[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7495 posts
1278 upvotes

Rogers/Fido iPhone unlock 22$

plans4canada is having a Rogers/Fido iPhone unlock promo, currently only 22$

http://www.plans4canada.ca/#unlocks

I have personally used them in the past year for a Telus account that included keeping my own number, and 2 unlocks on Android.

If you don't trust them you can always use paypal "pay for goods and services" where you will get buyers protection, but on their website, they advertise an extra 5% to the price to cover pp fees, so I guess that would put it at 23$.

The cheapest ebay price is 26$, and those do not seem to be premium, but rather clean or express. From my research premium also unlocks phones still currently under contract or phones attached to existing balances where the bill is not completely paid off.
Last edited by Messerschmitt on Oct 14th, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
106 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1168 posts
126 upvotes
Or wait until dec. I believe telecoms have to unlock all phones then for free.
Oct 24, 2004
528 posts
72 upvotes
Yep come December it’s free. However I think you have to end the contract towards the phone then they unlock.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1219 posts
100 upvotes
funnypanks wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 10:47 am
yes, I'd wait till December for free unlocks. (But I'm sure the companies won't make it a pain-free process.) :rolleyes:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7495 posts
1278 upvotes
Cameraguy23 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 10:52 am
Yep come December it’s free. However I think you have to end the contract towards the phone then they unlock.
That's right, contract must be paid out (with all the penalties if you cancel early) before they will unlock it. And since this service is premium, they can unlock phones still in contract and with balances on the account. IMO I think it's worth the 22 bucks than having to wait few/several months depending on your situation. This is what, a week's worth of morning coffee at starbucks?
Dec 11, 2010
515 posts
295 upvotes
funnypanks wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 10:47 am
It's a good deal for those who brought a used iPhones, jeez people are always complaining.
You'll Never Walk Alone.
Jul 10, 2008
24 posts
24 upvotes
Mississauga
I just been told by our Telus Rep that they are building self service website , you can login to your Telus account and unlock your phone for free after Dec 1as long as your are active user , no matter your contract end or not , and all new phones come out now are already unlocked .
Oct 5, 2017
14 posts
7 upvotes
Surrey, BC
jason.lqs wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 11:09 am
I just been told by our Telus Rep that they are building self service website , you can login to your Telus account and unlock your phone for free after Dec 1as long as your are active user , no matter your contract end or not , and all new phones come out now are already unlocked .
This is a pretty good idea IMO. It will avoid tying-up customer service agents and safe time for their customers.
Jul 25, 2015
147 posts
48 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Or wait until December and the 22 bucks will become 5 bucks to unlock.
Nov 10, 2012
421 posts
163 upvotes
Calgary
Rogers unlocked an old iPhone for me for free when I called a couple months ago. Might be worth trying with them first.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9131 posts
796 upvotes
Cameraguy23 wrote:
Are you sure? I thought that every phone is supposed to be sold unlocked. New iphones sold are unlocked
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1168 posts
126 upvotes
Cameraguy23 wrote:
I'm pretty sure they're sold unlocked. It's supposed to allow people to use their phones however they want from the start. It has nothing to do with paying off their inducements.
Jul 15, 2017
40 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone else have experience with this site or these unlocking services in general? It's a good coincidence because my plan with Rogers ends tomorrow and would rather pay this price than the $50 (+tax) through Rogers. Waiting till December isn't really an option for me - I would if I could.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7495 posts
1278 upvotes
funnypanks wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 6:08 pm

I'm pretty sure they're sold unlocked. It's supposed to allow people to use their phones however they want from the start. It has nothing to do with paying off their inducements.
New phones are suppose to be unlocked yes, BUT, phones already sold and under contract are suppose to be paid out for Rogers/Fido (and possibly any other providers) to unlock them. Because the phone was sold as locked and under contract before Dec 1, I believe they will force you to pay off the contract if it's still ongoing. New phones sold after Dec 1 obviously should be sold unlocked.
Brrandon wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 7:43 pm
Anyone else have experience with this site or these unlocking services in general? It's a good coincidence because my plan with Rogers ends tomorrow and would rather pay this price than the $50 (+tax) through Rogers. Waiting till December isn't really an option for me - I would if I could.
Like I said, I used them both for unlock and did a Telus account with them (15gb for 75$). I guess google around for reviews?

They also have a ebay account selling unlocks services, 91.7% feedback, but it's only out of 24 feedbacks left. So I guess either buy through ebay (more expensive), or just use paypal pay for goods and services
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/FACTORY-UNLOCK-S ... SwlndZCMwI