Shopping Discussion

Pizza Pizza. Ready for pickup in 30 mins or it's free ( NOT HONOURED)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2008 8:48 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11292 posts
2687 upvotes
GTA
magical wrote:
Dec 19th, 2008 7:26 am

This practice has been going on way to long, and it will only be a matter of time till someone steps up to the plate and decides to challenge these mundane practices.
You sound like you might be the very person upto the job.
May 29, 2008
81 posts
2 upvotes
once when i was 15 i decided to try out the free pizza policy. the delivery guy came 7-10 minutes late. i was so pumped to try and get free pizza, but my parents were telling me just to pay him because its was in a snowstorm. i opened the door and i felt really embarassed telling him he was minutes late. haha. i ended up telling him and he told me somethign about traffic. lol w/e i got really embarrased and just gave him the money...plus tip! i probably shouldnt have given him a tip but i was pretty thrown off balance. i felt sorry for the guy. i heard somewhere that the price of the pizza comes off the delivery dude's paycheck even though it might have been the kitchen's fault. since then my pizza has always been just minutes under the limit :P
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11292 posts
2687 upvotes
GTA
These time limits are usually cancelled during bad weather conditions.

I doubt if the cost of the pizzas come out of the guys paycheque. What if it's a $40+ order? He might work the whole night for nothing. Don't think so.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9087 posts
397 upvotes
Mississauga
I have a little Rant!

#1. No pizza store would take my order yesterday around 7PM! :mad: :mad:
#2. Pizza Pizza Delivery People are sometimes biatches!

Story Time!
One time i ordered a pizza at around 12AM, My dad gave him his credit card number and he went to sleep.
Waited for it to come, DING DONG
I go to the door and pay with my credit card, but the guy wouldn't accept it.

Pizza Guy: Are any of your parents around?
Moi: Well yes, they are sleeping though.
Pizza Guy: I'm sorry sir I can't accept this I need to see the card owner.
Moi: The current card owner is SLEEPING!
Pizza Guy: I'm sorry sir, I can't, Have a good night!

He walks out.
I call back Pizza Pizza and ask nicely why I can't pay with my fathers card.
The lady i talked to said sorry, the guy came back and i got a free pizza!, alittle cold but what evaa! :D
RFD 36-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2007
4599 posts
120 upvotes
I'll have to agree with the delivery driver on that one. It could just as easily have been the case that you had taken the credit card out of your father's wallet and ordered the pizza without him knowing.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3345 posts
1365 upvotes
Ontario
Even though it was a very short period of time. I'm off the mind that if you have to pay full price for a Pizza Pizza pizza, you're paying far too much.

Pizza Hut or Dominos? Really!?

I guess I'm a pizza snob.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Sep 16, 2006
897 posts
178 upvotes
Pickering
I would have just taken the pizza and walked out and said call the cops if you want.
Nov 23, 2007
355 posts
28 upvotes
XxXSnake23XxX wrote:
Dec 20th, 2008 10:03 am
I have a little Rant!

#1. No pizza store would take my order yesterday around 7PM! :mad: :mad:
Dominoes wouldn't deliver to me but pizza pizza took it and go it to me in about 45 minutes or so.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1663 posts
374 upvotes
Montreal
i once ordered a pizza, and i looked at my watch, it was 5mins late.
Should arrive 7:35pm but it was 7:40

driver show up, his watch showed 7:35
i'm like, you dont have the same time as me. Then he said when i ordered, it was the time on his watch. He said his watch has priority over mine. That's just non sense

i just stop arguing, but it seem like these guy back up their time.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11292 posts
2687 upvotes
GTA
BobyYoo wrote:
Dec 21st, 2008 11:43 am
He said his watch has priority over mine. That's just non sense

i just stop arguing, but it seem like these guy back up their time.
They tell you on the phone/online what time the order was placed. Set your watch to be the same. Refuse the pizza if they argue. But when you're hungry you don't care and just want to eat the darn thing :mad:
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3345 posts
1365 upvotes
Ontario
Mistersprinkles wrote:
Dec 20th, 2008 2:21 pm
I would have just taken the pizza and walked out and said call the cops if you want.
Criminal charge for taking pizza.

Good choice!
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Deal Addict
May 4, 2004
1711 posts
6 upvotes
You resolve your problem with Pizza Pizza within the day of order, not with the driver.

[QUOTE]Pizza Pizza Limited
Guarantee Policy

Our mission is to make each and every occasion with us an enjoyable and memorable experience by offering the highest quality fresh products and exemplary service. In the event that we do not get it right, we offer the following guarantees:

Time Guarantee

We promise, subject to the restrictions set out below, that we will be at your door or lobby with your order within the time limit given to you when you place your order. For typical orders the time Guarantee is 40 Minutes, but the guarantee availability and time varies depending on a number of factors. If we are not at your door or lobby within the specified time limit, your order is free (the
--------------

My Heatware - tonychau
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2002
4155 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
the pizza pizza i go to sometimes is late, but I go there often enough to not actually complain. but when there is a problem they usually fix things quickly. Though I did have a bad experience at one location and the thing to do is not bother with the store at all but just call customer service directly, and you can get your order at a different location if you ask.
Banned
May 23, 2006
4535 posts
39 upvotes
Calgary
Deal-lon wrote:
Dec 21st, 2008 2:14 pm
I think the main issue here is: people actually eat Pizza Pizza? :confused:
This is RFD, home of nothing but cheapskates what do you expect lol. Im sure most of the people on this site would eat the box too if it meant they could get their pizza free.

OP, you should be ashamed of yourself...I cant believe I wasted 35 secs of my life reading this crap. Boohoo, wow $1! Call HO over that? pppfff I would tell you to take a hike cheapskate and go flip a couple more burgers at work if you need to make up that loss. Good god, these threads are getting more lame and pathetic as the days go on.
HEAT: :100%
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5446 posts
357 upvotes
Actually, pizza pizza's pizza has improved a lot over the years. Of course, the location counts too. They are the Tim Horton's of pizza. It is not an exaggeration.

Look at the following diagram

Pizza hut, BP > Pizza Pizza > 241, Pizza Nova

Starbucks, Second cup > Tim Hortons > Country Style, Coffee time

:D