• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2018 12:06 am
[OP]
Sep 14, 2017
69 posts
15 upvotes

Places for a birthday party for a 6 year old

Hi,

I am hoping for suggestions for a good place to hold a birthday party for a 6 year old boy?

We have held it at an indoor playground and Chuck e Cheese before. I am also considering Cineplex and Lego Land. Any suggestions appreciated. I don't mind driving a bit farther, either. If the venue does not require a minimum number of kids, it would be even better as he does not have that many friends.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2861 posts
543 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
My son loved 5 pin bowling birthday party.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1554 posts
418 upvotes
Woodbridge
Just polled a group of 8-year-olds and these were some suggestions:

Laser Quest
Sky Zone
Pool Party
Jun 10, 2008
259 posts
133 upvotes
Brampton
If it's a summer birthday you can get a bouncy castle and a cheapo inflatable pool from wally mart. That plus hot dogs, hamburgers and 100 water balloons made for a great party.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3177 posts
320 upvotes
My son went to an indoor playground around leslie and 401 called Fun City. He had a blast, it might help if you indicated which area you're located at.
Are you a new parent and looking for freebies for your newborn, go here:
Freebies for your Newborn
Updated Feb 2018
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2861 posts
543 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
jvnanu wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 1:28 pm
Laser Quest
my kid just attended a laser quest party for a kid's 7th birthday. they all had a blast, even the ones who had never heard of the concept before. Unsure of how kids who are potentially closer to 5 than 6 might handle it.

The best part was that they are thrown into games with the general population. So as a parent i just had to pay my way to normally get into the game and i got to play too :-)
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3177 posts
320 upvotes
Another fun place was the trampoline park at 16th and Yonge. It was a big indoor playground that had slides and laser tag as well. Just make sure they eat after, I brought the kids and my niece and they loved it.
Are you a new parent and looking for freebies for your newborn, go here:
Freebies for your Newborn
Updated Feb 2018
Oct 15, 2008
131 posts
46 upvotes
Windsor
A local community centre and rent the gym for a basketball/indoor soccer game or their pool with slides for a swim. Take them to the movies (they have party rooms too). Sky Zone? Organize a trip to the local fire hall or police station or airport or whatever your kid is into. Mad Science?
Jul 12, 2016
330 posts
179 upvotes
if you are looking something special for your son you can check YMCA. They have a different birthday party packages featuring entertainment, sports and all kinds of games! Bookings are available on weekends for 2-hour party packages, which include 1 hour of staff-led activities and 1-hour of celebration time.
Pool package: staff-led water games;
Play room package: a room with play modules (for children aged 6 and under);
Gym packages: soccer, hockey, cooperative games and more.
This program is offered at the Du Parc YMCA, West Island YMCA and the Westmount YMCA.
[OP]
Sep 14, 2017
69 posts
15 upvotes
OliviaAlgoz wrote:
Feb 25th, 2018 2:45 pm
if you are looking something special for your son you can check YMCA. They have a different birthday party packages featuring entertainment, sports and all kinds of games! Bookings are available on weekends for 2-hour party packages, which include 1 hour of staff-led activities and 1-hour of celebration time.
Pool package: staff-led water games;
Play room package: a room with play modules (for children aged 6 and under);
Gym packages: soccer, hockey, cooperative games and more.
This program is offered at the Du Parc YMCA, West Island YMCA and the Westmount YMCA.
Another option I did not know about. Thanks for the tip!
Jul 12, 2016
330 posts
179 upvotes
There is an other option - Celebrate your child’s birthday at the Atrium Le 1000 skating rink. A bouquet of balloons, invitation cards, skates and helmets - we thought of it all! Enjoy a reserved space next to the action where your guest skaters, both amateur and expert, can share their skills. It’s all yours for a 3-hour block of time.

Your guests will truly be delighted: the skating rink is a spectacular and vibrant venue that is easily accessible by car, bus and metro.
Jul 29, 2017
65 posts
42 upvotes
Kevinck wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 1:07 pm
My son loved 5 pin bowling birthday party.
Can confirm, loved 5 pin bowling as a kid.