Sports & Recreation

PickupHockeyGTA Sunday Canlan VICTORIA PARK at 8:15PM September 18

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2016 11:35 am
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
1521 posts
18 upvotes
Are there any locations in Mississauga or West Etobicoke where I could join a beginner league or play some hockey? I can skate but that's about it.
[OP]
Aug 18, 2009
286 posts
3 upvotes
koleso wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 4:35 pm
Are there any locations in Mississauga or West Etobicoke where I could join a beginner league or play some hockey? I can skate but that's about it.

Adulthockeyclub.com
Fnhockey.com
Hockeynoobs.com

Games usually on friday nights.
Refer to posts on Page 1.

They are west end of toronto,
not in mississauga or etobicoke tho.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
1521 posts
18 upvotes
wilsonchan96 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 4:37 pm
Adulthockeyclub.com
Fnhockey.com
Hockeynoobs.com

Games usually on friday nights.
Refer to posts on Page 1.

They are west end of toronto,
not in mississauga or etobicoke tho.
Im at Dundas/Hurontario.
Checked those links, rinks are very far from me :(
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1722 posts
67 upvotes
I tried getting into the sport a few years ago with some friends. I can skate, but not hockey stop. I actually really enjoyed it but I felt like my skill level was just too low for them. How 'beginner' is everyone in this?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
1521 posts
18 upvotes
Just spoke at one of the offices at Mastercard center/Lakeshore Lions Arena in South/West Etobicoke and lady said they can organize something if they get the right amount of people. If any beginner is interested to play, its right on Mississauga/Etobicoke border.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1294 upvotes
steve-0101 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 6:24 pm
I'd be very surprised if the rink would even let someone play without a helmet.
Apart from the obvious skates and stick...minimum is jock, helmet ( with a cage IMO...even more-so in casual pick-up games in my view ), gloves and elbow pads ( and people really underestimate how important eblow pads are btw )...and if you can bring a mini portable oxygen tank to keep on the bench...so much the better. ;)
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1294 upvotes
comicbookguy wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 4:48 pm
I tried getting into the sport a few years ago with some friends. I can skate, but not hockey stop. I actually really enjoyed it but I felt like my skill level was just too low for them. How 'beginner' is everyone in this?
A few times out public skating with someone who's a seasoned skater to teach you...and you can pick up stopping pretty quickly.
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 10, 2007
9174 posts
803 upvotes
Whens the latest on RSVP ? Don't want to commit too early if plans change
wilsonchan96 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 3:15 pm
Sounds good!
Please RSVP on our website:

http://pickuphockeygta.spruz.com/
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
[OP]
Aug 18, 2009
286 posts
3 upvotes
Go on our website to find out. We are level 2 - Level 3.
the video link is there.
comicbookguy wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 4:48 pm
[OP]
Aug 18, 2009
286 posts
3 upvotes
You can put yourself as maybe attending first, but only those who choose attending will be assigned a spot on the roster.
January 12 RSVP is closed as we got full roster.
January 19 is almost full.

So when to RSVP?
that's up to you.
You can change your mind up to 48 hours before the actual game.

sexyj wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 5:32 pm
Whens the latest on RSVP ? Don't want to commit too early if plans change
Deal Fanatic
Feb 10, 2007
9174 posts
803 upvotes
well thats too bad that 12 is full

do you have any contingency plan against people flopping on the rsvp ? like getting people to emt you $5 as a deposit ?
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
[OP]
Aug 18, 2009
286 posts
3 upvotes
There is no contingency plan right now as a lot of it is put on trust. I email those registered a reminder a few days before the game and I do allow people to change their minds up to 24 hours before the actual game date.

There have been instances of no shows...

If its just a no show (without any notifications or within 24 hours of the game), it's understandable as things do come up and it'll be fine. It is encouraged for that individual to be respectful and pay an additional $5 the next game they attend to partially cover the loss on my part from past game, but i leave that up to the individual to decide.

However, if it's a regular occurrence for no show without notification, then that person will be banned and not allowed to join next time.
sexyj wrote:
Jan 7th, 2013 2:26 am
well thats too bad that 12 is full

do you have any contingency plan against people flopping on the rsvp ? like getting people to emt you $5 as a deposit ?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 10, 2007
9174 posts
803 upvotes
alrite, maybe ill check back in a couple a days if anybody drops out
wilsonchan96 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2013 6:03 pm
There is no contingency plan right now as a lot of it is put on trust. I email those registered a reminder a few days before the game and I do allow people to change their minds up to 24 hours before the actual game date.

There have been instances of no shows...

If its just a no show (without any notifications or within 24 hours of the game), it's understandable as things do come up and it'll be fine. It is encouraged for that individual to be respectful and pay an additional $5 the next game they attend to partially cover the loss on my part from past game, but i leave that up to the individual to decide.

However, if it's a regular occurrence for no show without notification, then that person will be banned and not allowed to join next time.
Sep 9, 2005
202 posts
Toronto
Any chance for a second game on this Saturday or a game Sunday?
× < >