Cell Phones

Pixel 2 or Iphone X - What is better to buy?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2017 8:03 pm
Aug 30, 2011
816 posts
95 upvotes
Edmonton
No Pixel 2 for me this year. It's clear that the Android phones from Samsung or LG are much better at the same price or lower. I'm currently using a Galaxy S8+.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16234 posts
1047 upvotes
Woodbridge
jdh799 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 1:18 pm
Agreed that there probably is little difference in camera quality between the LG G6/V30, Samsung S8/Note 8, Pixel 2, iPhone 8/X, HTC U11, etc. that would be noticable to the average user. All of them have amazing cameras. The variance is more in feature sets - LG will be better if you prefer wide angle shots, Samsung/Apple if you prefer portrait/Boka effects, etc.

No, Apple doesn't have better hardware nor does it cost less. The iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB is about the same price as the Note 8, and you are probably going to have to go with the 256 GB since it doesn't have an SD card slot, and 64 GB is probably not enough. Plus, if you want fast charging (Apple doesn't include a proper charger in the box), add another $80, and add another $200-$300 to move up to the iPhone X. The top end Apple phone is effectively close to $400 over the top end Android phone. And, that's comparing the Note 8 which is the most expensive Android device. You can easily go into the $700 price range and get a great Android phone like the OnePlus, HTC U11, etc. To get an iPhone in that price range, you've got to step down to a trash tier 4.7 inch or smaller screen and a 2+ year old model.

As far as better hardware, not a chance. **trimmed

Why are you comparing the Note 8, OP says Pixel 2.

When I say hardware I mean like IP68, wireless charging. Like the Camera SPECS don't mean anything. l except bragging rights. Yes, iPhone is cheaper against the Pixel.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Jul 30, 2017
75 posts
13 upvotes
bembol wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 4:40 pm
Why are you comparing the Note 8, OP says Pixel 2.

When I say hardware I mean like IP68, wireless charging. Like the Camera SPECS don't mean anything. l except bragging rights. Yes, iPhone is cheaper against the Pixel.
Because I think the Note 8, not the Pixel 2 is the current apex of Android phones.

And, sorry, you are wrong that the Pixel 2 is cheaper.

iPhone 8 Plus 64 GB - $1059
iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB - $1269
iPhone X 64 GB - $1319
iPhone X 256 GB - $1529

Pixel 2 XL 64 GB - $1159
Pixel 2 XL 128 GB - $1289

The only case where the iPhone is cheaper than the Pixel is if you are comparing the iPhone 8 Plus to the Pixel XL and only going with the 64 GB version. So, you're then trying to compare Apple's second rate LCD, huge bezel rehash with the top Android flagships. Doesn't work that way. The comparison with the X makes a lot more sense, because all of the top Android flagships are leagues ahead of the 8. Also, add $80 to the iPhone price tag if you want to charge the thing at any kind of acceptable speed in 2017, because the included power adapter is slow charge and crap.
Dec 16, 2015
620 posts
215 upvotes
Canada
MrWhiteCoffee wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 12:57 pm
I can't even attach a PDF and other file formats in an email..is there a workaround now?

How do I have a download PDF open and then send it to my iOS email in one step if at all?

iOS is useless for work, that's why companies don't use ipsds anymore and have switched to surface
Share > Email app.

Copy and paste image to email.

Drag and drop on iPad.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
2965 posts
204 upvotes
Hummm iPhone X vs Pixel 2... just realized that mobile is stalling so much that this could definitely be iPhone 7 vs Pixel and the results would be exactly the same... literally nothing new and worthwhile on the new flagships.
I guess this is good for consumers. you could buy the previous versions and get the exact same experience, better yet, if you buy the previous versions, you can buy both the Pixel and an iPhone 7 and come out ahead of buying a new iPhone X or fully decked Pixel 2XL!

Cheers,
Dec 28, 2015
408 posts
116 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Redsanta wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 2:46 pm
Share > Email app.

Copy and paste image to email.

Drag and drop on iPad.
But I want multiple files and PDFs, won't let me do it in iOS?
Dec 16, 2015
620 posts
215 upvotes
Canada
MrWhiteCoffee wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 6:36 pm

But I want multiple files and PDFs, won't let me do it in iOS?
Select > Multiple Files > Share > Email all in one go...

Or select and drag multiple files on iPad...

You can even copy and paste files now...

Have you really use iPhones/iPads?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
24844 posts
2572 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Redsanta wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 6:49 pm
Select > Multiple Files > Share > Email all in one go...

Or select and drag multiple files on iPad...

You can even copy and paste files now...

Have you really use iPhones/iPads?
How do I share a contact?

I send you an email asking if you can forward me MrWhiteCoffee's contact info. Can you reply to that email and include his contact info as a vcf?
Dec 16, 2015
620 posts
215 upvotes
Canada
Gee wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 2:01 am
How do I share a contact?

I send you an email asking if you can forward me MrWhiteCoffee's contact info. Can you reply to that email and include his contact info as a vcf?
Copy and paste
Share contact
Drag and drop on ipad...

Basically almost anything can be dragged and dropped now...

Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
24844 posts
2572 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Redsanta wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 3:06 pm
Copy and paste
Share contact
Drag and drop on ipad...

Basically almost anything can be dragged and dropped now...
Amazing, it does work on the iPad. I threw out the iPhone 7 Plus after 4 months because this was not an available feature.

I think drag and drop is iPad specific. Sharing from the contacts app is not the same as replying to the original email with the contact info. Copying and pasting doesn't allow the recipient to import the contact info and they will need to key in the info manually

Now if they could just get copy and paste to work properly