Food & Drink

Pizza Pizza's $4.99 medium pepperoni pizza. Hot deal?!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2015 2:59 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1974 posts
216 upvotes
jl001 wrote: If my math is correct, then two medium (6 x 6 x 3.14 x 2) is larger than one XL (8 x 8 x 3.14).
Medium's are definitely 12"? Are the large's 14"?

Isn't the proportion of crust greater on a medium?

(Of course, Pizza Pizza already has overly big crusts (untopped) on all their pizzas.)
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21708 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
leaves wrote: Medium's are definitely 12"? Are the large's 14"?

Isn't the proportion of crust greater on a medium?

(Of course, Pizza Pizza already has overly big crusts (untopped) on all their pizzas.)
So, while it seems, medium x2 = 24 inch, but with a lot of crust. The XL is 16 inch, but maybe with more cheese and more Pepperoni...?
Jun 21, 2005
208 posts
47 upvotes
Mississauga
playnicee1 wrote: That may be the point a few in this thread have tried to make. Why are people buying a Pepperoni slice, chips and pop for $4.99 when a Medium pizza is only $4.99.
The slice might have been sitting all day, while the medium pizza is actually made fresh!
You can build a whole "fresco" pizza with three toppings and a drink and dipping sauce for about 7-8 bucks. Buying a single slice there is the biggest ripoff.
92gsr wrote: You provide them with your business after appying 20 coupons, breaking out the fine print in their price-match policies, printing out price-errors with requests that they honour the erroneous price, and returning 9 out of 10 products you purchased over the year.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21708 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
DDC wrote: You can build a whole "fresco" pizza with three toppings and a drink and dipping sauce for about 7-8 bucks. Buying a single slice there is the biggest ripoff.
Gee you can also buy frozen pizza at the grocery store for an average (regular retail) price of $7.99 (most often on sale for less...)
The best part is, no tax on frozen pizza!! (In Ontario)
Penalty Box
Dec 9, 2008
1083 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
$5 for a fresh pizza is one of the best fast food deals around.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21708 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
rjones416 wrote: $5 for a fresh pizza is one of the best fast food deals around.
Sure, but they should also allow extra toppings for a dollar each. That would be nice. A 3 topping medium pizza for $6.99 would be great!
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21165 upvotes
Toronto
Their pizzas' crust are so hard . Last I had was about 2-3 yrs ago.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21708 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: Their pizzas' crust are so hard . Last I had was about 2-3 yrs ago.
Try another location.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8085 posts
3868 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Try another location.
I think you'd have to try quite a few locations before you get good pizza from Pizza Pizza. Not worth it.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21708 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: I think you'd have to try quite a few locations before you get good pizza from Pizza Pizza. Not worth it.
SERIOUSLY. I've said it before and I will say it again. Go to Bathurst and Bloor. Order a Pizza there. Then go to Spadina and Bloor and order a pizza there.
They may both may read "Pizza Pizza" on their sinage, but one of them clearly shouldn't be allowed to keep that name.
Too many differences between the two Pizza Pizzas. So far, I like the Pizza Pizza @ Spadina and Bloor much better.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8085 posts
3868 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: SERIOUSLY. I've said it before and I will say it again. Go to Bathurst and Bloor. Order a Pizza there. Then go to Spadina and Bloor and order a pizza there.
They may both may read "Pizza Pizza" on their sinage, but one of them clearly shouldn't be allowed to keep that name.
Too many differences between the two Pizza Pizzas. So far, I like the Pizza Pizza @ Spadina and Bloor much better.
Thank you for exactly describing why this chain is not worth going to lol
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21708 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: Thank you for exactly describing why this chain is not worth going to lol
Because they fail to hire employees from within to pose as customers and eat at all the Pizza Pizza locations? (randomly selected ones, at least)
Dec 2, 2008
631 posts
68 upvotes
Belleville
had this on the weekend at the Bellevegas location. Twas yummy. Lots of cheese.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2003
2643 posts
20 upvotes
gotta get it fresh, walk in, don't get the ones on display, its cardboard.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
726 upvotes
pizza pizza has a walk in for a large for around that price. If u don't like their cardboard you can just eat the meat and cheese lol
Banned
Nov 30, 2012
603 posts
190 upvotes
kingfencer wrote: gotta get it fresh, walk in, don't get the ones on display, its cardboard.
+1

The reason why the individual slices tastes like cardboard is because they reheat the slices again and so the "cardboard" taste you get is the burnt bottom of the pizza crust which tastes hard.
Pizza tastes good after it's immediately taken out of the oven not whenit is reheated.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21708 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
timbit2030 wrote: +1
Pizza tastes good after it's immediately taken out of the oven not whenit is reheated.
Nothing wrong with that opinion, in fact, I think it's a good one...except for one minor detail...If I can't eat the whole medium pizza in one sitting, a slice or two the next day actually DOES taste good either cold or reheated in the microwave.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)