Shopping Discussion

Pizza Pizza. Ready for pickup in 30 mins or it's free ( NOT HONOURED)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2008 8:48 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 26, 2003
15801 posts
685 upvotes
Stouffville
i remember one time like 2 years ago.. i ordered for pick up like 2 pizzas and some chicken tenders/nuggets and they said 20 min for its free.. probably shoulda been 30.. but anyway.. i get to the store after 25 minutes.. and i ask for my order and they never even heard of it... the phone ppl never gave it to them or some ****.. so then i had to reorder everything and then that took another 25-30 total.. so it was basically an hour after i ordered that i got my order.. with 35 minutes waiting at pizza pizza.. i called customer service while this happened.. talked to them while they were making my order... customer service called the store directly telling them to give me my whole meal free.. and customer service also put on my account a 25 dollar credit as well... so basically i got 2 meals free... so that worked out good... except that the my family didnt get to eat as they had to be somewhere and were already gone when i brought the food home (40 minutes late)...
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1799 posts
117 upvotes
Southern ontario
I once got a pile of pizzas for free for a party. had ordered 10 party size pizzas for delivery. after 45 mins of no show, i called again. the store thought it was a prank call since it was loud noises at the background. got those 10 pizzas for free - so the prank was on them if they thought it was a fake pizza order.
Banned
User avatar
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
204 upvotes
tsehou wrote:
Sep 8th, 2008 1:44 am
So basically you are complaining because they were 2 minutes late in baking your pizza?

No, they made the pizza's but forgot the shrimp. I'm sure the gilr who was working there (probably a highschool or post secondary school student) was busy enough taking calls, preparing pizzas, getting delivery done, that now she had to worry about this, lol.



Eitherway, the way the rule works is when the pizza is late being made you are supposed to call pizza pizza at that time and tell them it's not ready. At that point they call the store location & find out why it's like that, and then they will tell the store to waive the fee.
Banned
User avatar
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
204 upvotes
As well, the only time i've ever gotten free pizza's was from Dominos. It took them 4 hours (LOL) to deliver our pizzas. by that time we had already gotten new food & completely forgot about it.. the guy showed up & said "total is $57whatever" and i said "haha, keep it, we ordered it 4 hours ago. He called back the store and the store told him not to even take money as those are complimentary.


But the good thing about it is, they must have made a note about us on their system. Anytime i order from dominos now it comes very quickly, super fresh & the people are extra nice to me
Banned
User avatar
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
204 upvotes
Chr1s wrote:
Sep 8th, 2008 2:25 am
:lol: I can just see the showdown now.. do you feel lucky punk? Well, do yah?!? Nostrils flaring, and blood pressure rising. :twisted:



^^^ Try showing up 2 minutes late to a job interview. It IS a big deal. *Some* people are very punctual and expect the same. No excuses allowed.

Besides, in this case, it's part of why buying from pizza pizza is better than the competition. 30 minutes or it's free.

Your post reminds me of Will Ferrell's character in the movie Semi-Pro where he tries to sabatoge his own team from scoring 125, because if they do, everyone in the audience gets free corn dogs. That was the 'promotion', and he tries to reneg on it, by keeping the score at 124. :p :lol: :twisted:

OP is far from seeming like a jerk, IMO.
I don't think he's a jerk just taking it way too the extreme. I kind of compare it to being in the 12 items or less line at the grocery store, and picking up a pack of gum as item #13 and the cashier says to you "i'm sorry 13 items, please go to the regular line"

lol
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 26, 2003
15801 posts
685 upvotes
Stouffville
i just remembered another thing that happened at pizza pizza now to think of it..

one time we ordered 2 larges.. 1 of them had BBQ sauce isntead of tomato sauce..

the pizza's took like 1 hr and 25 min to come (not sure what delivey guaratee is now adays.. 40 minutes i think) and it came.. was cold.. and they messed up the sauces (my bbq sauce was underneath my friends pizza and vice versa) called them.. waited on the phone for like 20 min by the time i got thru and they ended up saiyng .. "oh, we will send u out 2 new pizzas".. but this time.. it was already like 1am when we shoulda got our pizza's at 11pm.. and i was like.. yo f that.. i dont want more pizza's now, this is bs... so i told her that it was 4 of us waiting for the pizzas.. and so she gave me a credit of 100 dollars (4 ppl x 25 dollars each... enuff for 2 pizzas for each of us..even tho we only ordered 2 for the 4 of us total lol)... so sometimes you can get some good stuff out of them if they r slow and mess up ur orders badly..

but i still love pizza pizza :)
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
3977 posts
449 upvotes
T.O.
ansh12 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2008 6:13 pm
I hate the policy and by the fact, that stores have to follow it... I know its their policy but when its busy, its almost impossible to complete orders on time. Just my 2 cents...think about it, If you worked at a place and they had stupid policies, you would suffer. Anyways, If you call the head office, you would definately be offered something.

Ansh
The only reason Pizza Pizza got so large in Ontario is because of this policy. Their mission was to deliver pizza quickly and with fresh ingredients while still being warm when delivered. Otherwise it would be free. They started this "FREE" trend, and got HUGE because of it. Therefore no1 is suffering, it actually makes them money in the end. One free pizza here and there is nothing compared to the 5$ smaller-than-squares slices at ball games, wonderland, and off ramps is where the $$$ is at!

Although I believe this policy helps the company alot, the many times orders were late, I have never used this policy against them.. Would feel wrong, but if you don't care... FREE IT IS
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 13, 2007
827 posts
8 upvotes
M@rk wrote:
Sep 8th, 2008 1:52 am
I think you should be a little reasonable and cut them some slack. 2 minutes isn't a big deal, and the rest of your order was ready, so the free shrimp would've been a reasonable offer.

It wouldn't be wrong for you to complain, but it makes you seem sort of like a jerk (I'm not saying you are, but that's how I felt from reading about the situation).
i disagree. what advantage was it to him that the rest of the order was ready? did he have a slice while waiting for the shrimp? if anything, it would be a worse situation. id rather everything be ready at the same time as oppose to his pizza getting cold while waiting for shrimp.

if pizza pizza wants to one-up the competition by having a time guarantee, then they should be held to it. there is nothing wrong with expecting them to live up to their promises
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
19047 posts
1504 upvotes
Traian2003 wrote:
Sep 9th, 2008 12:43 pm
The only reason Pizza Pizza got so large in Ontario is because of this policy. Their mission was to deliver pizza quickly and with fresh ingredients while still being warm when delivered. Otherwise it would be free. They started this "FREE" trend....
FYI Pizza Pizza did not invent 30 minutes or it's free. Domino's started it long before in the US. Pizza Pizza has just copied and kept with it while most other chains dropped it. Pizza Hut was 30 minutes or free at one time as well. No more...
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Member
May 11, 2005
227 posts
molala wrote:
Sep 8th, 2008 11:37 pm
in your case..i think it was reasonable....as in you should entitle to the free pizza...15 minutes?!? i once waited over an hour because for some reason the order was delivered to a non-exist address in Georgetown whereas I was in Toronto.....wtf?!?!
This reminds me of when I ordered from Amato Pizza in Toronto. There was no time guarantee, but after waiting about an hour I called them to find out what happened to my pizza. I was told that they canceled my order because they don't deliver to my area.

As it turned out, Amato Pizza actually did deliver to my area. Apparently, I was supposed to call my nearest location directly and not use their main ordering number. Strange.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 15, 2005
7270 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
Chr1s wrote:
Sep 8th, 2008 2:25 am
^^^ Try showing up 2 minutes late to a job interview. It IS a big deal. *Some* people are very punctual and expect the same. No excuses allowed.
I don't think you can compare 2 minutes of waitin for pizza to something as big as a job interview.

Not to say you shouldnt try to complain to hq, but they may just send you the same generic coupons i get in my mail ever so often.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
3304 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
i think you should have gotten the pizza for free, dont post the sign if you are not going to honour it. if they had made your pizza 2minutes early, this would not have happened. don't make promises if you cannot fulfil them.
...
Deal Guru
User avatar
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2022 upvotes
Nowhere
They used to tell you at the time of the order if the policy was not in effect ie if it was too busy or the weather was bad.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2488 posts
91 upvotes
I think the only reason why Pizza Pizza is big is because of their store hours. What is open at 1 AM or later if you want some Pizza? Pizza Pizza.
Personally during the day, I only order from Dominos or Pizza Hut, I stay FAR away from Pizza Pizza.

Top