Home & Garden

Places to look for sectional sofas

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2017 9:38 am
Dec 7, 2006
401 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
We needed something with pretty specific dimensions due to our narrow + long house (15x100). We also wanted a sectional that had a back on both sides as the shorter side faces the TV. Ended up buying from EQ3 from one of their modular models. Very happy with the purchase.
Feb 8, 2009
54 posts
10 upvotes
alucky17 wrote:
May 10th, 2017 5:30 pm
Check out mobilia for modern sofas. A little on the higher end though.
They do have nice stuff there, but be a bit wary. We bought what was supposed to be an Italian leather couch that was taking forever to deliver. After a few months we got a little fed up and asked where it was and the answer we got was "on a container coming from China". All in all, it was a nice a couch and we kept but you don't always get what you pay for.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2006
7280 posts
1369 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mw83krk wrote:
May 19th, 2017 12:12 pm
They do have nice stuff there, but be a bit wary. We bought what was supposed to be an Italian leather couch that was taking forever to deliver. After a few months we got a little fed up and asked where it was and the answer we got was "on a container coming from China". All in all, it was a nice a couch and we kept but you don't always get what you pay for.
Mobilia is weird like that. The materials are 'italian' and it is then assembled in china. Was your sofa a special order? Majority of their items are in-stock, but once you order a different colour it's considered a custom order and will take up to 4 months minimum to get the product. I'm still waiting for mine and it's going on 6 months now.

Pretty disappointed with the wait, but I was compensated after I expressed how disappointed I was with the lack of communication and follow up. I've bought a few items before and never had a problem.
Dec 12, 2013
12 posts
1 upvote
Scarborough
I purchased my sectional sofa from Urban Barn. The sofas are made in Canada.

The Bay downtown on Queen street has sectional sofas as well.
Apr 22, 2013
62 posts
131 upvotes
Woodbridge
I also purchased mine from Urban Barn about 4.5 years ago. A few friends and family of mine also got theirs from Urban Barn. They let you customize quite a bit if you choose that option. They have sales about 2-3 times a year for customized furniture, I think between 10-20% off.
Sep 28, 2004
814 posts
50 upvotes
If you want it to last, I would start with finding a manufacturer that makes a quality one and then find a dealer. You have no idea what the underlying build of a sof is when you go to Leon's, The Brick, Bad Boy etc...

I bought a Decorest sectional (made in Canada for what it is worth) from Parks. Decorest quality is excellent and Parks has ridiculous prices.

You could also go with Costco since their return policy is excellent if you aren't satisfied.

Seriously, if you want it to last then do your homework.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel