• Jun 18th, 2015 11:10 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2008
3711 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto
valerie57a wrote: I first tried to post this complaint to Pinty's website, but there is no forum for that so I then tried to send a message to their facebook site; again, no forum for that. I tried the Pinty's Buffalo wings several months ago and was pleasantly surprised by the quality and taste. Although at almost 15.00 they were quite expensive, I bought them for the third time a few days ago. This was a 950 gram box, but I noticed that they seemed very small in size, some being barely the size of my thumb, so I decided to weigh them. The total weight was 672 grams. With some of the wings, there appeared to be more bone than any meat. I was absolutely disgusted at being short-changed in this way and this has totally put me off ever buying them again. Or any other Pinty's products. A real embarrassment for me is that I highly recommended them to a friend...I will now have to retract that recommendation and advise that friend to not buy them. A word of warning...if it looks like you're being short-changed, you probably are.
Try filing a complaint with the CFIA: http://www.inspection.gc.ca/eng/1297964 ... 7965645317
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
I clicked for the eugenia pix..
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
726 upvotes
valerie57a wrote: I first tried to post this complaint to Pinty's website, but there is no forum for that so I then tried to send a message to their facebook site; again, no forum for that. I tried the Pinty's Buffalo wings several months ago and was pleasantly surprised by the quality and taste. Although at almost 15.00 they were quite expensive, I bought them for the third time a few days ago. This was a 950 gram box, but I noticed that they seemed very small in size, some being barely the size of my thumb, so I decided to weigh them. The total weight was 672 grams. With some of the wings, there appeared to be more bone than any meat. I was absolutely disgusted at being short-changed in this way and this has totally put me off ever buying them again. Or any other Pinty's products. A real embarrassment for me is that I highly recommended them to a friend...I will now have to retract that recommendation and advise that friend to not buy them. A word of warning...if it looks like you're being short-changed, you probably are.
I think you have to weigh the sauces too
Dec 11, 2014
3 posts
Richmond Hill, ON
Let me just start off by saying, my cousin and I are hardcore chicken wings lovers, and even more hardcore Pinty's eaters.

These wings though, insanely saucy, 5 star premium cut veal steak juicy, and a heaven on earth smell that could bring the boys home from Iraq.

Now.. It's nothing like mom's home cooked but.. IT'S 500% BETTER. Toss your moms and head on over to your local grocery store.

Buy these. Now. Don't even worry about eating anything else for the rest of the year because these bad boys should be stocked all over your house. Buy two extra downstairs freezers because you're going to want to stock up. Everyone else will. Choji enforced style pandemic on these wings.

Breakfast, second breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks all throughout the day will be these saucy ass motherFu**ers. Fat boys gonna be out running forest gump the moment they get a wif of these golden meat chunks of goodness.
Jan 3, 2015
1 posts
Sechelt, BC
I just bought some Schneiders wings - the package says 750g - what they do is throw in a 150g bag of plum sauce with 600g of wings. Pinty's is probably doing the same - I find that misleading.
Oct 8, 2014
20 posts
Singapore
HoleyMoley wrote: Just noticed these in the grocery stores a few weeks ago...at $14.99, pretty expensive for frozen chicken wings, but these turned out really good. There were $2 off coupons on the display when I bought them.
[IMG]http://i2-store.walmart.ca/images/WMTCN ... ail_1.jpeg[/IMG]
They were big, moist and had a much better flavour than other frozen wings I have tried. I usually find breaded/battered frozen chicken wings turn out better than sauce wings, but these changed my mind.
http://www.pintys.com/eater-tainment.php?p=702417
Thanks for sharing.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2008
3711 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto
PromisedMyCousinIdMakeThisReview wrote: Let me just start off by saying, my cousin and I are hardcore chicken wings lovers, and even more hardcore Pinty's eaters.

These wings though, insanely saucy, 5 star premium cut veal steak juicy, and a heaven on earth smell that could bring the boys home from Iraq.

Now.. It's nothing like mom's home cooked but.. IT'S 500% BETTER. Toss your moms and head on over to your local grocery store.

Buy these. Now. Don't even worry about eating anything else for the rest of the year because these bad boys should be stocked all over your house. Buy two extra downstairs freezers because you're going to want to stock up. Everyone else will. Choji enforced style pandemic on these wings.

Breakfast, second breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks all throughout the day will be these saucy ass motherFu**ers. Fat boys gonna be out running forest gump the moment they get a wif of these golden meat chunks of goodness.
:facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 28, 2005
6409 posts
59 upvotes
Just tried Pinty's for the first time...their "Southern Fine foods" division of wings.

They were by far the worst chicken wings I've ever had. I don't complain about food, but they were inedible. The skin was chewy and gelatinous...much like if you didn't cook a thigh right. The meat was tough and overall they were awful. We couldn't finish them.

I called Pinty's and they told me it was their "discount line" and that they would recommend the regular pintys lineup as they taste much better. She even indicated that line of wings "wasn't very good". They said they couldn't offer a refund on the product even with my upc code.

Very disappointing customer service and overall experience. My first time calling a food company to complain about a product.
-
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
9335 posts
5636 upvotes
Spray wrote: Just tried Pinty's for the first time...their "Southern Fine foods" division of wings.

They were by far the worst chicken wings I've ever had. I don't complain about food, but they were inedible. The skin was chewy and gelatinous...much like if you didn't cook a thigh right. The meat was tough and overall they were awful. We couldn't finish them.

I called Pinty's and they told me it was their "discount line" and that they would recommend the regular pintys lineup as they taste much better. She even indicated that line of wings "wasn't very good". They said they couldn't offer a refund on the product even with my upc code.

Very disappointing customer service and overall experience. My first time calling a food company to complain about a product.
Discount line?! Wtf?!
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
726 upvotes
It's on sale at superstore for 9.99 starting Friday. The pub and grill expensive line. It's as cheap as it gets. Amazing batter but expensive. After no frills sales of $5 per box I might not do pintys again.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 28, 2005
6409 posts
59 upvotes
Was a fatty, gelatinous, congealed mess. The meat wouldn't tear off from the bone.
Just disgusting.

Toukolou wrote: Discount line?! Wtf?!
-