None
[OP]
Jul 12, 2007
71 posts
1 upvote
Toronto

Places to take Wedding Pictures near Burlington or Mississauga

Hello,

Does anyone know any nice places to take wedding pictures around Burlington or Mississauga. Our photographer suggested going downtown but not sure if we will have enough time so considering our church is in Hamilton and then our reception is in Mississauga then i would rather have something on the way so that we have enough time.

Any suggestions??

Thank you
11 replies
[OP]
Jul 12, 2007
71 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Perfect, ill check all these out. Thank you
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
419 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
Brandon wrote:
Sep 10th, 2008 2:14 pm
+1

This is a good park, I think a permit gives you a 1hr window to take pictures. In any case, you should make sure the photographer is familiar with wherever you go before the day you take photos.
Try to avoid Saturdays, there's a lot of other people there shooting with and without permits.

Sundays are a good time.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 8, 2002
5028 posts
455 upvotes
CSAgent wrote:
Sep 10th, 2008 4:53 pm
Try to avoid Saturdays, there's a lot of other people there shooting with and without permits.

Sundays are a good time.
For my sister's wedding, I guess they got a lucky day because the weather was amazing (albeit hot in a monkey suit) and there weren't many people in the park... and the ones that were there were respectful that wedding photos were being taken. As we got there to take pictures, another wedding party was just leaving, and when we left, another wedding party was just arriving (all had permits).
[OP]
Jul 12, 2007
71 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
This Sat i went by Palleta Mansion and that looked great , it has some nice spots and the lake right there, and thank god the smell doesnt come out in pictures :) hhahaha
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
1012 posts
65 upvotes
Mississauga
Brandon wrote:
Sep 10th, 2008 8:02 pm
For my sister's wedding, I guess they got a lucky day because the weather was amazing (albeit hot in a monkey suit) and there weren't many people in the park... and the ones that were there were respectful that wedding photos were being taken. As we got there to take pictures, another wedding party was just leaving, and when we left, another wedding party was just arriving (all had permits).
Amazing as in ... sunny? If so, that isn't amazing wedding weather. :cry:

Nothing better than an overcast day, so you don't blow out the whites.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2051 posts
344 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Depending on the time of year RBG Royal Botanical Gardens is a very popular place to take pictures. It's on the border of Hamilton/Burlington.

http://www.rbg.ca/pages/private_rentals.html#Weddings
Scroll to the bottom of the page for the wedding photography details.

I have been to a few weddings where pictures were taken on the grounds of Dundurn Castle in Hamilton. It's fairly close to the RBG, 2 minutes away.

http://www.myhamilton.ca/myhamilton/Cit ... graphy.htm