now and am enjoying the wakeup process, I would be happy to answer any questions that I haven't already tackled in the thread linked above (do please check there first for my initial review/opinions). :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2008
9721 posts
427 upvotes
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Dec 16th, 2012 11:26 am
The old thread got moved to Expired Deals: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/lightnin ... a-1258724/

Pretty good price on the Costco one. The major differences between the one I linked immediately above and this Costco one are that the latter is obviously a different shape, and it comes with a sunset simulation (fading to darkness). I have no idea how useful that would be, since I prefer the room to be instantly pitch black as soon as I want to go to sleep... none of this gradually fading light business to lull me to sleep.

Since I have owned the HF3470/60 linked above for a few weeks now and am enjoying the wakeup process, I would be happy to answer any questions that I haven't already tackled in the thread linked above (do please check there first for my initial review/opinions). :)
No actually there was another thread in the last week, but it got deleted by the mods.

Anyways, I ordered the 3470 when it was on sale from sears, and just ordered the costco one. Not sure which one I will keep but I will take a look at them in person before I decide. So far the round shape looks more appealing to me, but who knows!
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
2498 posts
37 upvotes
Milton
Thank you! Was looking into one of these, purchased the amazon unit!!
Your source for training, nutrition, supplement advice!
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
3716 posts
127 upvotes
Think I might try one thanks op
Nov 24, 2012
663 posts
109 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Any price match opportunities? I'm particularly interested in the Philips GoLite
Dec 7, 2009
218 posts
111 upvotes
Ajax
I bought the old shape and love it. I'm not a morning person and really makes a difference
con: my wife is a morning person so even at the lowest setting it wakes her up, so she's up 30min than the actual alarm (also means coffee in bed for me though lol).

The Costco deal is better IMHO: comes with a replacement bulb , dimming light as you go to sleep, and 20-40min light in the morning vs. just 30min fixed time.
Jul 13, 2009
170 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
How long does costco shipping take? The last time I ordered a watch it took like two weeks.
Dec 7, 2009
218 posts
111 upvotes
Ajax
During the year, I usually get it the next day (GTA area), however Christmas is going to take much longer.
Oct 15, 2006
271 posts
43 upvotes
North Vancouver
Shipping takes 7-10 days, so I wouldn't order this as a christmas present!
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
1516 posts
203 upvotes
EDMONTON
Im a terrible morning person.... so I ordered one for myself on costco.ca

thanks op
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1863 posts
15 upvotes
Got one myself as well to see what the hype is all about.

Plus as much as I dont mind waking up early, I hate that I have to set up 4 alarms and drag myself out of bed.
Whatchu know about ice cream?
Jul 13, 2009
170 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Are these available in store as well or is this price online only? I can't imagine people rushing to get these, but I want to try it out at least.
Dec 27, 2007
10676 posts
3294 upvotes
Kitchener
fathom wrote:
Dec 16th, 2012 3:09 pm
The Costco deal is better IMHO: comes with a replacement bulb , dimming light as you go to sleep, and 20-40min light in the morning vs. just 30min fixed time.
Is that extra bulb confirmed, didn't catch it on the costco page.
Ascend Y300 Owners thread (Unlock, Root and Debrand)
LG G2 Owners thread (Unlock, Root and Debrand)
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1053 posts
136 upvotes
Brampton
Is it better than the iphone app that does this?
× < >