• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2018 4:07 pm
[OP]
Sep 14, 2017
41 posts
8 upvotes

Places for a birthday party for a 6 year old

Hi,

I am hoping for suggestions for a good place to hold a birthday party for a 6 year old boy?

We have held it at an indoor playground and Chuck e Cheese before. I am also considering Cineplex and Lego Land. Any suggestions appreciated. I don't mind driving a bit farther, either. If the venue does not require a minimum number of kids, it would be even better as he does not have that many friends.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2786 posts
504 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
My son loved 5 pin bowling birthday party.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1333 posts
336 upvotes
Woodbridge
Just polled a group of 8-year-olds and these were some suggestions:

Laser Quest
Sky Zone
Pool Party
Jun 10, 2008
243 posts
110 upvotes
Brampton
If it's a summer birthday you can get a bouncy castle and a cheapo inflatable pool from wally mart. That plus hot dogs, hamburgers and 100 water balloons made for a great party.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3048 posts
228 upvotes
My son went to an indoor playground around leslie and 401 called Fun City. He had a blast, it might help if you indicated which area you're located at.
Are you a new parent and looking for freebies for your newborn, go here:
Freebies for your Newborn
Updated Feb 2018
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2786 posts
504 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
jvnanu wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 1:28 pm
Laser Quest
my kid just attended a laser quest party for a kid's 7th birthday. they all had a blast, even the ones who had never heard of the concept before. Unsure of how kids who are potentially closer to 5 than 6 might handle it.

The best part was that they are thrown into games with the general population. So as a parent i just had to pay my way to normally get into the game and i got to play too :-)
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3048 posts
228 upvotes
Another fun place was the trampoline park at 16th and Yonge. It was a big indoor playground that had slides and laser tag as well. Just make sure they eat after, I brought the kids and my niece and they loved it.
Are you a new parent and looking for freebies for your newborn, go here:
Freebies for your Newborn
Updated Feb 2018
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
14369 posts
10109 upvotes
Toronto
Get them out in the fresh air. My kid's enjoyed this one

https://highparknaturecentre.com/2/birthday-parties
NIMBY = "My neighbour has just pulled out in his Tesla. I can't imagine he is very happy at the thought that somebody might, out of, let's say jealousy, or whatever, feel obliged to graffiti his car,"
Oct 15, 2008
120 posts
41 upvotes
Windsor
A local community centre and rent the gym for a basketball/indoor soccer game or their pool with slides for a swim. Take them to the movies (they have party rooms too). Sky Zone? Organize a trip to the local fire hall or police station or airport or whatever your kid is into. Mad Science?