Sports & Recreation

Place to play Table Tennis in Markham/RichmondHill?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2017 7:17 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 8, 2005
433 posts
3 upvotes

Place to play Table Tennis in Markham/RichmondHill?

I'm an amateur table tennis player.
I'm really looking for a place to play table tennis + people to play with me!

Prefer somewhere around Markham, Richmond Hill, or even Scarborough area.

Any suggestion??

Thanks!
14 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
1869 posts
31 upvotes
if you just want to have fun, you can just buy a table tennis table and invite friends and families to play, or even invite fellow rfders to play
[OP]
Nov 8, 2005
433 posts
3 upvotes
I want a place that I can go there and play at least twice a week. With people play with me there.

Table tennis is one of my hobby, and I don't want to buy a table home and collect dust.
[OP]
Nov 8, 2005
433 posts
3 upvotes
Can anyone tell me a place where I can play table tennis with others? As topic, I prefer somewhere in Markham/RH/Scarborough.

Com'on! I'm sure there must be one or two ping pong guy in this forum!
Jun 3, 2006
622 posts
28 upvotes
Markham
I know that Angus Glen Community Centre has time during the week. My dad has gone before, but he says it's quite busy.
Nov 19, 2003
235 posts
Toronto, Ontario
yea that cttaa club is pretty good

20 * dhs tables
clean with wood floors
and good competition
there's alway a bottom line - jmedia
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
2631 posts
76 upvotes
Old thread, figured will renew it since it's the same subjection matter.

Any updates on the places to play table tennis on a casual basis, where you can just show up by yourself? Some of these places charge like $10-15 / visit. I know a place is Mississauga that only charges $2.
Mar 26, 2009
15 posts
Toronto
I went to cttaa in Markham but it was full of old people. I went 3 pm during a Wednesday so maybe that's when the old people congregate for table tennis? I don't know if my timing has anything to do with it.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
1866 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Going to revive this thread as well. Just moved to Markham area, looking for some casual ping pong buddies! I am intermediate level.
Or any recommendation for some places that are not 99% seniors?
If you're looking for any players, send me a message!
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4588 posts
816 upvotes
Markham
Thought I would post in this thread some information for Table Tennis players.

Uncle Pop Women's World Cup of Table Tennis is taking place at the Markham Pan Am Centre Oct 27-29th 2017.

Tickets start at $25
https://markham.snapd.com/events/view/1093538

Table tennis is the most the most popular indoor sport in the world, because people of all ages, sizes and skill levels can play and it is fun to watch at any level. Yet, the opportunity to watch world-class table tennis so rarely comes to North America and, even less so, to Canada. This changes on October 27 to 29, 2017, when the International Table Tennis Federation Women’s World Cup arrives at the Pan Am Centre, in Markham.

The Uncle Pop 2017 Women’s World Cup of Table Tennis (WWC) welcomes 20 of the world’s best players to compete for the world title. Last year, Miu Hirano from Japan made history, becoming the first woman from outside of China to take first place. Excitement builds to see if she defends her title in Canada or if China takes it back. Or perhaps, Canada’s own Mo Zhang does well on her home turf. The tournament, and its exciting outcome, is experienced live court-side at the Pan Am Centre or watched on ESPN.

“Known as Table Tennis Central, Markham is the ideal place to host the ITTF Women’s World Cup,” says Tony Kiesenhofer, CEO of the International Table Tennis Federation in North America. “The popularity of table tennis is rising worldwide. Two clubs with more than 1,000 members, plus a number of smaller private and community clubs, the National Training Centre at the Pan Am Centre and the building of a table tennis stadium, are all evidence of this growth in Markham,” he adds.

The Uncle Pop 2017 Women’s World Cup of Table Tennis is organized by Table Tennis
Canada and the North American branch of International Table Tennis Federation. It broadcasts in 50 countries on 10 stations and engages millions worldwide through social media during its three days of exciting competition. The 2017 WWC is sponsored by Uncle Pop, Polar Naturals, Westin Prince Hotel & Resort, DHS, Enlio, Kiwinano Technology, Affinity Financial Services, Yesup, Impact CPAs and Real Land Realty.

For more information visit: www.2017wwc.com or www. ttcan.ca
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Oct 26, 2016
355 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
There is that Wiff Waff table tennis place on east beaver creek and highway 7. They serve food also.
Feb 4, 2008
30 posts
1 upvote
My Table Tennis Club. $10 all you can play. Lots of tables. Woodbine and Hwy 7 area.