Tags:
None
Banned
Jun 11, 2008
598 posts
Toronto
Keelie wrote:
May 19th, 2008 5:01 pm
true about the ink on the paper with a regular printer, not true with a photo printer. i have a canon photo printer that prints only 4x6, and they look exactly the same as what you get from any store.

it does not use regular ink, but has a cartridge that is similar to lazer, the photo comes out 4 times, first with yellow, then red, then finished, then a coating. can not tell the difference between them or what you pay for in store.

and now on topic, i print my pictures at home. it works out to something like .32 cents per print... but if i was printing LOTS of pics, then i would take them to a store.
normally i just go to walmart, i like the way they are set up. and i can adjust my picture anyway i want before i give it to them to print. that way i dont end up with something cut off that i want in the picture. i find that happens when i take them to costco.

but i prefer the quality of my own at home photo printer.

What you are using is a dye sublimation printer which produces very good results that matches or exceeds the quality of lab printers.

For my purpose, if i am doing large format (A3+) print using art paper such as photo rag/museum etching or even canvas, i will trust my Canon Pro 9500 which has 10 individual ink tanks. If i am doing just regular 4X6 for friends, I rather take them to a store where they do it much faster.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2023 posts
261 upvotes
Canada
+1 for costco. I can't match their price or quality.
Aug 25, 2007
99 posts
1 upvote
GTA
If you get CIS for your printer it will be much cheaper