Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Pit Boss K24 Kamado Grill $499.97, Pellet Grill $399.97

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2018 8:12 pm
Aug 3, 2005
697 posts
325 upvotes
I was told the Kamado grills are not available in the stores anymore...pellet one still is....
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2913 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
argh, can't get it today, hope I can find something tomorrow evening...
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1382 posts
264 upvotes
GTA
Just noticed the 5 bags of wood pellet i bought from costco all has maple - hickory - cherry flavour(?).
Wondering if Costco carry other type of flavour?

Newbie with this pellet grill stuff eh... Winking Face
Jun 6, 2006
325 posts
220 upvotes
Acton
Called looking for the pellet grill

OOS: Hartland, Laird, Guelph, Brampton, Burlington,
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
2209 posts
1814 upvotes
tokiwadai wrote: Just noticed the 5 bags of wood pellet i bought from costco all has maple - hickory - cherry flavour(?).
Wondering if Costco carry other type of flavour?

Newbie with this pellet grill stuff eh... Winking Face
They do, only when the Traeger road show is there. You can check your location to see if you have one coming up here

The Traeger pellets they sell now are pretty good all purpose pellets. I have been using them exclusively for now, mainly because they are the cheapest you can find.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines
ahammad wrote: They do, only when the Traeger road show is there. You can check your location to see if you have one coming up here

The Traeger pellets they sell now are pretty good all purpose pellets. I have been using them exclusively for now, mainly because they are the cheapest you can find.
These have been mentioned in other threads:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/hardw ... p.html#srp

I'm going through a bag of them now. I first tried them on burgers and didn't find anything wrong with them, but burgers don't cook long enough to get much of the wood flavour anyway. I then tried them with steaks and they tasted great. I've since done ribs twice. Compared to the Traeger premium blend mentioned above, I actually prefer these. I'm new to wood grilling, so I can't tell the different wood tastes apart yet. The Traeger ones give stronger flavour to the meat, and again, since I don't know which woods taste like what, I'm not sure which wood it is in that mix but there's definitely one of them I'm not a big fan of. The best way I can describe it is the Canawick pellets have a more "neutral" flavour. They made the ribs taste "smokey", but I couldn't say if it was like an apple, hickory, maple, etc. For the price, I'm more than happy with them. The wife seems to have liked the ribs I made with the Canawick pellets better than the Traeger pellets too. FWIW
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
2209 posts
1814 upvotes
2kfire wrote: These have been mentioned in other threads:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/hardw ... p.html#srp

I'm going through a bag of them now. I first tried them on burgers and didn't find anything wrong with them, but burgers don't cook long enough to get much of the wood flavour anyway. I then tried them with steaks and they tasted great. I've since done ribs twice. Compared to the Traeger premium blend mentioned above, I actually prefer these. I'm new to wood grilling, so I can't tell the different wood tastes apart yet. The Traeger ones give stronger flavour to the meat, and again, since I don't know which woods taste like what, I'm not sure which wood it is in that mix but there's definitely one of them I'm not a big fan of. The best way I can describe it is the Canawick pellets have a more "neutral" flavour. They made the ribs taste "smokey", but I couldn't say if it was like an apple, hickory, maple, etc. For the price, I'm more than happy with them. The wife seems to have liked the ribs I made with the Canawick pellets better than the Traeger pellets too. FWIW
What is your experience with Canawick? They wouldn't confirm whether or not they are safe to use for smoking, but they did say that it is 100% wood content with no additives when I emailed them...
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines
ahammad wrote: What is your experience with Canawick? They wouldn't confirm whether or not they are safe to use for smoking, but they did say that it is 100% wood content with no additives when I emailed them...
I read your post from the other thread (Link), and that's what convinced me to give them a try!

Like I said above, I'm not a wood "connoiseur" by any means, but they don't give the meat any unpleasant flavours at all, just a nice smokiness. I would compare the taste to what it's like cooking with charcoal. Honestly, for the $7 a bag costs, I would strongly recommend to give them a shot. As far as the health effects, I wouldn't be surprised if smoking or grilling in general has more risks than say boiling your food (Astonished Face), but I've never felt sick or anything from either the smoke, or the meat (other than due to the quantity I eat :D).
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
2209 posts
1814 upvotes
2kfire wrote: I read your post from the other thread (Link), and that's what convinced me to give them a try!

Like I said above, I'm not a wood "connoiseur" by any means, but they don't give the meat any unpleasant flavours at all, just a nice smokiness. I would compare the taste to what it's like cooking with charcoal. Honestly, for the $7 a bag costs, I would strongly recommend to give them a shot. As far as the health effects, I wouldn't be surprised if smoking or grilling in general has more risks than say boiling your food (Astonished Face), but I've never felt sick or anything from either the smoke, or the meat (other than due to the quantity I eat :D).
I have enough of the Traeger pellets for 1-2 more seasons but I will pick up a Canawick bag to try it out. Sometimes I just grill or sear on high heat anyway, which eliminates most smoke.
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
ahammad wrote: What is your experience with Canawick? They wouldn't confirm whether or not they are safe to use for smoking, but they did say that it is 100% wood content with no additives when I emailed them...
Since they're not designed for cooking, the company will never recommend them for that due to liability reasons, but if there's no additives, then there's no reason to worry
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
Anyone seen the K24 in stock for $499 recently?
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17377 upvotes
Markham
Shaner wrote: Anyone seen the K24 in stock for $499 recently?
Recommend nice people pm people like Shaner and other Rfd'ers if they see stock because if they post it here, lurkers and resellers snatch them first.

Reseller.... I see three cookers on Kijiji right now going for $700 plus. Don't help them by posting stock before you give a RFDer a heads up first.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2018
1515 posts
2810 upvotes
Winnipeg
tokiwadai wrote: Anyone has comments on this pit boss pizza stone?
Thinking of getting one.

Pit-Boss Pizza Stone
Overpriced and not very good. You want something made of cordierite, because it is good to 800F and won't break from thermal shock.

I picked up a couple of cordierite baking trays slightly smaller than that Pitboss one for $10ea from Walmart today.....
Apr 10, 2016
105 posts
51 upvotes
I'm on the West Coast, Vancouver areas... Anyone seen the pellet grill in store out here?

I feel like we get left out living on the West coast... Tired Face
Jul 12, 2017
52 posts
24 upvotes
tokiwadai wrote: Anyone has comments on this pit boss pizza stone?
Thinking of getting one.

Pit-Boss Pizza Stone
I picked up a stone from Loblaws on clearance and have used it a dozen or so times (twice in my pellet grill) without a problem. It was pretty cheap, maybe $20. Only thing to keep in mind is that you'll have to cook at a higher temp or for a bit longer (I prefer the latter) to make sure it's done.