Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5280 posts
2222 upvotes
Bryson wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 3:43 pm
US Video Games Industry Analyst Mat Piscatella tweeted "PUBG has passed 1 million players on Xbox One" "I sure wasn't expecting PUBG to get to 1m players on Xbox this fast. Wow."

also

Free PUBG When you buy an Xbox X between Dec 17 and the 31st

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/
That's like the ultimate dis to those (like me) that bought the X on launch and PUBG in release day. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1104 posts
287 upvotes
9394 wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 9:09 pm
That's like the ultimate dis to those (like me) that bought the X on launch and PUBG in release day. Face With Tears Of Joy
Well PUBG wasn't out yet when the X launched but you're right, it's dumb to punish the early adopters. They should just give the game to all X owners.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6620 posts
1612 upvotes
Janky is a common term used as a descriptor for video game characteristics.
A lot of the game coverage outlets use it to describe when a game runs poorly or use it to detail how the animations look.

The opening section where you parachute out of the plane runs like a slideshow. Really choppy and sluggish.
Some very bad lag cropped up in a couple of matches I have played as well.

OldMarriedGuy wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 3:21 pm
I never heard of the word ‘janky’ until I decided to see what you guys were saying about this game.

Janky...really?!
The furthest I have made it in about 10 matches thus far is the 29th last survivor. The game can be fun but it requires planning and patience.
One death and you are kicked out of the game and have to start over again in a new battle royale.

There is no respawning, therefore you have to play more strategically. If you want to do well, you should not parachute down to an area where a lot of other players are landing
at the beginning.

The play zone shrinks every 5 minutes or so to discourage camping or cheap tactics used in games like Battlefield.
Players outside the play zone have their life slowly deplete until they die if they do not go into the play zone before that happens.

In games like Battlefield, you can go long stretches without encountering anyone then run right into a player that is cowering down on one knee in a corner
or laying prone and camping in one spot all game and die. PUBG's dynamic helps eliminate that and makes it more interesting as a result.
You can also scavenger gear from other players that have fallen to improve your arsenal.
That aspect is also critical to being the sole survivor.
Aug 20, 2009
6614 posts
1274 upvotes
Grimsby
9394 wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 9:09 pm
Yeah I'm going to be chatting with Microsoft Support later about a store credit for the PUBG value otherwise this X will get returned to Amazon and repurchased to get the game.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5280 posts
2222 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Dec 18th, 2017 8:43 am
Yeah I'm going to be chatting with Microsoft Support later about a store credit for the PUBG value otherwise this X will get returned to Amazon and repurchased to get the game.
Let me know the outcome...heck, maybe I'll be chatting with them too.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5280 posts
2222 upvotes
Bryson wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 10:46 pm
Well PUBG wasn't out yet when the X launched but you're right, it's dumb to punish the early adopters. They should just give the game to all X owners.
Or at least give us the stupid accessory pack. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Aug 20, 2009
6614 posts
1274 upvotes
Grimsby
9394 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2017 9:27 am
Let me know the outcome...heck, maybe I'll be chatting with them too.
Microsoft Support was useless and refused to do anything.

Amazon Support was helpful but can't give a code, its automated when you buy the bundle. So he suggested a return which is what I'm doing right now.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5033 posts
730 upvotes
calgary
Isn't it just to be expected as an early adopter that better deals and more pack-ins are going to come in as the console gets older? Granted 1.5 months is not that old but its just a 30$ pack-in, Im still on the sidelines, eager to jump in but this isn't what is going to do it for me.

Anyways back on OT, played a bunch of this over the weekend in a squad of 4 and I think Im hooked and totally "get it" now.
I think Ive yet to hit in the 20 player mark as Im pretty bad at this game but its a lot of fun and I constantly want to play more thinking I can do better next time.
The shooting is dam difficult though.
Aug 20, 2009
6614 posts
1274 upvotes
Grimsby
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Dec 18th, 2017 10:12 am
Isn't it just to be expected as an early adopter that better deals and more pack-ins are going to come in as the console gets older? Granted 1.5 months is not that old but its just a 30$ pack-in, Im still on the sidelines, eager to jump in but this isn't what is going to do it for me.
+/- 30 days is my barometer. I got mine a bit less than a month ago so I want my free game.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5280 posts
2222 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Dec 18th, 2017 9:54 am

Microsoft Support was useless and refused to do anything.

Amazon Support was helpful but can't give a code, its automated when you buy the bundle. So he suggested a return which is what I'm doing right now.
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Dec 18th, 2017 10:12 am

Anyways back on OT, played a bunch of this over the weekend in a squad of 4 and I think Im hooked and totally "get it" now.
I think Ive yet to hit in the 20 player mark as Im pretty bad at this game but its a lot of fun and I constantly want to play more thinking I can do better next time.
The shooting is dam difficult though.
Redmask wrote:
Dec 18th, 2017 10:20 am
+/- 30 days is my barometer. I got mine a bit less than a month ago so I want my free game.
Agree that if the game was released >30 days, then SOL. PUBG was released 6 days ago - not even a week out! At least @Redmask can return his One X. I can't even do that!

@SpicYMchaggis of course this new promo isn't going to do it for you, you already bought the game! Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3438 posts
762 upvotes
Toronto
What a dumb promo... They really should just reward all their early X adopters with a copy of PUBG, especially since many of the early adopters are probably also loyal XBox One fans who made the upgrade.
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
2372 posts
990 upvotes
Burlington
Redmask wrote:
Dec 18th, 2017 10:20 am
I'm with you, I will be returning my Xbox One X to get my free copy of PUBG since Microsoft refused to do anything.