• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2018 10:57 am
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 23, 2003
556 posts
171 upvotes

phone clip on lens?

hi all - hope this still belongs to the photography section but basically looking for a recommendation to a phone clip on lens for wide angles...not looking for anything fancy just going on a quick trip and wanted to bring a toy lens.
but there seems to be flooded with them on amazon etc - any recommendations or hands on experience with these?

thx!
5 replies
Jun 26, 2004
500 posts
163 upvotes
Honestly, they're all pretty bad. Even the expensive ones have a ton of blur and distortion around the edges. I've used one of the cheap no-name ones from Amazon and one of the expensive ones from Best Buy, and they were basically the same. Save your money and buy one of the amazon ones with the least fake reviews.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7348 posts
1302 upvotes
Personally, I have been using the panorama or sphere mode in the camera app with success and would recommend that over attaching to the camera which wasn't designed for.

You may have even better luck to switch photos together in software, which may get your photos even look better than from a real wide angle lens.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
2620 posts
466 upvotes
Amazon gave away lens clips for free at a job fair :)

It's more of a novelty, and you'll find yourself rarely using it.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
1911 posts
266 upvotes
Calgary
I just ordered a moment case and a Sarui wide lens that's compatible with the case. Cheaper option than the moment lens. I know you're looking for cheap clips but I think it's well worth it not having to fiddle around aligning a clip.