[Pizza Pizza] XL 2 toppings pizza $11.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2018 12:45 pm
Sep 2, 2009
496 posts
314 upvotes
Ottawa
Oksijan wrote: - Large or Medium 2 toppings is $8.99
Is there a code for the large? I can do the medium for 8.99 or the XL for 11.99 but not the Large for 8.99.
Jul 19, 2016
151 posts
108 upvotes
Not a deal.. it's basically ongoing.

One topping XL is $9.99, you're basically paying a 20% premium for an extra topping. Additionally if you really wanted to, you could just order the one topping XL and add two toppings instead of one and it comes out to $12.04.. like I said basically an ongoing deal. I order the one topping XL all the time, best bang for buck since they got rid of $5 medium pepperoni
Sep 2, 2009
496 posts
314 upvotes
Ottawa
linksta7 wrote: Not a deal.. it's basically ongoing.

One topping XL is $9.99[...]
I get the one topping XL as well. The L two-topping for 8.99 would have done the trick for today and some snacking later.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12722 posts
2824 upvotes
Markham
I hate that they changed the topping options....now extra cheese, bacon strips etc. are all "premium" and there is an extra charge. So if you were to get say pepp + extra cheese, you pay more than the deal. You can't even get extra cheese only and count as both of your toppings....so stupid.
Jun 15, 2018
16 posts
10 upvotes
Every time I buy it the employee have to inspect my credit card and compare it to the one on file. What's stopping them from memorzing my security code and expiratory date?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
5862 posts
3815 upvotes
Kitchener
Terrible pizza and terrible price. Usually buy XL pepperoni for $7.99.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12452 posts
2950 upvotes
RFD
RolandCouch wrote: I hate that they changed the topping options....now extra cheese, bacon strips etc. are all "premium" and there is an extra charge. So if you were to get say pepp + extra cheese, you pay more than the deal. You can't even get extra cheese only and count as both of your toppings....so stupid.
Also I used to swap the sauce for the free bruschetta option, Pizza Pizza removed that completely now.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12452 posts
2950 upvotes
RFD
GoodEnding wrote: Every time I buy it the employee have to inspect my credit card and compare it to the one on file. What's stopping them from memorzing my security code and expiratory date?
Seems really strange. I'd call HQ and see if that is warranted. Rather just say no or else I'll call HQ on you. Security is no joke.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12722 posts
2824 upvotes
Markham
radeonboy wrote: Also I used to swap the sauce for the free bruschetta option, Pizza Pizza removed that completely now.
Little things like that have made me go there less and less. I remember I used to get the 3 topping special once in a while. Now 2 of the toppings I used to get on the special cost extra and I don't even have the option to get 1 of them and use up 2 of my toppings on it. So lame. Pretty soon I'll just join the group of Pizza Pizza bashers on RFD (cardboard club)
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12452 posts
2950 upvotes
RFD
RolandCouch wrote: Little things like that have made me go there less and less. I remember I used to get the 3 topping special once in a while. Now 2 of the toppings I used to get on the special cost extra and I don't even have the option to get 1 of them and use up 2 of my toppings on it. So lame. Pretty soon I'll just join the group of Pizza Pizza bashers on RFD (cardboard club)
I hear you. I've pretty much stopped going to pizza pizza save for some specific promos. Now I end up going to Domino's instead for their Monday 50% promo and couldn't be more happy. Pizza pizza cut too many corners over the years and every little thing adds up. I mean they don't even turn on the hot water in their washrooms.
Jun 15, 2018
16 posts
10 upvotes
radeonboy wrote: Seems really strange. I'd call HQ and see if that is warranted. Rather just say no or else I'll call HQ on you. Security is no joke.
Yeah I'll contact HQ. Also if I said no they won't give you the pizza even if you have paid for it already.

Edit: To clarify this is if you buy online and pick up
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14461 posts
3699 upvotes
Tried Pizza Pizza for the first time a couple weeks ago. They really skimped on the toppings, and any leftovers were rock hard after reheating.

I did like the customizations available but in terms of quality I'll stick with Domino's.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12452 posts
2950 upvotes
RFD
GoodEnding wrote: Yeah I'll contact HQ. Also if I said no they won't give you the pizza even if you have paid for it already.

Edit: To clarify this is if you buy online and pick up
I've purchased online before, was not asked to verify the credit card that was used on the order.
Aug 14, 2017
9 posts
1 upvote
linksta7 wrote: Not a deal.. it's basically ongoing.

One topping XL is $9.99, you're basically paying a 20% premium for an extra topping. Additionally if you really wanted to, you could just order the one topping XL and add two toppings instead of one and it comes out to $12.04.. like I said basically an ongoing deal. I order the one topping XL all the time, best bang for buck since they got rid of $5 medium pepperoni
This is not true. The XL $9.99 is only for one topping you are not allowed to add extra toppings.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17338 posts
5248 upvotes
Toronto
Had Pizza Pizza a few weeks ago and it was terrible. Crust was ok when hot but rock hard after reheating. The sauce was tasteless with no flavor. Not enough toppings either. Better to stick with Dominoes.