Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Pilot Coffee Roasters

Pilot Coffee Roasters - 20% All Blends

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2021 7:52 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
8018 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto

Pilot Coffee Roasters - 20% All Blends

Deal Link:
Savings:
20% off
Expiry:
February 16, 2021
Retailer:
Pilot Coffee Roasters
In spirit of Family Day long weekend here in Ontario, Pilot Coffee Roasters is offering 20% off all blends with code: FAMILY20
Looks like free shipping over $30.

Great way to support your local roaster and/or try new roaster.

Enjoy!
76 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1499 posts
2391 upvotes
Hammonds
Decent, thank you
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2542 posts
963 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
Thanks for posting! I've bought from Pilot several times in the past but it's been a while.

I don't recall who they ship with? I ordered from Social Coffee two weeks ago and my shipment took over 10 days to arrive and I live 40 minutes from the shipping origin lol

If you can, make sure you ship with something other than Canada Post until they catch up.
Dec 13, 2016
100 posts
101 upvotes
toronto
Too bad doesn't work on single origin. Still a decent deal with two bags shipped free @ $30.40, thanks
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
How does this compare to Kicking Horse?
Apr 15, 2008
115 posts
73 upvotes
RandomSanity wrote: Thanks for posting! I've bought from Pilot several times in the past but it's been a while.

I don't recall who they ship with? I ordered from Social Coffee two weeks ago and my shipment took over 10 days to arrive and I live 40 minutes from the shipping origin lol

If you can, make sure you ship with something other than Canada Post until they catch up.
Last time I ordered from Pilot, it came FedEx. If you live in a postal code starting in M4*, they'll use a local courrier.
Nov 26, 2015
184 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Pilot is very fast. As stated, if you’re in downtown Toronto they use a courier, which can be same day.
Apr 15, 2008
115 posts
73 upvotes
Shaner wrote: How does this compare to Kicking Horse?
From my experience if you order from Pilot it will have been roasted within a week or two from when you get it so it would be fresher. Pilot's coffees tend to be more "adventurous" in terms of flavours.

Even with the sale, Pilot costs about 50% more. It's really up to the individual if they think it's worth it. I'll go back and forth roasters like Pilot and Kicking Horse depending on how baller I'm feeling at the time of ordering.

Thanks OP! Ordered a couple of bags, BTW.
Jan 18, 2021
155 posts
213 upvotes
Different category completely, kick horse owned by Lavazza and mass-produced vs pilot which is a smaller batch roast.
Apr 9, 2007
177 posts
308 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! Been saving so much money by not buying coffee while at work that I'm happy to pay a bit more to have the good stuff while I'm at home.
Sep 4, 2013
195 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
RandomSanity wrote: Thanks for posting! I've bought from Pilot several times in the past but it's been a while.

I know the other poster commented theirs came via FedEx. Mine had always come via UPS. I’ve ordered 4 times now always during a 20% off sale.

Fantastic coffee. Coworker recommended it and now it’s our go to.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1354 posts
566 upvotes
The last two orders I had from Pilot did not have a roast date on the package (3 different bags & roasts). It's something I found particularly odd. It's not that they were bad, but certain characteristics were missing from the brew (thicker crema). I have had good experiences with their coffee via their shops (brewed and bagged) ... but in my last two online orders have just been disappointing as compared to them.
If my post has helped you out, gimme a thumbs up! Buy/Sell/Trade with Confidence!

BST Feedback: 100% Positive on RFD, Heatware, eBay 50-0-0 (closed 2017-08-29), and I use to manage a AT&T Group Plan.
Jul 16, 2018
153 posts
147 upvotes
Shaner wrote: How does this compare to Kicking Horse?
Kicking horse is better imo. Pilot's coffee is not worth the premium at all. Tried it once, never again.

Plus, when kicking horse is on sale, you can get it for $10/ea
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2542 posts
963 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
BeanNumberOne wrote: Kicking horse is better imo. Pilot's coffee is not worth the premium at all. Tried it once, never again.

Plus, when kicking horse is on sale, you can get it for $10/ea
Certainly depends on what you value. Kicking Horse is my favourite grocery store brand but there is really a big difference in freshness and quality when going with a local small-batch roaster. Some of those kicking horse bags have expiry dates like two years in the future and they could have been roasted over a year ago.

The taste is subjective but you may have just chosen randomly rather than choosing based on flavour profile. The way you brew your coffee can also make a huge difference. If you're just using a cheap, automatic brewer you won't get the most out of the more expensive beans.
noreallyitsme wrote: I know the other poster commented theirs came via FedEx. Mine had always come via UPS. I’ve ordered 4 times now always during a 20% off sale.

Fantastic coffee. Coworker recommended it and now it’s our go to.
Thanks! Likely depends on how far away you are from the shipping location. Either way Fedex and UPS are quicker than Canada Post at the moment so I'm in with either one for the time being.
Last edited by RandomSanity on Feb 12th, 2021 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4713 posts
6306 upvotes
Prince George
BeanNumberOne wrote: Pilot's coffee is not worth the premium at all. Tried it once, never again.
Fun fact: they have more than one coffee blend. They don’t all taste the same.
Jul 16, 2018
153 posts
147 upvotes
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: Fun fact: they have more than one coffee blend. They don’t all taste the same.
Wow you don't say? Whenever I try a new bean, I always go for their recommended/most popular. It was not good, reminded me of starbucks. Why would I bother wasting money on their other flavours when I know kickinghorse is better than what I tried?
Apr 15, 2008
115 posts
73 upvotes
IamTHEvilONE wrote: The last two orders I had from Pilot did not have a roast date on the package (3 different bags & roasts). It's something I found particularly odd. It's not that they were bad, but certain characteristics were missing from the brew (thicker crema). I have had good experiences with their coffee via their shops (brewed and bagged) ... but in my last two online orders have just been disappointing as compared to them.
That's no good. I ordered on December 27 last time and the beans I got were marked roasted on December 24.

Did you talk to them about it? Just curious about what their customer service might be like!
Apr 15, 2008
115 posts
73 upvotes
BeanNumberOne wrote: Wow you don't say? Whenever I try a new bean, I always go for their recommended/most popular. It was not good, reminded me of starbucks. Why would I bother wasting money on their other flavours when I know kickinghorse is better than what I tried?
That's a really interesting comment. How do you brew?

My experience is the other way around. Blends like Three Sisters and Grizzly Claw taste closer to what Starbucks Pike Place or whatever they have on Bold rotation for me... I mean, I still buy Kicking Horse. It's really great value, no doubt. I can't say anything I've gotten from Pilot (I've tried all their blends) tastes anything like I'd get from Starbucks. Maybe Blonde Roast?
Mar 29, 2019
19 posts
21 upvotes
Kicking horse is absolutely nowhere near Pilot in terms of quality and freshness. There is a premium, but it's hard to go back once you start drinking it. I use mine for espresso exclusively, so others may have different opinions for drip coffee.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)