• Jan 20th, 2018 3:05 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14920 posts
1157 upvotes
TOP SECRET SPAGHETTI…
I didn't know Steam allows you to make purchase refunds. I Just made a request for a refund on this game and it's pending because I've only touched it for less than 30 minutes since I bought it in the beginning of November.

Hope it goes through. $36 clams could go towards some other game. Whilst browsing my Steam account settings, I noticed I had some badges procured through achievements in Days of Infamy that were fetching $5 each. Heh, I threw them up on the market place. First time ever selling anything on Steam. Hope some sucker buys it.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3263 posts
658 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 11:32 am
Heh, too bad it didn't record the voice chat along with it, it certainly felt much more intense then the video showed.

Poor fella.
Yeah, I'm not sure if there's a way to record our chat audio... I guess another way is to just run a Mixer or Twitch stream with chat audio on. I'd say last night's match was a good, by-the-book strategic game, and for the most part we also nailed the tactics (except for the earlier shitshow when we managed to wipe that squad).
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4899 posts
668 upvotes
calgary
M1GOmigs wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 11:45 am
Yeah, I'm not sure if there's a way to record our chat audio... I guess another way is to just run a Mixer or Twitch stream with chat audio on. I'd say last night's match was a good, by-the-book strategic game, and for the most part we also nailed the tactics (except for the earlier shitshow when we managed to wipe that squad).
Id say we also got pretty lucky with where the map was closing in too, we were all guarded up in that house and the way the game played out were never really forced to move much.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3263 posts
658 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 12:06 pm
Id say we also got pretty lucky with where the map was closing in too, we were all guarded up in that house and the way the game played out were never really forced to move much.
Yeah for sure... luck plays a big part in this game, although we did move quite a bit, landing in about the middle of the map, and then making our way to the outskirts of the hospital. We would've been screwed if we didn't get a car. Also, our moves and stops were deliberate, and intended to keep us as incognito as possible around the outskirts of the circle while everyone else was either trying desperately to get inside, or fighting other guys.

Our luckiest moment was definitely when like 7-8 guys were killed by the closing circle, but the fact that our team stayed intact for the whole match is a pretty good indication that we were also doing something right.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3237 posts
137 upvotes
Adelaide
Supercooled wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 11:20 am
I didn't know Steam allows you to make purchase refunds. I Just made a request for a refund on this game and it's pending because I've only touched it for less than 30 minutes since I bought it in the beginning of November.

Hope it goes through. $36 clams could go towards some other game. Whilst browsing my Steam account settings, I noticed I had some badges procured through achievements in Days of Infamy that were fetching $5 each. Heh, I threw them up on the market place. First time ever selling anything on Steam. Hope some sucker buys it.
I think the policy is less than 2 hours played and owned for less than 2 weeks. Not sure how stringent with that they are though.
May 9, 2007
906 posts
238 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote:
Dec 19th, 2017 12:38 am
This is why we play:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Alu7_mtfmmRjklGPDG89UTSlmdLr

Chicken dinner with @gatorb6 @SpicYMchaggis
Congrats M1GOmigs! Must Feel good!

Question, what happens if you squad up with some friends and you all make it to the end? How do you decide who wins? Do you have to battle eachother at the end?

Are you guys playing on the regular Xbox or the X? How are you guys finding the framerate? Still no deals from EBGames on the X? :(
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14920 posts
1157 upvotes
TOP SECRET SPAGHETTI…
BongoBong wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 1:36 am
I think the policy is less than 2 hours played and owned for less than 2 weeks. Not sure how stringent with that they are though.
I played less than 2 hours but was over 2 weeks. Wish I knew, I'd get my money back for pubg and cod ww2. This is a good policy. We can pretty much trial full games in 2 hours or less.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1320 posts
297 upvotes
mississauga
Supercooled wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 3:23 am
I played less than 2 hours but was over 2 weeks. Wish I knew, I'd get my money back for pubg and cod ww2. This is a good policy. We can pretty much trial full games in 2 hours or less.
Dont believe early access games qualify unless they changed their policy? Dayz was the biggest scam, I couldn't refund it.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2006
2050 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
Bryson wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 2:34 am

Question, what happens if you squad up with some friends and you all make it to the end? How do you decide who wins? Do you have to battle eachother at the end?

Are you guys playing on the regular Xbox or the X? How are you guys finding the framerate? Still no deals from EBGames on the X? :(
The whole squad wins as there's no team battle among each other at the end. Same as with duos. Not sure about SpicYMchaggis but the rest of us 3 were all running Xbox One S and that was our first every chicken dinner too which was great.

Not going to sugar coat it but it's janky, there's rubber banding at times and the frame rate is okay at best. At the start it's rough but after a minute or so it's pretty stable. Despite that, the thrills, excitement and tension this game provides, especially at the latter stages greatly outweigh the negatives. Playing with friends just makes it all the better.
My XBL/PSN: evilenger
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4899 posts
668 upvotes
calgary
gatorb6 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 9:56 am
The whole squad wins as there's no team battle among each other at the end. Same as with duos. Not sure about SpicYMchaggis but the rest of us 3 were all running Xbox One S and that was our first every chicken dinner too which was great.

Not going to sugar coat it but it's janky, there's rubber banding at times and the frame rate is okay at best. At the start it's rough but after a minute or so it's pretty stable. Despite that, the thrills, excitement and tension this game provides, especially at the latter stages greatly outweigh the negatives. Playing with friends just makes it all the better.
I was also running on an One S.

Its incredibly rough in the pre-game lobby, the parachute sequence, and maybe the first minute or so, after that there is some framerate spikes mostly reserved for when your cruising around in a vehicle.

The rubber banding I feel has gotten a lot worse then when it launched.

However they did release the patch last night and at least from what I can tell it does seem to be running a lot smoother.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1523 posts
486 upvotes
Anyone have an idea of what changes will be included with the ‘official’ version 1.0 release?
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2011
1993 posts
1460 upvotes
Montreal
OldMarriedGuy wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 10:42 am
Anyone have an idea of what changes will be included with the ‘official’ version 1.0 release?
I believe it's pretty much what is running on the test servers right now. New desert map (with map-specific weapons), vaulting, new UI, from what I've seen, the game runs better.

Also, they added the options to toggle/hold ADS and a replay system.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3263 posts
658 upvotes
Toronto
Bryson wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 2:34 am

Basically, PUBG does solo, duo or squads... so if your squad wins... or if even just one guy from the squad wins, you all wins. In essence, Squad is like 1 team vs 24 others. Duos are like 1 team vs 49...