Shopping Discussion

Pizza Pizza. Ready for pickup in 30 mins or it's free ( NOT HONOURED)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2008 8:48 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2717 posts
50 upvotes
tsehou wrote:
Sep 8th, 2008 1:44 am
So basically you are complaining because they were 2 minutes late in baking your pizza?
Not even, it was because they forgot one part of the order in an honest mistake, which they seemingly quickly corrected. I understand about the principle, but I don't think I would embarrass myself by arguing this one.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2717 posts
50 upvotes
danman227460 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2008 12:25 am
I think the only reason why Pizza Pizza is big is because of their store hours. What is open at 1 AM or later if you want some Pizza? Pizza Pizza.
Personally during the day, I only order from Dominos or Pizza Hut, I stay FAR away from Pizza Pizza.
It's true. That or people just don't know better. Their pizza sucks.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
49 upvotes
I actually had a few issues with Pizza Pizza.
Complained to head office as I used to order the apple turnovers and would place my order, was told it would be 5 minutes and I'd come back 10 minutes later from other stores in the shopping plaza and my food was never made.
Happened 3 or 4 times- very annoying!

It was also not at a busy time, so they should have been more organized.
Ended up getting a few free slice coupons.

Also same location would not let me use the gift card I had just bought. Was telling me you need to register it first.
Turns out they were wrong and you can use your GC without registering, you just don't get the free slice then.

Now when I go to that one location they are always very polite :lol:

just remembered last time I ate at Pizza Pizza ordered a square slice and they had no pepperoni ones left. Asked if i could get pepperoni on the cheese slice and did, they put it in the oven and when i went to eat it it was really gross.
Undercooked pepperoni, was just yuck and not crispy looking.
I'm sticking to the veg pizzas for now.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2008
1520 posts
14 upvotes
this is a joke, just like future shops and bestbuy price match policy, they always have some kind of excuse or something in the policy to save their ass.
Nov 26, 2007
766 posts
174 upvotes
London
chrza wrote:
Sep 10th, 2008 12:47 am
Not even, it was because they forgot one part of the order in an honest mistake, which they seemingly quickly corrected. I understand about the principle, but I don't think I would embarrass myself by arguing this one.
+1

considering you weren't even in the store for 5 minutes, I don't see why people are making a big deal out of this. Eat your pizza and move on.
Jul 6, 2007
553 posts
62 upvotes
I used to Manage Panago Pizza They basically give free pizza to anyone who make complaints..... these Pizza Pizza Its Nothing afterall all Pizza Pizza is Franchaised so Pizza Pizza wont loose a penny....
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11292 posts
2687 upvotes
GTA
I outlined what happened with one of their 'make a comment' forms on their site over a week ago and never heard back. Either they haven't read it or they're choosing to ignore it.

I don't think I'll bother chasing it anymore.

But in future I'll be a little wiser than to give my money over before I get the food.
Dec 25, 2007
826 posts
174 upvotes
I dont know why these pizza companies have theses time limits...sounds pretty stupid..maybe its to stay in competition with everyone else..? It just sounds like they are asking for trouble..cause then you get angry customers who are impatient and cant wait the extra few mins
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16501 posts
2168 upvotes
I was at a Pizza Pizza once, and some air ambulance paramedic was making a big scene. The paramedic was going on and on about how the screw up was costing him money and that Pizza Pizza should pay him for lunch.

I was thinking to myself "you jack***, you've babbled much longer than the screwup."
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
5032 posts
512 upvotes
zoolander wrote:
Sep 8th, 2008 2:41 am
http://www.pizzapizza.ca/guarantee.htm

"Pizza Pizza reserves the right to remove any of the guarantees at any time and for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion including, but not limited to, inclement weather, technical problems or restaurant related issues..."

The company wins.
Time guarantee is for marketing purposes.
Sorry, them just the facts.

Oh... Fine texts burns all...
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2001
4486 posts
58 upvotes
Calgary
Come to Calgary.

Really though - there are so many other food stores around, and the pizza is so expensive that I don't think they've ever missed it except on something like a poweroutage.

Now - trying to get a gourmet dinner without having to wait 90 minutes is starting to become a lot more difficult. I want my $30 single order of teriyaki uncooked green beans, lol.
A US nickel is worth more than 5 cents.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1159 posts
1 upvote
North of Toronto
Hahaha, funny how I was reading this thread while I ordered Pizza Pizza.
And they were 40 mins late. DING DING DING FREE PIZZA.
It was all luck! and it made my day!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
49 upvotes
TraxApparel wrote:
Dec 18th, 2008 11:33 pm
Hahaha, funny how I was reading this thread while I ordered Pizza Pizza.
And they were 40 mins late. DING DING DING FREE PIZZA.
It was all luck! and it made my day!
Lucky!
I called head office as there was no balance left on a GC I bought even though there should have been $9 left :mad:
Was told they are using bew card scanners and that they would get back to me about my account info.....that was 3 weeks ago.

Pizza pizza also charges $3.25 for delivery- that's just crazy.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2005
1840 posts
77 upvotes
After reading this I have a few comments:

To the OP. I think 3 minutes as being 180 seconds over the limit, I think of 1 second as being over the limit, I don't care what sort of world we live in a limit is a limit.

Secondly, I am sick and tired of company's getting away with **** like this. If you ask me it is false advertising. They are stating that they are providing a service, and including conditions, which you as a consumer buy into cause you know that there is a 'chance' that you might get something for free if they screw up.

Most people, like the OP, wouldn't read the fine print before ordering cause they 'expect' that what the company says is what they state. Nope, this isn't the truth, and they are allowed to get away with this crap all the time, someone mentioned future shop's price match policy which is another great example, they get away with basically anything because they have 'we have the right to change/etc' ...

The same thing goes cell phone company's blatantly abusing the 'unlimited' clause in there data plans, or other plans. They say unlimited but with a (*) beside it, and later define unlimited as 250MB/month. This is ridiculous and is again, according to myself, false advertising. Yes they are being up front and allowing you to read the 'small print' but since unlimited really should mean unlimited, not reserved to 250GB, it's wrong again!

This practice has been going on way to long, and it will only be a matter of time till someone steps up to the plate and decides to challenge these mundane practices.
Nikon D810, 16-35 F4, 70-200 F2.8 VR