Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Playbook 32GB 79.99 @Best Buys

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2013 4:34 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
i just picked the last one up at Futureshop on Weston Rd and 401. They matched BB's price.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10380 upvotes
d_source wrote: There is no confirmed date for BB10 on the Playbook.
They have enough problems just getting product out the door at this point. I've learned my lesson from the CEO of companies like Runic that give confusing or just plain wrong release dates. I think the reps especially should just say nothing. But that is also bad if you are trying to promote your products. "It's coming along" does nothing to help. 2013 as an answer doesn't help either. Summer was bandied about after hearing from people attending conferences who have posted all over the net. If the CEO doesn't know either, then what do you expect from his company? Do I believe it will come out? Yes, but summer was the best rumour I could find. If you know definitively, by all means clue the rest of us in...
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2829 posts
1032 upvotes
Vaughan
I don't know. That's what i'm saying. I don't work for RIM, i just created a few apps for their platform and going by past experience, like when the PB was first released and when OS2 was released, they gave plenty of time and warning to app devs to make sure their apps were up to par. If i remember correctly, there was one release that needed a re-packaging with newer software and those who didn't do it in time, those apps were removed from the storefront until they were compliant. All i'm saying is that there is no word from RIM yet at all on this one. They are probably going to make sure BB10 launch next week works before doing anything drastic.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
bombdiggity wrote: It was an open box one right?
yup, were you the one who returned it?
should I expect a problem?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
bombdiggity wrote: No I wasn't the one who returned it. I was just curious if you were (the only one who was) able to score a BNIB unit or not.
i requested a open box discount, but they said no.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
d_source wrote: - Care to mention some apps you'd like to see? Maybe i can create soething for you. :)
Thank you for your offer. I would like to have Skype and a few popular iPod games for my son. I know I could open a browser to use Skype but having an app would be more convenient. Also would be nice if I could load movies from iTunes etc. Is there anything we could do?

PS I have no idea why they moved this thread to expired deal. Couldn't find it until today! :lol:
Oct 21, 2010
33 posts
9 upvotes
thehockeyguy wrote: looks like bb took it off now.. :)
Wow, you're right. I tried searching for any playbook product and there's none! ;/
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2829 posts
1032 upvotes
Vaughan
althetrainer wrote: Thank you for your offer. I would like to have Skype and a few popular iPod games for my son. I know I could open a browser to use Skype but having an app would be more convenient. Also would be nice if I could load movies from iTunes etc. Is there anything we could do?

PS I have no idea why they moved this thread to expired deal. Couldn't find it until today! :lol:
Obv i can't create an official Skype client for you. You'll have to convince Microsoft to port over a Skype app for that one. What kind of children games were you thinking of? I'm more of a functional app type developer, not really into games as I don't do much in terms of graphics and people expect games to have superb graphics these days. But give me a hint and i'll see if I have anything in my arsenal. I love learning and creating something of use at the same time.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
d_source wrote: Obv i can't create an official Skype client for you. You'll have to convince Microsoft to port over a Skype app for that one. What kind of children games were you thinking of? I'm more of a functional app type developer, not really into games as I don't do much in terms of graphics and people expect games to have superb graphics these days. But give me a hint and i'll see if I have anything in my arsenal. I love learning and creating something of use at the same time.
That would be awesome! Thanks! My son was bugging me about some games his friends played on their iPod/iPad etc but I couldn't find them in the PB app world. I will ask him when he comes home from school today. I really wish that we could load movies from iTunes. I have been ripping movies from my own DVD collection for road trips. It works 90% but still a pain to have to rip then load. Would be much easier to just load it online.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2829 posts
1032 upvotes
Vaughan
I thought there was an app that sync'd with itunes. I thought i read about it way back when. If i can figure out which one does, i'll let you know.
Banned
Jul 26, 2009
4315 posts
663 upvotes
Toronto
d_source wrote: I thought there was an app that sync'd with itunes. I thought i read about it way back when. If i can figure out which one does, i'll let you know.
Is it this one?
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/65525/
i5-3570K 3.4GHz | ASUS DCII 7850 2Gb
8Gb DDR3 1333MHz | 128GB HyperX SSD + 1Tb HDD
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | Ultra 650W PSU | Dell 22" 1920x1080 LED
The proud owner of a brand new ASUS T100!!!
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
d_source wrote: I thought there was an app that sync'd with itunes. I thought i read about it way back when. If i can figure out which one does, i'll let you know.
Why would you even want that? Not having to use iTunes is a huge feature. :)
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2829 posts
1032 upvotes
Vaughan
BinaryJay - LOL. I'm not an Apple fanboy so your asking the wrong person. I don't use any of the BB sync software either. Can't stand any of these types of programs.

Thanks zijin_cheng. I knew I read somewhere that there was at least one. althetrainer you may want to check that one out or see if there are any others.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
d_source wrote: BinaryJay - LOL. I'm not an Apple fanboy so your asking the wrong person. I don't use any of the BB sync software either. Can't stand any of these types of programs.

Thanks zijin_cheng. I knew I read somewhere that there was at least one. althetrainer you may want to check that one out or see if there are any others.
Thanks guys! I will check it out later. Honestly I will go with anything as long as they have large selections of movies I am all for it.