Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
PIA via WindowsCentral

2 Yrs PIA VPN for $60USD

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2017 4:05 am
Tags:
None
24 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10889 posts
5430 upvotes
Toronto
doesn't sound like a big deal since it's really only a $10 discount per year on 2 year contract, as it's $39/yr right now
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10166 posts
5555 upvotes
Toronto
Think I got it at $28 USD a year during a promotion? Doesn't it go regularly on sale for ~$30 a year?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2906 posts
3044 upvotes
Toronto
Variability wrote: Think I got it at $28 USD a year during a promotion? Doesn't it go regularly on sale for ~$30 a year?
They used to have it at 32 (IIRC) at retentions page, but it seems it doesn't work anymore.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
A lot of websites I used have started to block PIA servers. Sort of defeat the purpose, because these are the places I want to hide my IP from
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1921 posts
214 upvotes
konsensei wrote: A lot of websites I used have started to block PIA servers. Sort of defeat the purpose, because these are the places I want to hide my IP from
Any example that you can share ?
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10166 posts
5555 upvotes
Toronto
Also, I've noticed having used this for more than half a year, PIA internet drops out on my connections and have happened to multiple friends of mine. A simple reset of the network card fixes it but it's become more frequent as of late that I constantly have to do this to get a connection through the VPN. If I turn off PIA my internet is fine, just using it has become unreliable that if I'm not sure I'd recommend it to anyone anymore.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
1002 posts
251 upvotes
Ottawa
Variability wrote: Also, I've noticed having used this for more than half a year, PIA internet drops out on my connections and have happened to multiple friends of mine. A simple reset of the network card fixes it but it's become more frequent as of late that I constantly have to do this to get a connection through the VPN. If I turn off PIA my internet is fine, just using it has become unreliable that if I'm not sure I'd recommend it to anyone anymore.
What server do you connect to? I had VPN cut out on me a few times when I first started using it, but I haven't had any problems for a while. Once in a blue moon it tells me I have to reinstall the TAP driver, which basically means reinstalling PIA, but otherwise it's been reliable. I usually connect to US East, but also to Toronto and Montreal.
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10166 posts
5555 upvotes
Toronto
eday_2010 wrote: What server do you connect to? I had VPN cut out on me a few times when I first started using it, but I haven't had any problems for a while. Once in a blue moon it tells me I have to reinstall the TAP driver, which basically means reinstalling PIA, but otherwise it's been reliable. I usually connect to US East, but also to Toronto and Montreal.
It's usually US East as well.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
eday_2010 wrote: What server do you connect to? I had VPN cut out on me a few times when I first started using it, but I haven't had any problems for a while. Once in a blue moon it tells me I have to reinstall the TAP driver, which basically means reinstalling PIA, but otherwise it's been reliable. I usually connect to US East, but also to Toronto and Montreal.
I connect to the same ones.
When it runs, it works fine, and reaching close to max speed, which is really amazing.
However, if unused for a while, I'm saying an hour or so, and sometimes just 5-10 mins, it gets sluggish, not loading. Apple, Androids, or Windows PCs, all experience the same thing. Restarting would do the trick, but it's annoying
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5185 posts
1828 upvotes
Mississauga
FlyerTalk gets blocked a lot on PIA, but not a big deal, I just switch to a different server and it works again.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
I use PIA, it does not get sluggish, nor cutt-out.

I do hate though, many websites get a trigger since it gets hit with the same IP so many times, that you have to enter anti-robot checks.

Also, careful with some apps, such as poker, don't use VPN for that.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1921 posts
214 upvotes
For me, there are couple of sites that dont open on Safari while using PIA while it works fine on Chrome. If I don't use PIA, they open fine. Regular websites such as my Bank website
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
1002 posts
251 upvotes
Ottawa
I don't find it gets sluggish either, though I only have it running on my desktop computer all the time since that is the machines that I use for the things people use VPNs for (torrents, not anything heinous or deplorable).
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16871 posts
2557 upvotes
PIA changes things ad hoc without informing their customers, the service isn't all that fast, and you can't have static port mappings for torrents.

I've been on PIA for about a year and a half, but I will be switching to another provide that offers better port mapping capabilities. I'm thinking of NordVPN, anyone use them?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1763 posts
4499 upvotes
Pawtucket
It regularly goes on sale for about $30 US. I've used PIA for over 3 years now and have been pretty satisfied. Works well on PC and phone and I can watch US Amazon Prime videos with it.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10889 posts
5430 upvotes
Toronto
coolspot wrote: PIA changes things ad hoc without informing their customers, the service isn't all that fast, and you can't have static port mappings for torrents.

I've been on PIA for about a year and a half, but I will be switching to another provide that offers better port mapping capabilities. I'm thinking of NordVPN, anyone use them?
NordVPN is very slow during peak hours, and my year just ended with them so i'm looking for another VPN now

can anyone recommend another one? from what you guys are saying it looks like PIA's not sounding that great either, and i'd need one that's as fast as possible for P2P/torrents
Jun 12, 2010
844 posts
182 upvotes
Vancouver
strange that so many are having negative experiences with PIA.. been with them over the last two years and have not found any difficulties. sure, netflix US is blocked, but let me know of a public VPN that can beat netflix's VPN detection and I'm all in.