Off Topic

Phoenix payroll mess - 'Can't guarantee' fixing Phoenix won't cost $1B: Qualtrough

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 9:06 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2013
1055 posts
174 upvotes
Red Deer, AB
Beachdown wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 11:42 pm
Retro pay is coming Sept 6th, If you don't have any manual adjustments (ie. acting, mat leave, etc.).
August 23rd will have the salary adjustment and the $650 bonus.
right, I have to see it first ;) Keeping my fingers crossed!

I'm also too scared to change jobs within the public service. Sometimes it's tempting to apply for a different position, but I can't afford it not getting paid for a few months.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4085 posts
1118 upvotes
knuks101 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 10:32 am
right, I have to see it first ;) Keeping my fingers crossed!

I'm also too scared to change jobs within the public service. Sometimes it's tempting to apply for a different position, but I can't afford it not getting paid for a few months.
I got promoted one level in May and everything went smooth as butter. I wouldn't worry about it.
Jul 5, 2004
22207 posts
2099 upvotes
ilove wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 1:46 pm
I got promoted one level in May and everything went smooth as butter. I wouldn't worry about it.
Many of my co-workers who have switched positions and/or taken promotions have gotten screwed. He should absolutely worry about it because it's a regular occurrence.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27746 posts
788 upvotes
Dildo, NL
Couple people we have who've come from other departments., were almost 5&8months into their new positions and still getting paid their old pay & not transferred over.

At least they WERE getting paid. Now they're pounding salt as they go through months of submitting their past leave in, LOL. Also getting their correct pay is happening & being able to put in their OT & actually getting their Acting.

That's shocking that you say 'many' @Shaner
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Dec 9, 2007
172 posts
15 upvotes
I starting an acting role as of yesterday. I'm curious to see how things work out with my pay.
Jul 5, 2004
22207 posts
2099 upvotes
flair.14 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 6:10 am
I starting an acting role as of yesterday. I'm curious to see how things work out with my pay.
What I have seen happen frequently in my department is when someone goes up acting, they do get paid at the new rank, but it's at bottom level and not at the pay level they should be at. So although they are acting in a position that pays higher, they are actually making far less than they would if they had stayed in their original position.

It's become such an issue that my employer is no longer changing people's pay in Phoenix when they go up acting. Instead they are simply giving them acting pay one day at a time but leaving them in their original position.

A lot of people are unwilling to go into any acting positions due to Phoenix
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
May 8, 2012
273 posts
32 upvotes
Ottawa
I switched departments in May (promotion)... Still waiting to be transferred...
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28241 posts
4207 upvotes
Ottawa
manu117 wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 8:05 am
I switched departments in May (promotion)... Still waiting to be transferred...
The "transfer" is a matter for your HR department. Was your pay adjusted and are you owed more? Pay is Phoenix and if your pay is not affected then no problem.
Is it solipsistic here? Or is it just me?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1218 posts
322 upvotes
So is there an end in sight for this? Or will it go on basically forever?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
7878 posts
565 upvotes
notfromqc wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 10:27 am
So is there an end in sight for this? Or will it go on basically forever?
Not for a long time. New cases keep popping up as the new collective agreements are being rolled in. People who survived the transition are not doing so well through the new rates and back pay.
Aug 31, 2017
195 posts
48 upvotes
What happens if they keep sending you cheques after you told them to stop because you no longer work there and it's been almost a year since you left?

I know, long sentence
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
2501 posts
884 upvotes
Everything is still proceeding according to plan ... no real major uprisings about people not getting paid, losing their houses, suicides. The government will be turning it up a few more notches at a time and finally take everyone's money and blame it on some hacker.
Sep 22, 2017
2 posts
I have has major issues since I am no longer an employee. I was underpaid for 2 months, then received an emergency salary advance, and then I left the public service and they continued to pay my. So I am overpaid and underpaid. Have contacted the pathetic phoenix centre mutiple times as I have no idea what is owed to me and what I owe them as I was never sent a final pay stub. I am pretty sure my termination hasnt even been processed yet and its been 9 months since I left. Getting worried as tax season is approaching and I dont want to get dinged for over payment. Now I recive some ransom statement of earnings which includes retro pay and no explanation whatsoever.... this system is total bullshit.

Has anyone else experienced this underpaid and overpaid scenario?
Aug 31, 2017
195 posts
48 upvotes
User926281 wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 1:06 am
I have has major issues since I am no longer an employee. I was underpaid for 2 months, then received an emergency salary advance, and then I left the public service and they continued to pay my. So I am overpaid and underpaid. Have contacted the pathetic phoenix centre mutiple times as I have no idea what is owed to me and what I owe them as I was never sent a final pay stub. I am pretty sure my termination hasnt even been processed yet and its been 9 months since I left. Getting worried as tax season is approaching and I dont want to get dinged for over payment. Now I recive some ransom statement of earnings which includes retro pay and no explanation whatsoever.... this system is total bullshit.

Has anyone else experienced this underpaid and overpaid scenario?
Yes, see my post above. They keep sending me cheques. Check your MyServiceCanada account online which will have your ROE and show your last day of employment.
Sep 22, 2017
2 posts
MyNameWasTaken wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 10:34 am
Yes, see my post above. They keep sending me cheques. Check your MyServiceCanada account online which will have your ROE and show your last day of employment.
Thanks so much for the tip! I will access that and at least I'll have some more information!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)