Art and Photography

Photography, Photography Related - Co-op/Internship?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2010 2:39 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2006
1877 posts
122 upvotes
Wait this is a TDSB co-op program in photography? Wondering cause strike me as strange that the teacher would call black's if it's a photography program...

If not than well good luck. Just be aware that most co-op programs even the vaulted one a uwaterloo don't always get people what they wanted to do. I personally pass on co-op cause there wasn't any good jobs the year I could choose to take it at Queen's. And seriously didn't need it anyhow since I managed to find jobs I like every summer so I had as much work exp as people who went on to co-op, just without the extra year in school needed ;)
Oct 29, 2005
969 posts
46 upvotes
kay188 wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2010 11:35 pm
Yeah. Something exactly like that.
Are you offering? :D
I would, but I wouldn't have enough work for you.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2007
5855 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
gotak wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2010 11:58 pm
Wait this is a TDSB co-op program in photography? Wondering cause strike me as strange that the teacher would call black's if it's a photography program...
It's not a co-op in photography itself, but as co-op in general.
There are other students who are in the class who want to do teaching, automotive, retail, etc.
I just choose photography as it might be a nice head start into such world.

Oh tell me about it. Extra year of school. I'm dead from semester 1 already. :(
lz7j wrote:
Feb 4th, 2010 12:00 am
I would, but I wouldn't have enough work for you.
Bummer.
M-e-X-x wrote:
Nov 27th, 2011 7:22 am
Booty call AND you get gas money? Sweet!
My HEATWARE
100% Positive
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2007
5855 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
So I just got off school, and the teacher tried Magenta Studios, and Sugino.

Magenta said thaw don't take co-op students, it's company policy or something.
Sugino said they're taking on another student from a university.
Looks like you really get to factor in that creativity for Sugino as pmc stated.

I got a list off the TDSB database of places of studios and such, and I'm supposed to cold call some.
I told my teacher about blacks, and now that's put off. Haha.

If anyone has any other or more suggestions, feel free to post them. :)

Just thought i'd update you all on my progress!
M-e-X-x wrote:
Nov 27th, 2011 7:22 am
Booty call AND you get gas money? Sweet!
My HEATWARE
100% Positive
Sep 15, 2006
255 posts
3 upvotes
Maybe check the local newspapers or magazines to see if they want a cheap freelancer they can use and abuse for your co-op time period!
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
419 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
Elisha wrote:
Feb 4th, 2010 12:22 pm
Maybe check the local newspapers or magazines to see if they want a cheap freelancer they can use and abuse for your co-op time period!
+1

I know the Toronto Star just recently liquidated a lot of its employees, including photographers. :(

Maybe they wouldn't mind the free help since they were losing readership and couldn't afford to keep photographers full-time on staff.

Toronto Sun, National Post, 24, heck even Markham, Richmond Hill, Mississauga has their own city wide newspapers.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2006
1877 posts
122 upvotes
CSAgent wrote:
Feb 4th, 2010 12:37 pm
+1

I know the Toronto Star just recently liquidated a lot of its employees, including photographers. :(

Maybe they wouldn't mind the free help since they were losing readership and couldn't afford to keep photographers full-time on staff.

Toronto Sun, National Post, 24, heck even Markham, Richmond Hill, Mississauga has their own city wide newspapers.
They need better writing more than anything else. But that's off topic.

What about Metro that free new paper that gets dump on the TTC each morning?
Deal Addict
May 20, 2008
1301 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
I've seen Star interns in action. Believe you have to be in post-secondary for that.

Seeing them getting chewed out by one of the staffers was pretty funny.