Home & Garden

Platform Bed (Slats)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2008 11:36 am
Mar 13, 2006
734 posts

Platform Bed (Slats)

Looking for a low profile platform bed that uses slats (don't want to buy a boxspring). Can anyone suggest where I would be able to find a whole bedroom set other then Ikea and EQ3 (in the Toronto area). I have alredy been to the Brick, Sears and Leons with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

5 replies
Jan 26, 2003
122 posts
.... All I can say is you have it lucky... I can't believe you can't find them, as there are a LOT in the GTA compared to Calgary... you need to go to the botique stores... smaller shops, urban barn, etc. Calgary here is not good for contemporary furniture, you have it far better in Toronto :p
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2003
1330 posts
You pretty much listed all that places that carries them so your really left with what the previous poster said thats going to boutiques. The EQ3 ones are super nice and super expensive so i can see why not EQ3 but whats wrong with Ikea? I actually bought mine from ikea since i got tired from looking
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2005
4615 posts
Actually, Calgary is pretty good for furniture. Check out Revolve . There's a bunch by Kensington. Of course, this all depends on what you're looking for. There's no such thing as cheap and cool. Most of the stuff in Cowtown that is stylish is expensive.
May 26, 2005
822 posts
Check this site out:

http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/categor ... =get&id=45

The only problem is that the place is based in the U.S.
I had my stuff sent to the border and I rented a van and drove
down to pick it up. Shipping is $199 to anywhere in the U.S.

I bought the Calvin bed. It's solid wood really well made and comes with
steel slats so there are no worries about sagging.
× < >