• Apr 17th, 2019 10:34 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2636 posts
844 upvotes
Scarborough
fredsmith wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 7:07 pm
Quick reply . . . . . NO, you don't. Have you been out of the country since the SNC Lavalin scandal broke? Only one party to the call needs to be aware that it is being recorded. Even companies don't HAVE to inform you that they are recording; that they do is a courtesy.
Correct, it's once a 3rd party is involved or more than it needs to be mentioned but between two parties there is absolutely no obligation to let them know you are recording. If anyone has seen court shows such as Judge Judy or People's Court you can clearly see plaintiffs and defendants always showing the judge their call recordings.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1830 posts
1428 upvotes
Why does the description mention additional feature such as "Music player" and "weather forecast"? Are the developers trying to turn the app into a bloated monstrosity?
And the "required permissions" list is a bit too expansive for my taste. Why would they need "full network access" if the main purpose of the app is to record calls and save them locally as mp3 files?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15765 posts
3961 upvotes
"This app is incompatible with all of your devices."

Thanks though...
Apr 23, 2015
22 posts
9 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Can you make the notification go away without stopping the app?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
8505 posts
9426 upvotes
GT-EH
ahoroba wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 7:18 pm
Why does the description mention additional feature such as "Music player" and "weather forecast"? Are the developers trying to turn the app into a bloated monstrosity?
And the "required permissions" list is a bit too expansive for my taste. Why would they need "full network access" if the main purpose of the app is to record calls and save them locally as mp3 files?
I suspect it's another "copy-cat" dev that simply publishes an apk that was stolen from another dev.
(a fake dev that clones apps).. I think I'll pass on this one.
Decrapifying the X1 Extreme
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Nov 22, 2017
62 posts
58 upvotes
pros911 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 2:09 pm

I loved ACR when i was on android 8, if you forgot something that they said or you didn't had time to take anynote or you want proof you said something to your gf :D
Bessem wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 3:23 pm
using pie 9 , the audio is being recorded into an mp3 file but when you play it , NO SOUND. weird.
Tip for for ACR fans using Samsung device with Android 9.
ACR restricted only on google play market, but they have also published it on Samsung app store, and there app in not restricted, so you can install and use it.
Sep 26, 2015
265 posts
106 upvotes
mummonth wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 10:24 pm
Tip for for ACR fans using Samsung device with Android 9.
ACR restricted only on google play market, but they have also published it on Samsung app store, and there app in not restricted, so you can install and use it.
But does it work like it used to? or is the app still the same between google play and from samsung app store?
Feb 4, 2016
114 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Just downloaded worked on my one plus 6. Thanks op. Running oxygen 9.0.4
Sep 26, 2015
265 posts
106 upvotes
How is this app working on android 9, but ACR isnt?
Jul 4, 2007
332 posts
295 upvotes
Pickering, Ontario
Works with my Pixel 3 XL on Android 9 with April security update. Thanks OP!
Feb 6, 2013
260 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
ahoroba wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 7:18 pm
It also saves to Google Drive.

Oh sorry, I mean "Google Driver" (sic)
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18444 posts
3114 upvotes
GTA West
This is one of the things I like about having the OnePlus phone. They built call recording into the OS, so you can use it on Android 9. It's disabled by default in Canada but you can enable it without rooting, using 1 adb command.
Last edited by Jucius Maximus on Apr 13th, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Sep 26, 2015
265 posts
106 upvotes
iceman2015 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 1:41 pm
Can you confirm if this works for Android 9?
I had ACR recorder (paid version), didn't work with android 9 so I got rid of it. I'd imagine it still has the same issues as Google hasn't changed the OS.