• Jan 16th, 2018 4:19 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10016 posts
385 upvotes
Moncton, NB
I haven't had any lag issues, just started late last week. The game is fun but I wish they had more players per map, wandering for 10-15 minutes without seeing anyone only to get sniped is tedious.
KitKat item collector- always looking for swag or branded items.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1510 posts
479 upvotes
Picked this up today and played a few games.

I sure do suck at it lol. I made it to #13 one game but that was largely due to trying to avoid anyone.

I still have not killed anyone as my aim in this game is just horrible.

Any tips ?
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2311 posts
165 upvotes
Hey guys, PUBG RFD Discord channel if anyone wants to join and squad up rather than squad with randoms.

https://discord.gg/eAXweyH
Damage due to RFD Since April 2013: $3373.00
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1441 posts
339 upvotes
Question for the group.

If a Battlefield or Call of Duty (or even Ghost Recon Wildlands) added a Battle Royale type mode... would there be any reason to stick with PUBG? Given all the problems I've heard about, feels like if a proper AAA "realistic" shooter took on the approach it'd be lights out for this franchise.

(i say this with full ignorance having not played it)
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4887 posts
663 upvotes
calgary
signore wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 2:00 pm
Question for the group.

If a Battlefield or Call of Duty (or even Ghost Recon Wildlands) added a Battle Royale type mode... would there be any reason to stick with PUBG? Given all the problems I've heard about, feels like if a proper AAA "realistic" shooter took on the approach it'd be lights out for this franchise.

I don't think you can just shoe-horn a battle royale mode into battlefield or call of duty (I didnt play ghost recon so maybe?) and expect the same level of tension with those mechanics. They could try but Im trying to picture PuBG with Call of duty/BF movement/shooting and I just don't think that would do this type of game any good. Battlefield would be a much better candidate for this then CoD though.

A big aspect of PUBG is just surviving by sneaking around which I think the current engine does a good job with. That combined with the the raw level of graphics give it a level of realism that you just wouldn't get from a big AAA studio. These things all assist in providing the necessary tension that makes PUBG such a fun and unique experience.

PLus the big problems around framerate and rubberbanding are going to be fixed well before something like this drops into CoD or BF.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1510 posts
479 upvotes
Am I the only one that’s not overly concerned about the ‘jankiness’ of the game?

Sure it’s not as polished as an AAA title but I haven’t really encountered a lot of the issues people are complaining about.

Some things are a bit odd here and there and maybe it’s because my rig isn’t too bad (gtx 1080) but the graphics and frame rate...etc haven’t bothered me at all.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3259 posts
656 upvotes
Toronto
signore wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 2:00 pm
Question for the group.

I honestly can't see how COD can operate a Battle Royale mode... when has their engine ever been capable of running a large map that spans several kilometers?

I can envision Battlefield being able to do it via the Frostbite 2 engine, but their UI has been historically bad in every iteration of the modern BF series, and considering the amount of looting and crafting in a game like this, it'll need to be seamless for it to sway me.

I played a bit of GR Wildlands and I can see how that'll work... they've even got all of the items and accessories, as well as the capability to create a large playing field and even vehicles... I guess I wonder if they are also able to account for 100 players, but they're my best bet for a contender.

Fortnite has a pretty good implementation of the BR mode, but I just felt it was a bit too centered on building structures, which took a bit of the tension away.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3237 posts
137 upvotes
Adelaide
OldMarriedGuy wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 3:55 pm
Am I the only one that’s not overly concerned about the ‘jankiness’ of the game?

Sure it’s not as polished as an AAA title but I haven’t really encountered a lot of the issues people are complaining about.

Some things are a bit odd here and there and maybe it’s because my rig isn’t too bad (gtx 1080) but the graphics and frame rate...etc haven’t bothered me at all.
Most of it really isn't too bad. There has been some pretty solid improvement in the game throughout the process as well, with fps getting much better and while release had that crazy rubberbanding that seems to have been fixed.

People like to complain/talk about the jankiness but obviously a heck of a lot of people enjoy the gameplay as the numbers show.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2311 posts
165 upvotes
Need some PUBG at work?

Surviv.io is a free, browser-based 2D Battlegrounds

http://surviv.io/

kinda fun
Damage due to RFD Since April 2013: $3373.00
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1510 posts
479 upvotes
Logged a few hours into this so far. I’m still horrible at it yet I keep playing...
Nov 7, 2010
326 posts
117 upvotes
Guelph
New crates have been available for the last few days. The cosmetics are selling for a ridiculous price.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10016 posts
385 upvotes
Moncton, NB
I got a biker crate, sold the item for 2.15$... only the very rare ones are pricey.
Nov 7, 2010
326 posts
117 upvotes
Guelph
My first Desperado got my 25$ pants.. second netted a 17$ turtleneck.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10016 posts
385 upvotes
Moncton, NB
I wonder if they'll add new things to crate, I think they should contain things that do impact the game, maybe some hollow point bullets, incendiary ammo, specific armor, etc. Fluff is nice but when you start everyone still looks basically the same.

Finished 3rd this morning, my highest- funny thing is on the kill cam I couldn't even see myself, but considering we were so few left I figure he wasn't cheating. A later game though I saw this guy kill at least 12-15 of us (someone else killed me), that one I figure might have been cheating to some degree.
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
11709 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
hey guys, any recommendation on a stand alone mic? I had been using a gaming logitech one but bought a better set of headphones during boxing day that has better sound and more comfy for long time use.
[QUOTE]One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
[/QUOTE]

PSN: Aznkid2000
3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm