Cell Phones

Pixel 2 or Iphone X - What is better to buy?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2017 8:03 pm
[OP]
Apr 16, 2017
28 posts

Still cannot decide , which one will be my new phone
40 replies
Oct 14, 2015
605 posts
393 upvotes
Toronto, ON
At this point the only point of differentiation is Android vs iOS. Hardware is on par with almost every flagship these days. Some extra minor features here and there, thats it.
Galaxy S8 with Koodo $46 3GB plan
Zoomer $45 4GB plan
Deal Addict
May 26, 2006
1006 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
SureshA720227 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 10:33 am
At this point the only point of differentiation is Android vs iOS. Hardware is on par with almost every flagship these days. Some extra minor features here and there, thats it.
This. Android vs iOS would be the biggest deciding factor for me by far.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
3747 posts
338 upvotes
I agree. Pixel 2 seems at par with S8 and X phone looking at hardwear alone.

It's all going to come down to hands on and if you like choices. I dislike apples marketing production style of this is the way it is. Take it or leave it, those are your options. Vs googles you want to change it go a head.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1720 posts
218 upvotes
Red Deer
I know it's not a deal breaker for many but I'm still reeling from Google's decision to not implement wireless charging in the Pixel 2. Of course this happens as Apple decides to adopt wireless charging in iPhones for the first time. That has me leaning towards staying in the iOS camp for this year's upgrade.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
2148 posts
89 upvotes
Mississauga
what are the thoughts on the screen and camera comparisons between pixel 2 xl, pixel 2, and iphone x?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2648 posts
558 upvotes
Toronto
Rob76 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 12:15 pm
I know it's not a deal breaker for many but I'm still reeling from Google's decision to not implement wireless charging in the Pixel 2. Of course this happens as Apple decides to adopt wireless charging in iPhones for the first time. That has me leaning towards staying in the iOS camp for this year's upgrade.
Wireless charging just means even more accessories for Apple and third party companies to peddle.

Apple needed to go wireless charging since the bedside of a typical Apple loyalist consists of wires to charge phone, ear pods, and watch.

Samsung introduced wireless charging, without the need of a separate backplate, on the S6 Edge.

However, since then Samsung has released three different wireless chargers.

The flat one, the standup one, and now the convertible one.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2648 posts
558 upvotes
Toronto
Alexsmit2017 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 10:36 am
yes, but also the price difference
If price is a factor, then you have already made your choice.

Apple X does cost a lot more, but guess what is going to hood it's value a year from now?

And who else offers in-store support other than Apple?
Haris wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 12:34 pm
what are the thoughts on the screen and camera comparisons between pixel 2 xl, pixel 2, and iphone x?
Reviews aren't out yet for either phone, since both aren't out.

iPhone X will support HEVC for 4K video recording.

Google offers you unlimited cloud storage for photos and videos on this phone.

We'll have to wait and see how the OIS and EIS for the Pixel 2 works with a third party gimbal.

End of the day, app support is polished on iOS as opposed to Android.
Aug 13, 2010
2 posts
software wise: ios is behind now, everything on android is so easy to use, smooth, constantly. and i am worry-free for switching job from mobile to pc or collaborate with family members
Deal Addict
May 23, 2003
2059 posts
132 upvotes
acherons wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 4:44 pm
software wise: ios is behind now, everything on android is so easy to use, smooth, constantly. and i am worry-free for switching job from mobile to pc or collaborate with family members
I dont agree a thing you said there.
Yes, I had iphones (all of it) and android (cant count how many, using Note 8 now and had pixel Xl / Pixel as well)
iOS is much easier to use for average user / much smoother without any frame drop.
I won't even talk about gaming performance since Android is just straight piss poor comparing to iPhone.
I like Android cause it works better for me but doesn't mean its better, it really isnt.
Dont tell me your iPhone 6 stalled on you cause its old or iPhone 7 stalled on you cause your unit was defective.
And dont tell me your S7 / S8 / HTC 10 / LG G6 never lag cause it did, I have used them all and using the very best Note 8 right now.

The only android phones very close to iPhone in terms of speed and smoothness were OnePlus / Pixel phones for me. Period.

OP really shouldnt ask the question lol.
If you like Android then get a Pixel 2 or iPhone X if you like iOS.
Unlike Samsung phones, they both will hold their value fairly good so it should be fine.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9256 posts
861 upvotes
johnmoon wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 5:51 pm
I dont agree a thing you said there.
I disagree with you.

I am using a S8 and a SE right now. For day to day tasks, I find iOS takes a lot more steps to get thinks done. Things just aren't streamlined nor customizable. I don't want to stare at rows and rows of apps
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
3767 posts
648 upvotes
Brampton ON
Alexsmit2017 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 9:47 am
Still cannot decide , which one will be my new phone
You know what ia the best for you. Everyone has it's own choice.
Thank you for your generosity EY CG LJ
Shaw - Freedom Mobile
Virgin Mobile

May 8, 2009
2258 posts
709 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Neither phone would be my handset of choice. If Google has finally upped their game in hardware quality control, then I'd consider it. Don't know how easy it'd be to jailbreak an iPhone X. I would imagine that I'd need jailbreak in order to enjoy iOS.

I'm sure iPhone X will maintain good quality control. Just not a fan of Apple,

I think the OS would be the main decision factor between the two phones.
Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
Home service reseller internet + FPL + antenna with streaming on smart TV
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming