[Pizza Pizza] GC Ebates 18% Cash Back

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2018 10:42 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1493 upvotes
Montreal
earthpetal wrote: Costco “regular sales” 20% off on the gift cards , I don’t like their pizza though
I have never seen this :S
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6624 posts
1468 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
maxme09 wrote: you buy costco cash cards and you can shop at Costco using those, you dont need membership for that.
Exactly!
Dec 27, 2005
543 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto, ON
newt_101 wrote: Exactly!

never knew that!
why even keep a membership then? so I go in and buy cash cards?
Oct 22, 2012
374 posts
569 upvotes
Better than getting 18% cash back is not paying it in the first place. These Pizza Pizza gift cards are a frequent sale item (at 20% off) at retailers like Rexall and Shoppers Drug Mart (the most recent was Feb 9-15 at Rexall). Not dissing this deal, but unless you're in a hurry, it's probably better to buy the gift cards at Costco or wait a few weeks for a 20% off sale and stock up.

If you want to stay up to date on gift card deals, check out @trystee 's excellent thread here:
various-retailers-gift-card-deals-disco ... 8-2161518/
Oct 16, 2010
268 posts
639 upvotes
paf wrote: never knew that!
why even keep a membership then? so I go in and buy cash cards?
You still need someone with a membership to buy you cash cards. A friend/family can just buy you 10x $10 cash cards, so that's 10 trips to costco. At this point you can buy however much you want by using the $10 cash card and topping up the rest of your transaction with a debit card. This trick only works at the front cashiers and does not work at the gas bar.

If they give you trouble when trying to enter the warehouse just say that you're going to the Pharmacy because you don't need a membrship to buy prescriptions.
Dec 25, 2013
934 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto
Rexall had them at 20% off last week or the week before likely you just missed them
Jan 31, 2018
464 posts
354 upvotes
You have to be a Costco member to shop at Costco or jump through a *lot* of hoops.

You can't just buy Costco cash cards, you have to pester a friend who is a Costco member to buy them for you.
Then your money is locked into the cash cards and what if the cash card balance isn't large enough for your current purchase?

Supreme hassle. So yeah, you have to be a Costco member to shop there unless you go to Herculean lengths with the cash card thing.
Considering how much hassle is involved you might as well buy a membership and shop there often enough to recoop the savings.
Oct 8, 2005
124 posts
35 upvotes
Montréal
Costco has restricted cash card use by non-members:

https://www.costco.ca/Costco-Cash-Card. ... 84381.html
Non-member use
You do not have to be a Costco member to use a Costco Cash Card, but non-members must register for a one-day shopping pass at the Membership Counter to access the warehouse. Non-members may only be issued a one-day pass twice per calendar year and the one-day pass may not be used as a replacement for a Costco membership.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6624 posts
1468 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Flsp wrote: Costco has restricted cash card use by non-members:

https://www.costco.ca/Costco-Cash-Card. ... 84381.html
Non-member use
You do not have to be a Costco member to use a Costco Cash Card, but non-members must register for a one-day shopping pass at the Membership Counter to access the warehouse. Non-members may only be issued a one-day pass twice per calendar year and the one-day pass may not be used as a replacement for a Costco membership.
Interesting!
Didn't see any news releases on this.
Anyone know when this was implemented, because I know that as of a couple months ago it wasn't an issue at all.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2883 posts
1628 upvotes
Also keep in mind many people don't live anywhere near a Costco, or their local Costco doesn't sell Pizza Pizza gift cards.

The Costco gift card loop hole even made the CBC news I believe.. months ago. Pain in the rump to do that now.
Oct 8, 2005
124 posts
35 upvotes
Montréal
newt_101 wrote: Interesting!
Didn't see any news releases on this.
Anyone know when this was implemented, because I know that as of a couple months ago it wasn't an issue at all.
There was a thread about it on RFD back in July 2016: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco- ... s-2020923/
It might not be applied equally down at store level.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1587 posts
812 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
neverhaveiever wrote: I have never seen this :S
I saw $100 Pizza Pizza gc for $79.95 at Costco quite often, I’m in QC
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1856 posts
493 upvotes
Erumuh wrote: Better than getting 18% cash back is not paying it in the first place. These Pizza Pizza gift cards are a frequent sale item (at 20% off) at retailers like Rexall and Shoppers Drug Mart (the most recent was Feb 9-15 at Rexall). Not dissing this deal, but unless you're in a hurry, it's probably better to buy the gift cards at Costco or wait a few weeks for a 20% off sale and stock up.

If you want to stay up to date on gift card deals, check out @trystee 's excellent thread here:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/various- ... 8-2161518/
Rexall and SDM don't carry Pizza Pizza gift cards here and neither do any of the Costcos in the city, not sure why but I've looked. Ebates is the best/only option in some cases.
May 7, 2012
188 posts
173 upvotes
MARKHAM
The best deal is to use Ebates or GC to get 18% and then use a Giftcard to pay for ur pizza online, stack the mofo to get the most out of your cardboard
Jan 3, 2013
233 posts
77 upvotes
NORTH YORK
costco regualr price is 20% off, 30% off when promotion.. u pay $35 for $50 pizza pizza gift card..