None
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1377 posts
189 upvotes
Vancouver
Aznkid2000 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 12:34 pm
hey guys, any recommendation on a stand alone mic? I had been using a gaming logitech one but bought a better set of headphones during boxing day that has better sound and more comfy for long time use.
Modmic by Antlion is usually recommended as a standalone mic if you wish to attach it to a set of headphones.

https://antlionaudio.com/

Available at Amazon Canada, Memory Express or NCIX (at your own risk?).
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3345 posts
162 upvotes
Adelaide
Feneant wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 12:47 pm
I wonder if they'll add new things to crate, I think they should contain things that do impact the game, maybe some hollow point bullets, incendiary ammo, specific armor, etc. Fluff is nice but when you start everyone still looks basically the same.
Adding gameplay influencing items to the game would be terrible. Any sort of pay 2 win or advantage over other players would make the game way less appealing. I would definitely stop playing if they added in something like that,.

They seem to be trying to stay pretty realistic with the cosmetics and I think it does help with the overall look and feel of the game. Not sure what other cosmetic options they could include outside of more clothing, perhaps gun skins that get applied when you pick up a weapon.
Sep 6, 2009
268 posts
21 upvotes
GTA - West End
JumpWire wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 9:52 pm
My first Desperado got my 25$ pants.. second netted a 17$ turtleneck.
Boy you werent kidding. I was pretty close to just selling both cases but your post peaked my interest. Ended up getting the same thing as you.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1784 posts
600 upvotes
V400 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 8:19 pm
Boy you werent kidding. I was pretty close to just selling both cases but your post peaked my interest. Ended up getting the same thing as you.
I got a biker crate and could have sold it for maybe a buck or so but thought I might get a rate item and flip that.

Instead...I got skinny khaki jeans lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3345 posts
162 upvotes
Adelaide
OldMarriedGuy wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 9:07 pm
I got a biker crate and could have sold it for maybe a buck or so but thought I might get a rate item and flip that.

Instead...I got skinny khaki jeans lol.
Yeah the ones that don't require a key to open have really terrible drop rates for the good stuff. God I have so many red shirts
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10107 posts
420 upvotes
Moncton, NB
I got a couple of desperado crates yesterday, sold one to buy a key to open the 2nd one and I got some 7.5% odds gloves, hopefully they'll fetch a few bucks when we're allowed to sell Desperado items starting next week.

BonqoBonq, I still think there'd be a market for items such as backpacks, armor, bandages, etc. I don't know that I'd consider this unbalancing. If you could get guns that come only from the drops then it would definitely suck but I'm talking items that won't give you an unfair advantage in the early game. Or maybe eventually they'll just start adding whacky crates with clown customs (who wouldn't want to dress up as a creepy clown wielding a rifle I ask you?) and stuff like that, then you'd start seeing people looking differently than just 100 people wearing the same hat, pants and Tshirt of a different color.

PSA- Don't wear a red shirt, we've all seen what happens to those guys in Star Trek.
KitKat item collector- always looking for swag or branded items.
Sep 6, 2009
268 posts
21 upvotes
GTA - West End
Feneant wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 6:31 am
BonqoBonq, I still think there'd be a market for items such as backpacks, armor, bandages, etc. I don't know that I'd consider this unbalancing. If you could get guns that come only from the drops then it would definitely suck but I'm talking items that won't give you an unfair advantage in the early game. Or maybe eventually they'll just start adding whacky crates with clown customs (who wouldn't want to dress up as a creepy clown wielding a rifle I ask you?) and stuff like that, then you'd start seeing people looking differently than just 100 people wearing the same hat, pants and Tshirt of a different color.
Just my opinion, but loot crates need to stay 100% cosmetic only. The second you start adding items that are actually useful, it becomes P2W. Anything that removes the RNG aspects makes it unfair to those who don't buy in. Now if they do want to add clown outfits and the like, fine by me, it'll just put them at a disadvantage (same goes for any light-coloured clothing).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5035 posts
733 upvotes
calgary
Yeah if they start putting in game usable like backpacks, armor, bandages that will ruin the game in almost the same way that EA ruined battlefront.

Giving paying players even the smallest advantage ruins the balance of the game, even if its a slight advantage it will alienate the non paying players and they will find something else to play.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2159 posts
439 upvotes
Adding performance enhancements to your power level would be terrible. EVERYBODY starting at the same point is part of the appeal. I love that I can drop in at any time and not feel like I am already overmatched because I haven't 'levelled up' or paid to win.
Jul 29, 2017
107 posts
75 upvotes
Aznkid2000 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 12:34 pm
hey guys, any recommendation on a stand alone mic? I had been using a gaming logitech one but bought a better set of headphones during boxing day that has better sound and more comfy for long time use.
I've been using an Audio Technica AT2020. Got the usb version awhile back, been serving me good.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5314 posts
2247 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 4:10 pm
Anyone still playing this on the Xbox? My brother wants to get into it and we need a few others.
I’ve only played a handful of games but @SpicYMchaggis and @mymuro play. I haven’t had a chance squad up with them.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5314 posts
2247 upvotes
So I made it to #8 in one of my games...I gotta say, despite only getting 3 kills and the fact that most of my time was waiting or running with the blue zone, it was pretty fun.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1784 posts
600 upvotes
9394 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 8:55 am
So I made it to #8 in one of my games...I gotta say, despite only getting 3 kills and the fact that most of my time was waiting or running with the blue zone, it was pretty fun.
The closest I got was #4. I’ve finished top 10 a handful of times now. You definitely need to have some skill to win solo but you also need a certain degree of luck.