• May 14th, 2019 7:22 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14292 posts
2580 upvotes
Toronto
thelasthunter wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 3:08 am
If they want to compete in the current market, they need to make this at least once a week. Pizzanova is good but way overpriced, and their quality still does vary a bit by location. That's why I've been digging the regular Dominos coupons, so I can get a loaded pan pizza for around $10 bucks.
Pizza Nova has been over priced since the beginning of time and they are still in business.
They have a unique taste that many keep wanting...
(I think it's their pizza sauce?)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
6637 posts
2470 upvotes
Toronto
It’s called Pi day not slice day, should’ve given at least a small for that price.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1225 posts
1037 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 3:15 am
Pizza Nova has been over priced since the beginning of time and they are still in business.
They have a unique taste that many keep wanting...
(I think it's their pizza sauce?)
Yeah, everyone knows it's the sauce. There is some acidity and subtle sweetness to it and it tastes more real than others. However, it is overpriced and too oftenthe cooks don't do justice to it, like not putting in enough ingredients or slightly burning it. All I know is I've switched from Pizza Nova awhile back due to the uncompetitive pricing and ultimately a so-so pizza.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9121 posts
430 upvotes
Mississauga
When is 4.99 Medium Day?
RFD 36-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
2782 posts
1181 upvotes
Mississauga
Meh lukewarm.
I love RFD! :)
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
17936 posts
16001 upvotes
Toronto
XxXSnake23XxX wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 11:53 am
When is 4.99 Medium Day?
typically sometime in May

https://pizzanova.com/community/thats-amore/

Q - In May, but will they keep that price?

A - Hoping so but wouldn't surprise me if it climbs up to $5.39 or $5.99
Last edited by sprung on Mar 12th, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4630 posts
662 upvotes
I believe some of the fancier slices at Nova cost $5.xx so you'd be saving $2. Its fine if you're someone who regularly buys Nova slices anyway

I do think Nova is probably the best tasting for "reasonably priced big chain pizza". They certainly cost more than Pizza Pizza, but IMO its far better than Pizza Pizza. Usually get large 1 topping pickup special for $11 + tax, good for 3 people (YMMV, we eat less than most Cdns)
I am a Koodo customer
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4630 posts
662 upvotes
sprung wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 12:30 pm
typically sometime in May

https://pizzanova.com/community/thats-amore/

Q - In May, but will they keep that price?

A - Hoping so but wouldn't surprise me if it climbs up to $5.39 or $5.99
$4.39 was the 2018 price, they have never made a big price increase for this event, so I highly doubt it would jump to $5.99. Probably $4.99 at the most for 2019
I am a Koodo customer
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
1977 posts
32 upvotes
$3.14 for a slice? Is this some kinda joke? Places have walk-in special like $5.99 for a medium!
Deal Addict
May 12, 2007
1159 posts
347 upvotes
Strafe1 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 5:57 pm
Thanks OP, though $3.14 for just a slice isn't much of a deal these days as slices have been shrinking more and more over the years.

Now back in the years when places like Pizza Pizza, etc. used to have a real "big" slice, that would be a different case.
Or when big slice on Yonge actually had massive slices ? I remember my dad would take us there after a round of arcades at Fun Land and they would serve each Pizza on two of those standard white paper plates

They were huge.
Aug 5, 2012
587 posts
336 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
thelasthunter wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 11:47 am
Yeah, everyone knows it's the sauce. There is some acidity and subtle sweetness to it and it tastes more real than others. However, it is overpriced and too oftenthe cooks don't do justice to it, like not putting in enough ingredients or slightly burning it. All I know is I've switched from Pizza Nova awhile back due to the uncompetitive pricing and ultimately a so-so pizza.
Pizzanova also uses top grade cheese which is better than the other pizza establishments. So they wouldn't be able to lower their prices than a limit.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." Plato
Aug 15, 2007
522 posts
54 upvotes
Hot! Thanks OP.

I used to work at Pizza Nova (Brampton location). Specialty slices are $5 plus tax (this is before the $15 minimum wage hike). The medium $5 pizza (cheese or pepperoni) they have each year is also hot but it you really do the math (I know because I worked at many different brand pizza restaurants), two slices is equal is size to a medium pizza. So essentially two meat supreme's or chicken pesto slices is equal to a medium meat supreme or chicken pesto whole pizza. You're not going to find a medium meat supreme or chicken pesto for $6.28 plus tax from any sale or special price at Pizza Nova, you're essentially paying $1.29 over the yearly $5 medium special for 3 extra topping. Pizza Nova uses top grade cheese, it's blended with a more expensive cheese so it's not pure mozzarella. Also their meat toppings and cheese toppings (feta, goat, parmesan) are all top quality, veggies are the same as any other pizza restaurants. Just make sure you avoid the 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm old slices time and dinner is mostly prepared at 5 pm so anything after 8pm is usually old slices unless the place is always busy with slices. JFYI, I was a pizza cook...

Deal is hot!
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
2613 posts
963 upvotes
Toronto
Nemix77 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 11:40 am
two slices is equal is size to a medium pizza.
Really? Does anyone else agree, or disagree?