• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2005 11:08 am
Tags:
None
Mar 23, 2004
332 posts
6 upvotes

Is the Pioneer DVR-610 a good burner?

I got the Pioneer DVR-610 at Bestbuy and wondering if it's a good burner or not? How does it compare to the LG 4165? A preliminary search on google didn't really turn up much info. Did a search on Redflag and didn't come up with anything. :(
6 replies
Mar 23, 2004
332 posts
6 upvotes
Well, I don't want to open the box if I'm going to return it. On the box. It clearly says DVR-610 and on the bottom, there's a label that says PI-DVRW-610B. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on this drive. I'm thinking about returning it. I got it for $80 bucks with $30 MIR. Now that I think about it, doesn't seem like that good of a deal. Must have been half asleep at the time. :0

I already have an LG 4163. I'm not sure how it compares in terms of performance.
Mar 23, 2004
332 posts
6 upvotes
Thanks for clearing things up for me. I found a lot of information after I tried searching for 110.
Apr 7, 2004
279 posts
2 upvotes
I have a 109. I got it based on the good reviews I read but wish I didn't.
It's very loud compared to my old LG single layer. it makes aloud wooshing noise when watching movies and for some reason when I burn at 8x the CD-ROM tray (not the computer case) Vibrates like mad and fails to keep it at 8x and 50% of the time pooches the DVD.

Keep in mind this is just my experience. I purchased this drive because of the great reviews from others. I've had it for about 3 months and today I'm buying another LG. For the price in CDs it killed I could have paid for a new drive already. BenQ gets great reviews on their dvd-rw drives as well.
Mar 23, 2004
332 posts
6 upvotes
Hey Bobbyt. That sounds bad. I already have an LG 4163 and so far it's worked out pretty good. It's not very loud and it does what I want it to. I haven't had any coasters and I've had it for a while..maybe a year or so..don't remember. I think I'm going to return the pioneer and maybe get another LG later on.

========================================
I have a 109. I got it based on the good reviews I read but wish I didn't.
It's very loud compared to my old LG single layer. it makes aloud wooshing noise when watching movies and for some reason when I burn at 8x the CD-ROM tray (not the computer case) Vibrates like mad and fails to keep it at 8x and 50% of the time pooches the DVD.

Keep in mind this is just my experience. I purchased this drive because of the great reviews from others. I've had it for about 3 months and today I'm buying another LG. For the price in CDs it killed I could have paid for a new drive already. BenQ gets great reviews on their dvd-rw drives as well.