None
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2013
1022 posts
151 upvotes
Red Deer, AB
Beachdown wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 11:42 pm
Retro pay is coming Sept 6th, If you don't have any manual adjustments (ie. acting, mat leave, etc.).
August 23rd will have the salary adjustment and the $650 bonus.
right, I have to see it first ;) Keeping my fingers crossed!

I'm also too scared to change jobs within the public service. Sometimes it's tempting to apply for a different position, but I can't afford it not getting paid for a few months.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4049 posts
1094 upvotes
knuks101 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 10:32 am
right, I have to see it first ;) Keeping my fingers crossed!

I'm also too scared to change jobs within the public service. Sometimes it's tempting to apply for a different position, but I can't afford it not getting paid for a few months.
I got promoted one level in May and everything went smooth as butter. I wouldn't worry about it.
Jul 5, 2004
22135 posts
2058 upvotes
ilove wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 1:46 pm
I got promoted one level in May and everything went smooth as butter. I wouldn't worry about it.
Many of my co-workers who have switched positions and/or taken promotions have gotten screwed. He should absolutely worry about it because it's a regular occurrence.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27672 posts
755 upvotes
Dildo, NL
Couple people we have who've come from other departments., were almost 5&8months into their new positions and still getting paid their old pay & not transferred over.

At least they WERE getting paid. Now they're pounding salt as they go through months of submitting their past leave in, LOL. Also getting their correct pay is happening & being able to put in their OT & actually getting their Acting.

That's shocking that you say 'many' @Shaner
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Dec 9, 2007
162 posts
15 upvotes
I starting an acting role as of yesterday. I'm curious to see how things work out with my pay.
Jul 5, 2004
22135 posts
2058 upvotes
flair.14 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 6:10 am
I starting an acting role as of yesterday. I'm curious to see how things work out with my pay.
What I have seen happen frequently in my department is when someone goes up acting, they do get paid at the new rank, but it's at bottom level and not at the pay level they should be at. So although they are acting in a position that pays higher, they are actually making far less than they would if they had stayed in their original position.

It's become such an issue that my employer is no longer changing people's pay in Phoenix when they go up acting. Instead they are simply giving them acting pay one day at a time but leaving them in their original position.

A lot of people are unwilling to go into any acting positions due to Phoenix
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details