• Apr 11th, 2016 3:31 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 13, 2007
87 posts
14 upvotes
Port Coquitlam

PINK SOLUTION cleaner @ COSTCO ??

Hello, I saw a PINK SOLUTION demo at Costco and it looks great. Wondering if anyone has tried this product?

I looked up their website http://www.pinksolution.ca/ and got more info, but I'd like to hear of people's real experiences. Does this stuff really work?

Apparently this product is non-toxic & biodegradable with no chemicals. Please post your feedback!

BTW - You can see a demo of their product on the website if interested.
36 replies
Dec 25, 2002
621 posts
194 upvotes
I bought it a couple of years ago and still have 3/4 of the tub left if that tells you anything. It just doesn't seem to work in reality as well as the demo shows.

I would not buy it again.

Kelly
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
10169 posts
1114 upvotes
Markham
echoboom wrote:
Jan 18th, 2009 11:40 am
Hello, I saw a PINK SOLUTION demo at Costco and it looks great. Wondering if anyone has tried this product?

I looked up their website http://www.pinksolution.ca/ and got more info, but I'd like to hear of people's real experiences. Does this stuff really work?

Apparently this product is non-toxic & biodegradable with no chemicals. Please post your feedback!

I saw the costco demo, the girl even spray it into her mouth to show that is is non toxic :|
Dec 3, 2003
124 posts
2 upvotes
I find it works well.

It takes stains out of clothes really well.
It also lifts grease off the stove pretty good (need to soak for at least an hour).

haven't used it for everything it describes.
Dec 30, 2007
655 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
echoboom wrote:

I bought over a year ago for $49.99 but is not worth it. I have more than 1/2 bucket left. My wife bought it and refused to use it any more. It not worth that price and moreover it last very long so I believe the company is not worried that customer will come back
Oct 16, 2008
576 posts
13 upvotes
I bought it several years ago and I use it in the Bissel carpet steam cleaner. I have other cleaners for around the house, so I don't use it much for anything else. I suppose I could though. It does work, but never as good as the demos.
I used to be me!
Jun 30, 2008
218 posts
7 upvotes
Burnaby
bought a tub at the PNE 10 years ago, it's in the garage now ready for action (I'm afraid to open it up).
Feb 16, 2010
1 posts
Canada
I am on my second one... I am clean freak :) and I have found it is great for just about anything ,Best stain remover on clothes I have every found, What sold us on it was our fire place doors, that black baked on smoke on the inside.... that only MR. muscle ( oven cleaner)would remove.... pink solution removes that in min's. Streak free walls ,floors,mirrors ect ect. I have a spray bottle of the weak solution under every sink in my house. I have never really used it for washing clothes( Tide lover) But the last few weeks I have started using it for washing clothes so I am not sure about that yet.
My recommendation.... Buy it once.. you will find out if you like it... But remember to USE it !!!!! for just about everything !!!!!
For all of you that still have some left " DIG It OUT AGAIN" and find more ways to use. :) It really is great stuff.. also ( Non- toxic...bio-Degradable) OMG .. I think I should be the one selling this in Cosco .. LOL
BABS
Apr 4, 2004
727 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Didn't want to dig out the 2 year old thread. But after I have used the Pink Solution for about a couple of Months, I really want to say some fair words for this product.

It's absolutely the best cleaning product I ever used, especially for people have kids or pets.

Don't know why it didn't work for other people above, but for me, it's amazing. I am mainly used it to clean stains on the carpet and my kids' cloths. It works and works the best if comparing to any other product I used (bleach, stain remover, etc...). I had recommended it to a few friends who also have young kids, and they all love it after tried.

I think what Pink Solution should do is to give a small cup of sample at Costco instead of demo, which will definitely do better marketing for their product.
Apr 6, 2009
14 posts
Richmond
I also think it's an amazing product. I really wish more people knew about it. They don't have any in stores, just at the PNE or Costco. Whenever I want to remove stains from anything, I bring it out. I pretreat my clothes in it and it brought out the stains the first time that didn't wash out the last 3 times without Pink Solution. I feel better using it because it doesn't smell so artificial and I don't feel like breathing it in is going to harm me.

We got a giant tub years ago (7-8 years ago?) and the stuff still hasn't dried up and it still works. I like how you can use it using 'common sense'. You can mix it with water, or use it full strength or leave it on for as long as you think you need it (though there are some nice guidelines on the tub, at least the one I got a while back). You can mix your own bottle or do whatever you want with it. I bet I could mix more solution from my 5L tub of PS than buying 5 bottles of Windex at $10 each.

I've read up on Pink Solution reviews on other forums and I keep seeing people say it's a knock off of Quick n Brite which apparently has been around for some 56 years, yet I can't find any info on them. What do you guys think about that? It seems like Quick n Brite are the knock off company.
Feb 7, 2012
2 posts
Mississauga
echoboom wrote:

I have been using pink solution off and on for years and it's amazing. It is an all natural seaweed based solution that works on pretty much everything, and costs only 25 cents a liter at regular strength. I found out today that I can even use it in my steam cleaner without clogging it up.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2005
2391 posts
1130 upvotes
Toronto
kellya wrote:
Jan 19th, 2009 9:48 pm
I bought it a couple of years ago and still have 3/4 of the tub left if that tells you anything. It just doesn't seem to work in reality as well as the demo shows.

I would not buy it again.

Kelly
+1. I primarily bought this to pretreat stains (ie., collar, underarm and tablecloth stains). I pretreated the stain on my tablecloth and let it sit for a few days at full strength. Sadly, it didn't make any difference for me. I haven't used it for anything else yet.
Dec 30, 2007
655 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
I still have it bought four years ago. It does not do as it says or shown in the store. I use it to wash driveway and patio in summer.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2011
1023 posts
165 upvotes
OTTAWA
cluless wrote:
Feb 8th, 2012 7:17 pm
+1. I primarily bought this to pretreat stains (ie., collar, underarm and tablecloth stains). I pretreated the stain on my tablecloth and let it sit for a few days at full strength. Sadly, it didn't make any difference for me. I haven't used it for anything else yet.

It did not remove the stain on collar. I returned it the next day.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
1097 posts
226 upvotes
London
echoboom wrote:
... with no chemicals.
Are they selling empty bottles?

It might be an excellent product (I have no idea), but don't fall for the marketing BS.
× < >