• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2008 12:10 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 18, 2004
400 posts
55 upvotes

Pizza Delivery - Tips?

I ordered a pizza online from Pizza Pizza. They already added a $3.00 + tax delivery charge to the pizza's price. When the delivery guy came, I didn't give him tips, since I already paid the delivery charge. He got angry at me.

I would like to know what you would've done. Do you think I should've paid tips when I already paid the delivery charge.
Share:
341 replies
Banned
Sep 2, 2006
5645 posts
2 upvotes
Airbum88 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2007 4:17 am
I ordered a pizza online from Pizza Pizza. They already added a $3.00 + tax delivery charge to the pizza's price. When the delivery guy came, I didn't give him tips, since I already paid the delivery charge. He got angry at me.

I would like to know what you would've done. Do you think I should've paid tips when I already paid the delivery charge.
Yeah, despite what RFD'ers say, most people tip the pizzaman.

$2-$5 should be fair.

Just be happy he didn't spit in your pizza.
ItemFinder wrote:
Apr 13th, 2008 11:45 pm
Let me point out that the only people that like China are the mainlanders. Chinese from elsewhere refuse to be associated with China.
I always knew you were a genius.
Banned
Dec 19, 2007
149 posts
tonto
Wisemen say, forgiveness is divine. But never pay full price for late pizza.

:cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6287 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
That $3 fee though isn't a tip. It's just Pizza Pizza making more money. I highly doubt that the delivery guy is going to get anything from that.

I'd still tip the guy, as it's pretty much expected to.
[OP]
Sep 18, 2004
400 posts
55 upvotes
Well if the $3 only goes into Pizza Pizza's pockets, it means they are an ass and not me.

I'd never understand why people pay tips to get a haircut as well. When you pay the listed price, you pay for the haircut. What's the tips for?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
9866 posts
577 upvotes
Calgary
kuqdew wrote:
Dec 27th, 2007 4:19 am
Yeah, despite what RFD'ers say, most people tip the pizzaman.

$2-$5 should be fair.

Just be happy he didn't spit in your pizza.
2-5? you mad, 2 tops is enough, 2.50 at most
RFD Users who tell it like it is and aren't sheltered by society's wet blanket:
Syne, a-tree, Shaner, Peckerwood, Anonymouse, Cas77, arisk
arisk wrote:
Oct 15th, 2011 7:45 pm
Banning proper use in a forum such as this simply perpetuates the problem by reinforcing the perspective that all uses of a word are negative.
KorruptioN wrote:
Oct 29th, 2010 9:11 pm
She must be better than all of us real men, at any cost. Feel like talking down to people who don't fit in her narrow-minded demographic? She's got it in spades.
Banned
Sep 2, 2006
5645 posts
2 upvotes
I used to work as cashier and I really appreciated tips and nice greetings and a "thank you"
ItemFinder wrote:
Apr 13th, 2008 11:45 pm
Let me point out that the only people that like China are the mainlanders. Chinese from elsewhere refuse to be associated with China.
I always knew you were a genius.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
26834 posts
405 upvotes
Ottawa
Carnage wrote:
Dec 27th, 2007 4:28 am
That $3 fee though isn't a tip. It's just Pizza Pizza making more money. I highly doubt that the delivery guy is going to get anything from that.

I'd still tip the guy, as it's pretty much expected to.
I've wondered about this myself. I NEVER do delivery. 2for1 is 5mins from my house.
●unlim CDN air&msging●unlim Global SMS●CD/VM●6Gb●$50
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
18573 posts
501 upvotes
Montreal
Make sure you tip the pizza delivery man, otherwise next time he delivers, he'll deliver complimentary dipping sauce on your pizza :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6287 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
Airbum88 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2007 4:34 am
Well if the $3 only goes into Pizza Pizza's pockets, it means they are an ass and not me.

I'd never understand why people pay tips to get a haircut as well. When you pay the listed price, you pay for the haircut. What's the tips for?
Yeah, you get screwed on the deal no doubt about it. Just a matter if you feel nice enough to give the delivery guy some extra money.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15588 posts
508 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Unwritten rule, you have to tip the pizza guy.
PC IS MASTER RACE!
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)
VAPE NATION \//\
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15168 posts
758 upvotes
Woodbridge
Some people aren't cheap.

Some even tip on take-out's, "handing the bad." ;) LOL

When I do order, especially in Winter I tip $3+
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
[OP]
Sep 18, 2004
400 posts
55 upvotes
Carnage wrote:
Dec 27th, 2007 4:38 am
Yeah, you get screwed on the deal no doubt about it. Just a matter if you feel nice enough to give the delivery guy some extra money.
To me, it's not a matter or being nice. It's a matter of principle. If I paid the delivery charge, it doesn't make sense to pay tips.

If there was no compulsory delivery charge, I would pay him tips, no problem.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
18573 posts
501 upvotes
Montreal
Airbum88 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2007 4:40 am
To me, it's not a matter or being nice. It's a matter of principle. If I paid the delivery charge, it doesn't make sense to pay tips.

If there was no compulsory delivery charge, I would pay him tips, no problem.
It's not his fault his employer tries to rip people off with an additional 'delivery charge'
[OP]
Sep 18, 2004
400 posts
55 upvotes
So ur implying it's my fault that his employer is a jerk?
× < >