Tags:
None
[OP]
May 7, 2006
302 posts
12 upvotes

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

Anyone playing this? link to steam page
Goal is to be the last one standing. Starts with 100 players dropped on an isolated island.. gotta find your weapons and also.. the game play area shrinks so it pushes the people closer and closer together..
something about it makes it so addicting...
177 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5347 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
A few of my friends are playing it already and I think it looks cool though I'll probably wait until it's out of early access and on sale before I pick it up. I hear there's no grinding unlock/level system and it's good for short pick up and play sessions which is very appealing to me.
They should really consider changing the title though. The title doesn't do the style and concept of the game any justice and makes it sound like some corny low budget indie game. If my friends weren't talking about it I would've never looked at this game based on the title.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4974 posts
1777 upvotes
Looks like it's being ported to consoles (Xbox first, then PS).
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5347 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
9394 wrote:
May 8th, 2017 1:04 pm
Looks like it's being ported to consoles (Xbox first, then PS).
before it's even out of Early access? That's different
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4844 posts
650 upvotes
calgary
ReeGee wrote:
May 8th, 2017 1:37 pm
before it's even out of Early access? That's different
Ark says hi
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5347 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
May 8th, 2017 1:49 pm
Ark says hi
I had no idea that was on consoles until now. TIL

And it's $40 more expensive, AND requires a subscription to play online. holy cow Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4844 posts
650 upvotes
calgary
ReeGee wrote:
May 8th, 2017 1:57 pm
I had no idea that was on consoles until now. TIL

And it's $40 more expensive, AND requires a subscription to play online. holy cow Face With Tears Of Joy
I didnt pick it up but I thought it was only like 25-30$ or something? It also running at like 600P on XB1 lol.

XB1 has a program called game preview for these sorts of further along early access titles, you can download the game for free and can play for a few hours and then choose to pay for it. I imagine this is exactly where this game is headed when it gets ported.

I once dropped 30$ on Arma II/Day Z when it was in early access, I learned my lesson with early access games after that point. This game sounds incredibly intriguing but I'll wait till its more of a final release or until I can try it for free somewhere.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5347 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
May 8th, 2017 2:05 pm
I didnt pick it up but I thought it was only like 25-30$ or something? It also running at like 600P on XB1 lol.

XB1 has a program called game preview for these sorts of further along early access titles, you can download the game for free and can play for a few hours and then choose to pay for it. I imagine this is exactly where this game is headed when it gets ported.

I once dropped 30$ on Arma II/Day Z when it was in early access, I learned my lesson with early access games after that point. This game sounds incredibly intriguing but I'll wait till its more of a final release or until I can try it for free somewhere.
Ya i was comparing the vanilla ARK to the "Survivors Pack" on PSN, but the difference is still almost $30. $46.74 on Steam VS $73.49 on PSN. That's an insane amount of money for a game that's still in development. I also like how it's not complete but already advertising and selling an expansion pack :facepalm:

It's crazy how well these early access survival games sell. Battlegrounds already sold something like 1 million copies weeks ago, it's probably even more now. Seems people really want these games to do well
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8347 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote:
May 8th, 2017 2:15 pm
Ya i was comparing the vanilla ARK to the "Survivors Pack" on PSN, but the difference is still almost $30. $46.74 on Steam VS $73.49 on PSN. That's an insane amount of money for a game that's still in development. I also like how it's not complete but already advertising and selling an expansion pack :facepalm:

It's crazy how well these early access survival games sell. Battlegrounds already sold something like 1 million copies weeks ago, it's probably even more now. Seems people really want these games to do well
Problem is is that if the devs get all greedy they'll just abandon the project, make a new company name and make a new game and do it all over... it's happened quite a few times in the last several years.

Glad I never bought into DayZ or even H1Z1 apparently that game is a write off as well.
Nov 30, 2007
707 posts
227 upvotes
Brampton
I've been playing this for a little over a week now and I'm hooked. I've solely been a console player (nothing really much I want to play at the moment), and this is all I want to play right now.
Whether camping or getting into firefights, the game is super intense more so as the player alive count gets lower and lower.

I haven't managed to get my "Chicken Dinner" (1st place) yet, but have come in 2nd place Solo and Duo multiple times. I can't seem to have the last circle RNG to my side - I usually have to go towards the enemy in the closing seconds, and can't secure the win.

These Battle Royale type games need to come to console sooner than later!
Dec 16, 2007
621 posts
195 upvotes
TO
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
May 8th, 2017 2:05 pm
I also bought Arma II so I could play DayZ. Im not sure why you feel that way since Arma II is a fully functional game and DayZ was a free mod.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1465 posts
449 upvotes
To those that have this, is it worth purchasing at the $30+ price tag? Seems a bit high for an early access game with only one map, poor optimization and noting latency issues...
Dec 16, 2015
725 posts
324 upvotes
Canada
So if u sux at fps your gameplay will basically be only 1 mins everytime? Only the hardcores can play longer sessions..
Sep 6, 2009
262 posts
19 upvotes
GTA - West End
OldMarriedGuy wrote:
May 13th, 2017 1:47 pm
To those that have this, is it worth purchasing at the $30+ price tag? Seems a bit high for an early access game with only one map, poor optimization and noting latency issues...
I found it worth it. Bought it on release day and still having a blast. The initial optimization on launch was pretty bad but their one month update really improved it a lot. One map is enough right now. They did say more will come.
Redsanta wrote:
May 13th, 2017 4:07 pm
So if u sux at fps your gameplay will basically be only 1 mins everytime? Only the hardcores can play longer sessions..
Not exactly, how long you last is reflected from your play style. I've gotten to the last 10 alive without seeing a single palyer in solo. You can be as aggressive or defensive as you want, although some skill and luck is required to consistently do well.