[Costco] Pit Boss K24 Kamado Grill $499.97, Pellet Grill $399.97

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2018 8:12 pm
May 19, 2008
267 posts
31 upvotes
ahammad wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 10:20 am
Was the pellet grill on sale as well? I got mine a month and a half ago, wondering if I can price match it.
yes. Look at the title of this thread.
May 19, 2008
267 posts
31 upvotes
Stock R wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 9:43 am
Ymmv. I've always seen they require receipts for price adjustments. Funny because you can return and repurchase without.
I have a pic of my receipt weirdly enough which I hope is valid.
Mar 5, 2016
127 posts
47 upvotes
beezus888 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 10:39 am
yes. Look at the title of this thread.
I saw that, but I was asking specifically about the Merivale location since that is where I got it from. As far as I remember, you cannot return items to a different Costco, not sure about price adjustments though.
May 19, 2008
267 posts
31 upvotes
ahammad wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 10:44 am
I saw that, but I was asking specifically about the Merivale location since that is where I got it from. As far as I remember, you cannot return items to a different Costco, not sure about price adjustments though.
Okay I didn't know what you meant. I have returned items to different Costcos before without issue. Good question, can I do a price adjustment at a store I didn't buy from?
Sep 15, 2011
828 posts
341 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
Saw this at Barrie Costco yesterday too ($499.99) Not sure how many units remain.
Jan 8, 2018
104 posts
105 upvotes
coul0049 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 2:47 pm
Thanks for this! I've been considering both, but have held off thinking they'd go clearance sooner or later. Really don't need both, but the pellet grill is so convenient, and the Kamado would likely be a better smoker by a longshot.

I'm reading you don't get much of a smokey flavor from the pellet fed grills. Anybody have a different experience?
You definitely get a smokey flavour, just perhaps not as much as what some traditional smokers can deliver
Jan 8, 2018
104 posts
105 upvotes
Max_Dealing wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 3:57 pm
How long does it take to heat up and prep work for charcoal or pellet bbq.?
Can't comment on charcoal but my pellet grill doesn't take more than 5 mins for the fire to start. After that it doesn't need more than another 2-5 mins to get to smoking temperatures. If you are using it to grill and need a higher temp (400+) then it can take 10-15 mins to get there.
Jul 20, 2016
734 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto
miksterz1 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 11:04 am
You definitely get a smokey flavour, just perhaps not as much as what some traditional smokers can deliver
on smoker mode? or you mean it doesn't get smokey flavour when grilling/bbqing?
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Dec 22, 2006
79 posts
14 upvotes
Ottawa
ahammad wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 10:44 am
They had at least four at Merivale as of 9:30am this morning.
Mar 5, 2016
127 posts
47 upvotes
spackler wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 11:14 am
They had at least four at Merivale as of 9:30am this morning.
Thanks, I'll drop by after work, hopefully they still have some. What were you doing at Merivale at 930? Heh
Jan 8, 2018
104 posts
105 upvotes
neonic wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 11:10 am
on smoker mode? or you mean it doesn't get smokey flavour when grilling/bbqing?
I was replying to someone who was under the impression you don't get a smokey flavour. You definitely do but it probably isn't as intense as a traditional smoker. When grilling you only get a subtle smokey flavour, but that is to be expected given that you aren't smoking. It is nice you can use these to grill and smoke, but smoking is really what they are good for. I would never recommend a pellet grill to someone who will primarily be grilling.
Jul 20, 2016
734 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto
miksterz1 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 11:40 am
I was replying to someone who was under the impression you don't get a smokey flavour. You definitely do but it probably isn't as intense as a traditional smoker. When grilling you only get a subtle smokey flavour, but that is to be expected given that you aren't smoking. It is nice you can use these to grill and smoke, but smoking is really what they are good for. I would never recommend a pellet grill to someone who will primarily be grilling.
Interesting. I'm in the market for a bbq but never tested a pellet made.
I've always used Charcoal and I assume it won't be that same (nor very close) but should be better than propane/NG, right?

it's good to know that they're good for smoking (that's what I meant to ask, sorry if it sounded differently);
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Mar 5, 2016
127 posts
47 upvotes
neonic wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 11:49 am
Interesting. I'm in the market for a bbq but never tested a pellet made.
I've always used Charcoal and I assume it won't be that same (nor very close) but should be better than propane/NG, right?

it's good to know that they're good for smoking (that's what I meant to ask, sorry if it sounded differently);
The smokiness is not as intense but is actually what I prefer, so it works well for me. I also use it regularly for grilling and I think it tastes way better than propane.
Feb 16, 2017
50 posts
16 upvotes
anyone know if there is any in ancaster? or even king st kitchner?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2975 posts
346 upvotes
behyndman wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 1:57 pm
anyone know if there is any in ancaster? or even king st kitchner?
best to call costco for stock, the OP posted the item numbers so it should be easy peasy.