Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8532 upvotes
GTHA

[Pizza Pizza] Cauliflower Crust pizza sample free 5pm-8pm Friday, July 27th

pizzapizza.png

Pizza Pizza brings cauliflower-based pizza crust to menu
https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/p ... 94181.html
The new crust has a similar texture to regular Pizza Pizza pizza crust and contains two servings of vegetables in every 12" pizza, with real cauliflower as the main ingredient. Pizza Pizza's Cauliflower Crust is available in medium size and can either be ordered custom or in one of the two new, specially crafted recipes, including:

- Cauli Pesto: Pesto sauce base, mozzarella cheese, grilled chicken, roasted red peppers, spinach and italiano blend seasoning.

- Cauli Blanca: Olive oil base, mozzarella cheese, artichokes, grilled zucchini, roasted garlic, parmesan cheese and italiano blend seasoning.

The crust is a source of fibre and iron, and is gluten-free and vegan.
38 replies
Sep 29, 2009
139 posts
27 upvotes
I make this type of pizza at home from time to time. Considering how much work it is, I wonder how much more they'd be charging (since gluten-free already costs a lot more). Pizza Pizza already tastes like wet cardboard anyways, so I couldn't see this hurting the flavour any more.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12987 posts
24186 upvotes
Scarborough
lifesabeach wrote: I make this type of pizza at home from time to time. Considering how much work it is, I wonder how much more they'd be charging (since gluten-free already costs a lot more). Pizza Pizza already tastes like wet cardboard anyways, so I couldn't see this hurting the flavour any more.
Not sure if pricing is location specific or not but this is what I'm seeing.

Screenshot 2018-07-27 13.14.11.png
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
2930 posts
292 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm interested in trying this, as I am (supposed to be) on a Keto diet.
Aug 29, 2009
607 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
input wrote: I'm interested in trying this, as I am (supposed to be) on a Keto diet.
Still at least 16g carbs per medium slice, (including the 2g of fibre) you're much better off making fathead crust.
Nov 25, 2015
261 posts
176 upvotes
York, ON
This crust is not 100% cauliflower like most would make at home - use to make it when I was on Keto a year back.

This has a ton of added stuff into it including potato starch and rice flour. According to the nutrition info on their site a serving of the cauliflower crust and the regular crust have pretty much the same amount of carbs and fibre which In all reality should not be the case.

It maybe cauliflower crust but who knows how much % of cauliflower is actually in each pie.
Nov 25, 2015
261 posts
176 upvotes
York, ON
jack1984 wrote: Still at least 16g carbs per medium slice, (including the 2g of fibre) you're much better off making fathead crust.
Not worth it. The ingredients lists potato starch as rice flour. Better off eating a regular pizza.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9596 posts
3010 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
So is this a slice or full pizza?
Apr 20, 2009
920 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto
Andro wrote: So is this a slice or full pizza?
Are you serious? lol

It's probably less than a typical slice. It's a SAMPLE... sheesh.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8995 posts
3294 upvotes
Toronto
x-large sample just for you.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9596 posts
3010 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
drew4008 wrote: Are you serious? lol

It's probably less than a typical slice. It's a SAMPLE... sheesh.
ShoNuff2 wrote: x-large sample just for you.
It wasn't specified, other than word sample. I am a redflagger, so I expected full pizza. Either way, I'll skip it, not worth my time)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1652 upvotes
It's a full pizza + drink + bag of chips. An entire combo.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12695 posts
2798 upvotes
Markham
Was hoping it would be keto-friendly....guess there is a ton of crap added to the cauli though
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13727 posts
1915 upvotes
Mississauga
RolandCouch wrote: Was hoping it would be keto-friendly....guess there is a ton of crap added to the cauli though
I did keto for 2 years. Loved the ketone high in the beginning, then it normalized. Now do paleo + potatoes + rice etc and have shreded more fat than ever. CICO. Often times, I was eating more calories due to fat intake (even though I was not chugging down fat like some ketoers do)
Temp. Banned
Jul 23, 2007
2419 posts
1189 upvotes
Vancouver
The store has all you can eat sample for all pizza
Go have some fun