• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2010 7:12 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
3044 posts
368 upvotes

The "PHOTO CONTEST" Thread

How's about we submit links here for photo contests? Sure, most of them are photo grabs, but it gives us amateurs a chance to include wins/honorable mentions in our portfolio, and the chance to win some prizes and cash.

I can moderate the first post to keep it up-to-date with current contests (if this will even work at all). Please post the contest type (i.e. travel, nature, general), contest name, link, and submission date! Thanks!

TRAVEL
Frommers Cover Photo Contest ($5000 prize) - ends March 31, 2010
PhotoLife - "Rainbows" - ends January 15, 2010
PhotoLife - "Summertime" - ends March 12, 2010
PhotoLife - "Graveyards" - ends May 7, 2010
PhotoLife - "Out the Window" - ends July 9, 2010
PhotoLife - "Hotel Rooms" - ends September 10, 2010

Neil Ta, Epic Wedding Photographer. My Instagram
3 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
4773 posts
40 upvotes
Hey, listen, all links lead to the same page, where it just talks about rules and guidelines of the contest.
Doesn't mention (like what does Out the Window mean really?) anything beyond that.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
3044 posts
368 upvotes
Lulz wrote:
Jan 11th, 2010 11:43 am
Hey, listen, all links lead to the same page, where it just talks about rules and guidelines of the contest.
Doesn't mention (like what does Out the Window mean really?)
Not sure to be honest, I am not running the contests -- just trying to link to them. I think it is just a theme based on the issue being released. I am sure the prize changes too from issue-to-issue. There's really no description for the current contest "Rainbows" either.

You could message them to ask.
Neil Ta, Epic Wedding Photographer. My Instagram
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
3097 posts
12 upvotes
Markham
Nice thread man!

I'm always looking for a little inspiration, and the possibility of winning a contest just for a simple shot would be really worth going above and beyond. :P

I'll keep a look out for some contests as well.

p.s: how about free "contests"? with no prize.
http://dpreview.com has some challenges and I think it's a good idea to participate in some of those to see what other people think.