Food & Drink

Pizza and Wings in Buffalo/Niagara Falls NY?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2010 12:26 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12205 posts
92 upvotes

Pizza and Wings in Buffalo/Niagara Falls NY?

I usually go to Buzzy's for wings and pizza, when im over the border. But im looking to try out some new places.

Anchor Bar has gone down in quality, and not worth the trip imo. Duff's in Toronto is about the same quality as the ones here.

I might go to Uno's, since i can't find a decent deep dish pizza around here, and have never tried it.

This is the link for Buzzy's in case others would like to go...

http://buzzyspizza.com/

please post any links of WINGS/PIZZA places you frequent. I know that the Cheesecake factory is at Walden and will go there to pick up a frozen cake.
21 replies
Mar 2, 2007
727 posts
22 upvotes
I would highly recommend Barbill in East Aurora, NY. It is about twenty five minutes outside of Buffalo and they have the best wings I have ever tasted. I agree with you on Anchor Bar, more of a tourist trap these days. Here's the website for you http://barbill.com/
Banned
May 5, 2005
13286 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
I went to Boston many years ago and in their square market, I ordered some suicide wings and almost passed out eating the first few. I don't know what sauce they used but it felt like what I would imagine being sprayed with pepper spray would feel like.
Joe Zawinul
1932 - 2007
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12205 posts
92 upvotes
Emancipated wrote:
Jan 7th, 2009 11:12 pm
I went to Boston many years ago and in their square market, I ordered some suicide wings and almost passed out eating the first few. I don't know what sauce they used but it felt like what I would imagine being sprayed with pepper spray would feel like.
fantastic story.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
1261 posts
62 upvotes
Just wanted to add, I thought Buzzys was awesome for both wings and pizza when I went there for the first time in 2006. I especially enjoyed their pizzas like the steak one and the mexican one. I went there again last week and the wings were pretty subpar. Unfortunately I only had 3 small pepperoni slices, but they were still pretty good at least!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12205 posts
92 upvotes
kimbot wrote:
Jan 7th, 2009 11:41 pm
Just wanted to add, I thought Buzzys was awesome for both wings and pizza when I went there for the first time in 2006. I especially enjoyed their pizzas like the steak one and the mexican one. I went there again last week and the wings were pretty subpar. Unfortunately I only had 3 small pepperoni slices, but they were still pretty good at least!
We have been going to Buzzy's probably since 2000 or so. And the quality of the wings has gone down, but it's still better than Anchor Bar. I really enjoyed the pizza though.

Sometimes we would just ask the locals where to go and found a couple of great places, but never remembered the names or locations.

Another place we go to for a quick bite is the Whistle Pig.

Nothing fancy, just a small hotdog/burger shack. It's across a Wal mart, so we take a break from shopping.

http://wikimapia.org/70524/Page-s-Whistle-Pig
Jun 22, 2006
239 posts
2 upvotes
Just wanted to add I went to Buzzy's this past weekend for the first time, their NY style pizza might be the best pizza I've ever tasted.
Feb 2, 2007
317 posts
38 upvotes
I like La Nova Pizza in Buffalo, its kinda near Anchor.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2006
2473 posts
201 upvotes
Whitby
I liked Bocce Club Pizza, the last time I was in Buffalo excellent toppings and sauce, the crust is a little too bready for me.

I like Duffs (in Amherst) wings, they opened a new location in Depew which is larger but has raised prices to match.

The Pub in Depew had decent wings as well as really cheap food and drinks. It's a neighbourhood pub, big with the sports crowd.

I didn't think Bar Bill's wings were anything superior to Duff's. They have an excellent Beef on Weck though.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2006
2473 posts
201 upvotes
Whitby
LNahid2000 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2010 12:48 am
Unos in Amhert closed down this week :( .
It was terrible anyway. It always seemed busy when I drove past though.

Amherst/Williamsville is very competitive, if you serve a sub-standard product you won't last. Hopefully the Olive Garden will be next.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3172 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
Aww I wanted to at least try that place.

Any more recommendations?

Was going to try Olive Garden too.
Mar 2, 2007
727 posts
22 upvotes
Dr Butcher wrote:
Jan 12th, 2010 9:27 am
It was terrible anyway. It always seemed busy when I drove past though.

Amherst/Williamsville is very competitive, if you serve a sub-standard product you won't last. Hopefully the Olive Garden will be next.
Agreed. Uno was horrible, only liked the cookie dessert. As for Olive Garden, I still don't understand why there are so many haters of that place :confused:
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2006
2473 posts
201 upvotes
Whitby
callitasicit wrote:
Jan 12th, 2010 11:25 am
Agreed. Uno was horrible, only liked the cookie dessert. As for Olive Garden, I still don't understand why there are so many haters of that place :confused:
I just don't like it. A friend took me there and I had an alfredo pasta special. Nothing memorable about it, other than the fact I was up all night making return trips to the john.
× < >