None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6693 posts
491 upvotes
Waterloo

Phones that work on wind aka FREEDOM MOBILE LTE

What phones will work on winds new LTE network any ideas? Will the Chinese phones work with the LTE network?

Thanks
47 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12441 posts
4036 upvotes
Oakville
Only the LG v20 and the other one that Freedom is selling, so far. I presume all the flagships of 2017 will as well, but that's it. No other ones have support yet.
Public Mobile
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6693 posts
491 upvotes
Waterloo
So i had my huawei mate 2 dam thing broke and bought the lg g4 great phone battery sucks wont even last a whole day!! Where as my huawei mate 2 big battery and it will last almost 2 days! Any suggestion or ideas?

Great specs maybe 3gb of ram and up?
Oct 17, 2016
324 posts
79 upvotes
sassysue wrote:
Jan 24th, 2017 9:27 am
So i had my huawei mate 2 dam thing broke and bought the lg g4 great phone battery sucks wont even last a whole day!! Where as my huawei mate 2 big battery and it will last almost 2 days! Any suggestion or ideas?

Just buy an extended battery for that phone. Its cheaper than getting a whole new phone.
Currently a Freedom Mobile customer on the Everywhere59 plan with the $10 3gb data addon with free canada and usa roaming.
Oct 17, 2016
324 posts
79 upvotes
sassysue wrote:
Jan 24th, 2017 9:27 am

Amazon is a great place to order an extended battery. That will solve the issue. I would go for one that has 6500Mah or higher. I ordered a power bear 6500mah battery for my LG G3 I'm waiting for it to arrive. It was $34.98 in total and it should be here on Monday.
Currently a Freedom Mobile customer on the Everywhere59 plan with the $10 3gb data addon with free canada and usa roaming.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1053 posts
640 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Buy a new battery from eBay and it will works
I bought a new battery for my old iPhone 4s from eBay, paid only 6 bucks
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12441 posts
4036 upvotes
Oakville
One would assume that pretty much every new flagship that comes out this year will have Band 66 LTE support, now that T-Mobile has started rolling out their band 66 network (because obvs no manufacturer is going to give a flying crap about Wind).
Public Mobile
Mar 14, 2017
65 posts
21 upvotes
FCC docs seem to indicate that the upcoming Galaxy S8 would have Band 66, but this will have to be confirmed when the phone actually becomes available.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12441 posts
4036 upvotes
Oakville
XeniaOnatopp wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 10:05 pm
FCC docs seem to indicate that the upcoming Galaxy S8 would have Band 66, but this will have to be confirmed when the phone actually becomes available.
Obviously... But the general assumption around the gadget blogosphere is that all the (North American launched, any way) flagships this year are going to have it. It's the same thing that happened when the original AWS LTE band first showed up
Public Mobile
Mar 14, 2017
65 posts
21 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 8:31 am
Obviously... But the general assumption around the gadget blogosphere is that all the (North American launched, any way) flagships this year are going to have it. It's the same thing that happened when the original AWS LTE band first showed up
"Assumption" is a dangerous word when it comes to Samsung. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes You'll never know what to expect.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12441 posts
4036 upvotes
Oakville
XeniaOnatopp wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 5:04 pm
"Assumption" is a dangerous word when it comes to Samsung. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes You'll never know what to expect.
Shrug. I'd be very surprised if most, if not all, of the flagships launched this year don't support Band 66. T-Mobile has something like 70 million subscribers, it would be exceedingly foolish to not support band 66.
Public Mobile
Mar 14, 2017
65 posts
21 upvotes
Shrug. I'd be very surprised if most, if not all, of the flagships launched this year don't support Band 66. T-Mobile has something like 70 million subscribers, it would be exceedingly foolish to not support band 66.
Now that Samsung (or FreeMo) has confirmed that they are supporting B66 on GS8, the conversation is pretty much moot. While it's a great idea to have B66 on a phone, however, I would disagree with you that it is "foolish" without: 1) 70 million subscribers from T-Mo - while sounds big, is just 25% of Verizon and AT&T combined and approx. 20% of those two's combined revenues, 2) T-Mo is not B66 exclusive - they still have B4, B12 and B2. A phone not having B66 is not dead in the water for a T-Mo customer. In fact, for myself that travels to Buffalo area often and sometimes Detroit, using Roam (TMo MVNO), B66 does nothing for me as they don't have spectrum at those area. In fact, T-Mo doesn't even list B66 on their support page.

The situation is different for FreeMo where they are B66 exclusive.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12441 posts
4036 upvotes
Oakville
XeniaOnatopp wrote:
Mar 31st, 2017 5:38 pm
Now that Samsung (or FreeMo) has confirmed that they are supporting B66 on GS8, the conversation is pretty much moot. While it's a great idea to have B66 on a phone, however, I would disagree with you that it is "foolish" without: 1) 70 million subscribers from T-Mo - while sounds big, is just 25% of Verizon and AT&T combined and approx. 20% of those two's combined revenues, 2) T-Mo is not B66 exclusive - they still have B4, B12 and B2. A phone not having B66 is not dead in the water for a T-Mo customer. In fact, for myself that travels to Buffalo area often and sometimes Detroit, using Roam (TMo MVNO), B66 does nothing for me as they don't have spectrum at those area. In fact, T-Mo doesn't even list B66 on their support page.

The situation is different for FreeMo where they are B66 exclusive.
This is the exact same argument people had about the original AWS band when it came out. "Nobody has it yet, it's not implemented anywhere, why would they support it?" - it costs basically nothing to add another supported band as long as the chipset supports it, so why *wouldn't* companies start supporting it now that there's a potential customer base in the millions (regardless of the percentage that that represents, it's still millions of people) that will be able to use it in the next year or so? Marketing departments LOVE being able to tout new features, particularly in this day and age of annual incremental flagship spec bumps.
Public Mobile