Shopping Discussion

Pizza Pizza. Ready for pickup in 30 mins or it's free ( NOT HONOURED)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2008 8:48 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13461 posts
4619 upvotes
GTA

Pizza Pizza. Ready for pickup in 30 mins or it's free ( NOT HONOURED)

Friday I placed an internet order for pickup. My confirmation said the order will be ready for pickup at 7.33pm or it's free ( 30 mins from order time).

I synched my watch to their time, not expecting anything, just a habit.

I entered the store at 7.31pm and was immediately asked for the last 4 digits of my phone number. My order was two pizzas and an order of shrimp. One girl pulled the pizzas from the heater bag, while the other girl told me the total was $25 or so. I gave her the money and she gave me my receipt.

The other girl then ran off once she realised the shrimp weren't there. I waited a few minutes while she literally finished cooking them. She boxed them up quickly and brought them over. I asked her the time and she looked on the til and said 7.35. I told her that it was not ready in 30 mins like promised. She offered to give me a dollar back ( which was the cost of the shrimp). I showed her the receipt, which stated "ORDER READY AT 7.33PM OR IT'S FREE". She, and later the manager, refused to budge on their $1 offer.

I don't care about the money, it's more about principal.

Do you think if I called Pizza Pizza customer service I'd get anywhere?

Have you experienced anything like this before?

Any tips?
69 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
Hugh Jass wrote: Friday I placed an internet order for pickup. My confirmation said the order will be ready for pickup at 7.33pm or it's free ( 30 mins from order time).

I entered the store at 7.31pm and was immediately asked for the last 4 digits of my phone number. My order was two pizzas and an order of shrimp. One girl pulled the pizzas from the heater bag, while the other girl told me the total was $25 or so. I gave her the money and she gave me my receipt.

The other girl then ran off once she realised the shrimp weren't there. I waited a few minutes while she literally finished cooking them. She boxed them up quickly and brought them over. I asked her the time and she looked on the til and said 7.35. I told her that it was not ready in 30 mins like promised. She offered to give me a dollar back ( which was the cost of the shrimp). I showed her the receipt, which stated "ORDER READY AT 7.33PM OR IT'S FREE". She, and later the manager, refused to budge on their $1 offer.

Any tips?
Call customer service...
They will probably offer you a free pizza or something like that to condensate for what happened. It doesn't hurt to try... just dont be a jerk on the phone
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
1185 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
Hugh Jass wrote: Do you think if I called Pizza Pizza customer service I'd get anywhere?
Yes you would. I went once to a PP and it was closed(my lunch time)--should have been open as stated by sign. I called PP and complained. They sent me a letter of apology and some coupons.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2741 posts
39 upvotes
toronto
[QUOTE]just dont be a jerk on the phone[/QUOTE]
yup.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2005
2612 posts
59 upvotes
dis thread reminds me of the job that peter parker had in spider man 2, lolx
May 10, 2008
309 posts
7 upvotes
Brampton
I hate the policy and by the fact, that stores have to follow it... I know its their policy but when its busy, its almost impossible to complete orders on time. Just my 2 cents...think about it, If you worked at a place and they had stupid policies, you would suffer. Anyways, If you call the head office, you would definately be offered something.

Ansh
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13461 posts
4619 upvotes
GTA
Chr1s wrote: Tip: Learn how to complain to Head Office when you can't get anywhere with 'Manager' levels at the store. Don't waste too much time and frustration with them.
I agree. I didn't get into a showdown with them for that reason. At that point there was no way they were changing their decision.

If HO does nothing, I'll simply make the same order and not pick it up. When they call I'll just explain, lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
2732 posts
1 upvote
Hugh Jass wrote: Friday I placed an internet order for pickup. My confirmation said the order will be ready for pickup at 7.33pm or it's free ( 30 mins from order time).

Any tips?
absolutely.. call head office and make as big a deal of this as possible. the worst they can say is no. you order was not ready as promised.
Oct 2, 2007
342 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
I wouldn't order from the same place again though.. While they would be stupid to put a hair in the food, they could not wash their hands, drop it on the floor, sneeze on it, etc etc..
Mar 14, 2006
655 posts
28 upvotes
So basically you are complaining because they were 2 minutes late in baking your pizza?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
3593 posts
379 upvotes
Richmond
I think you should be a little reasonable and cut them some slack. 2 minutes isn't a big deal, and the rest of your order was ready, so the free shrimp would've been a reasonable offer.

It wouldn't be wrong for you to complain, but it makes you seem sort of like a jerk (I'm not saying you are, but that's how I felt from reading about the situation).
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
9005 posts
5728 upvotes
M@rk wrote: I think you should be a little reasonable and cut them some slack. 2 minutes isn't a big deal, and the rest of your order was ready, so the free shrimp would've been a reasonable offer.

It wouldn't be wrong for you to complain, but it makes you seem sort of like a jerk (I'm not saying you are, but that's how I felt from reading about the situation).
It is not when they guarantee 15-20min .. However, waiting for half an hour and then on top of that being late too is not cool if you ask me!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2008
6858 posts
220 upvotes
Ontario
http://www.pizzapizza.ca/guarantee.htm

"Pizza Pizza reserves the right to remove any of the guarantees at any time and for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion including, but not limited to, inclement weather, technical problems or restaurant related issues..."

The company wins.
Time guarantee is for marketing purposes.
Sorry, them just the facts.
Jan 8, 2008
491 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
This happened to me one time.Called into Pizzapizza for pick up order was told it will be ready in 30 mins was also given a time as well. And they specifically told me it was free. I got the person who i was talking to name and id #. I got in the store and guess what my order wasn't ready yet. They were too busy making instore orders. I waited passed my expired time and didnt say anything until 15 mins passed after the expired time my food was ready. I was calm about it and the cashier told me the total.I was excxuse me it's over at least 45 mins and my order should be free should it not?

Manager immidiately bursted and told me they were very busy and couldn't honor it. I was like well you should've posted a sign that says so or at least tell customers before entering the store about it. But no you make us wait and wait. I immidately called customer service got the person who took my order and handed him over to the manager. After them sort of arguing over the phone the order was given to me free. That wasn't it tho i called in pizza pizza i read on the receipt where it says if you were satisfied with service or not to call in. I called in and told them the service was awful which was and they credited me $10. I told them to keep the $10 as i will not be purchasing Pizza Pizza ever again and will tell all about it!!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 17, 2006
5309 posts
275 upvotes
iceprince wrote: This happened to me one time.Called into Pizzapizza for pick up order was told it will be ready in 30 mins was also given a time as well. And they specifically told me it was free. I got the person who i was talking to name and id #. I got in the store and guess what my order wasn't ready yet. They were too busy making instore orders. I waited passed my expired time and didnt say anything until 15 mins passed after the expired time my food was ready. I was calm about it and the cashier told me the total.I was excxuse me it's over at least 45 mins and my order should be free should it not?

Manager immidiately bursted and told me they were very busy and couldn't honor it. I was like well you should've posted a sign that says so or at least tell customers before entering the store about it. But no you make us wait and wait. I immidately called customer service got the person who took my order and handed him over to the manager. After them sort of arguing over the phone the order was given to me free. That wasn't it tho i called in pizza pizza i read on the receipt where it says if you were satisfied with service or not to call in. I called in and told them the service was awful which was and they credited me $10. I told them to keep the $10 as i will not be purchasing Pizza Pizza ever again and will tell all about it!!

in your case..i think it was reasonable....as in you should entitle to the free pizza...15 minutes?!? i once waited over an hour because for some reason the order was delivered to a non-exist address in Georgetown whereas I was in Toronto.....wtf?!?!

but for op...they gave them the pizza on time but just not the shrimp which was only 2 minutes late...which they did honour to give the shrimp for free...op...i think you should just move on....
;)
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
16073 posts
910 upvotes
Stouffville
i remember one time like 2 years ago.. i ordered for pick up like 2 pizzas and some chicken tenders/nuggets and they said 20 min for its free.. probably shoulda been 30.. but anyway.. i get to the store after 25 minutes.. and i ask for my order and they never even heard of it... the phone ppl never gave it to them or some ****.. so then i had to reorder everything and then that took another 25-30 total.. so it was basically an hour after i ordered that i got my order.. with 35 minutes waiting at pizza pizza.. i called customer service while this happened.. talked to them while they were making my order... customer service called the store directly telling them to give me my whole meal free.. and customer service also put on my account a 25 dollar credit as well... so basically i got 2 meals free... so that worked out good... except that the my family didnt get to eat as they had to be somewhere and were already gone when i brought the food home (40 minutes late)...
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1868 posts
174 upvotes
Southern ontario
I once got a pile of pizzas for free for a party. had ordered 10 party size pizzas for delivery. after 45 mins of no show, i called again. the store thought it was a prank call since it was loud noises at the background. got those 10 pizzas for free - so the prank was on them if they thought it was a fake pizza order.
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
206 upvotes
tsehou wrote: So basically you are complaining because they were 2 minutes late in baking your pizza?

No, they made the pizza's but forgot the shrimp. I'm sure the gilr who was working there (probably a highschool or post secondary school student) was busy enough taking calls, preparing pizzas, getting delivery done, that now she had to worry about this, lol.

Eitherway, the way the rule works is when the pizza is late being made you are supposed to call pizza pizza at that time and tell them it's not ready. At that point they call the store location & find out why it's like that, and then they will tell the store to waive the fee.
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
206 upvotes
As well, the only time i've ever gotten free pizza's was from Dominos. It took them 4 hours (LOL) to deliver our pizzas. by that time we had already gotten new food & completely forgot about it.. the guy showed up & said "total is $57whatever" and i said "haha, keep it, we ordered it 4 hours ago. He called back the store and the store told him not to even take money as those are complimentary.

But the good thing about it is, they must have made a note about us on their system. Anytime i order from dominos now it comes very quickly, super fresh & the people are extra nice to me
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
206 upvotes
Chr1s wrote: :lol: I can just see the showdown now.. do you feel lucky punk? Well, do yah?!? Nostrils flaring, and blood pressure rising. :twisted:

^^^ Try showing up 2 minutes late to a job interview. It IS a big deal. *Some* people are very punctual and expect the same. No excuses allowed.

Besides, in this case, it's part of why buying from pizza pizza is better than the competition. 30 minutes or it's free.

Your post reminds me of Will Ferrell's character in the movie Semi-Pro where he tries to sabatoge his own team from scoring 125, because if they do, everyone in the audience gets free corn dogs. That was the 'promotion', and he tries to reneg on it, by keeping the score at 124. :p :lol: :twisted:

OP is far from seeming like a jerk, IMO.
I don't think he's a jerk just taking it way too the extreme. I kind of compare it to being in the 12 items or less line at the grocery store, and picking up a pack of gum as item #13 and the cashier says to you "i'm sorry 13 items, please go to the regular line"

lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)