None
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5011 posts
705 upvotes
calgary
Redmask wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 4:10 pm
Anyone still playing this on the Xbox? My brother wants to get into it and we need a few others.
I play on practically a nightly basis, I have a pretty regular group of friends that play every night. You can add me if you'd like: Taco Wallace12
9394 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 8:55 am
So I made it to #8 in one of my games...I gotta say, despite only getting 3 kills and the fact that most of my time was waiting or running with the blue zone, it was pretty fun.
The game really doesn't fully click until you make it to top 10 a couple times. Also the game got significantly better with the updated control, I don't know if your aware or have tried it but there is a secondary control scheme that maps the ADS to the left trigger instead of the left bumper, it feels like a massive improvement and aiming is much easier.
OldMarriedGuy wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 9:52 am
The closest I got was #4. I’ve finished top 10 a handful of times now. You definitely need to have some skill to win solo but you also need a certain degree of luck.
I still have yet to get a solo chicken dinner, it's really hard and I don't spend a ton of time playing solo. I've got a handful of squad chicken dinners but the odds of winning there are significantly higher with only 25 groups as opposed to 99 other players. A lot of the squad chicken dinners we get usually ends with like a 4 on 2 or something along those lines. I got my first duo chicken dinner a couple nights ago, that one was pretty thrilling and I got 7 kills.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
6703 posts
2570 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 10:02 am
I play on practically a nightly basis, I have a pretty regular group of friends that play every night. You can add me if you'd like: Taco Wallace12

The game really doesn't fully click until you make it to top 10 a couple times. Also the game got significantly better with the updated control, I don't know if your aware or have tried it but there is a secondary control scheme that maps the ADS to the left trigger instead of the left bumper, it feels like a massive improvement and aiming is much easier.

I still have yet to get a solo chicken dinner, it's really hard and I don't spend a ton of time playing solo. I've got a handful of squad chicken dinners but the odds of winning there are significantly higher with only 25 groups as opposed to 99 other players. A lot of the squad chicken dinners we get usually ends with like a 4 on 2 or something along those lines. I got my first duo chicken dinner a couple nights ago, that one was pretty thrilling and I got 7 kills.
just not l33t enough bro.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5011 posts
705 upvotes
calgary
daivey wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 7:55 pm
just not l33t enough bro.

I don't play much Solo, 90% of my time is spent in squad or duo.

I did bag my first Solo Chicken dinner last night, I didn't kill anyone at the end though the circle did. Face With Tears Of Joy
Sep 2, 2017
231 posts
117 upvotes
Canada
played for the first time, and died couldnt shoot the other play fast enough but seeemed okay
Banned
Feb 8, 2018
8 posts
left this game and started playing the clone version of it for Android
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2051 posts
598 upvotes
Toronto
Is it generally recommended to play PUGB on Xbox or on PC? Just wanted to get a consensus of where all the main action is at right now, and/or to see if the player-base is evenly split among console vs. PC players.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1998 posts
787 upvotes
Hamilton
This game runs way better now on PC, i think I've got an extra 30-40fps on the same settings I had before. They definitely optimized some stuff.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5011 posts
705 upvotes
calgary
tigerhawk33 wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 11:34 am
Is it generally recommended to play PUGB on Xbox or on PC? Just wanted to get a consensus of where all the main action is at right now, and/or to see if the player-base is evenly split among console vs. PC players.
Its still doesn't run very well on the base Xbox or even the Xbox One X, its much improved on the OneX at least but there is still some noticeable drops. The aiming on the controller isnt as precise as other console FPS either but its gotten a lot better. Also there are still a number of bad glitchs and the game does tend to crash from time to time (generally at the start of a match).

The one big issue with PC at the moment is that there seems to be a ton of cheaters, I don't play on PC so I can't speak to how common it is on a game to game basis but they did ban over a million people last month. I would be absolutely livid to spend 20 minutes looting and getting to final 20 only to be killed by some guy who had a clear hack. But it looks like they just released a patch that is supposed to help prevent this. The problem is that the game offers steam cash for the in-game items and so there is a big incentive to cheat.

There is a huge player-base on both so I wouldn't worry about that.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2051 posts
598 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 11:46 am
Its still doesn't run very well on the base Xbox or even the Xbox One X, its much improved on the OneX at least but there is still some noticeable drops. The aiming on the controller isnt as precise as other console FPS either but its gotten a lot better. Also there are still a number of bad glitchs and the game does tend to crash from time to time (generally at the start of a match).

The one big issue with PC at the moment is that there seems to be a ton of cheaters, I don't play on PC so I can't speak to how common it is on a game to game basis but they did ban over a million people last month. I would be absolutely livid to spend 20 minutes looting and getting to final 20 only to be killed by some guy who had a clear hack. But it looks like they just released a patch that is supposed to help prevent this. The problem is that the game offers steam cash for the in-game items and so there is a big incentive to cheat.

There is a huge player-base on both so I wouldn't worry about that.
Thanks SpicYMchaqqis for the info. I actually don't own an Xbox One, but I'm glad to hear that there's a strong player-base for both the console and the PC version. Oh, that's too bad PUGB has lots of cheaters ruining the game. I didn't realize that there's a ton of cheaters on the PC version. The only type of research I've done was watching a view short clips on YouTube from certain channels that I follow. It looks really fun! So I guess I didn't check to see if it's plagued with cheaters.

I've played DayZ Standalone edition on and off, and it had its own problems with cheaters, but most of the servers I'd join were good (I've only been affected by cheaters 3 times out of the 1000 hours or so that I've put into DayZ S.A., but lately I wanted to try something new. Okay, thanks again for the info. If I do buy the game for PC hopefully I'll be able to avoid the cheaters. I would presume they only go to the most popular servers, right?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5011 posts
705 upvotes
calgary
tigerhawk33 wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 12:04 pm
Thanks SpicYMchaqqis for the info. I actually don't own an Xbox One, but I'm glad to hear that there's a strong player-base for both the console and the PC version. Oh, that's too bad PUGB has lots of cheaters ruining the game. I didn't realize that there's a ton of cheaters on the PC version. The only type of research I've done was watching a view short clips on YouTube from certain channels that I follow. It looks really fun! So I guess I didn't check to see if it's plagued with cheaters.

I've played DayZ Standalone edition on and off, and it had its own problems with cheaters, but most of the servers I'd join were good (I've only been affected by cheaters 3 times out of the 1000 hours or so that I've put into DayZ S.A., but lately I wanted to try something new. Okay, thanks again for the info. If I do buy the game for PC hopefully I'll be able to avoid the cheaters. I would presume they only go to the most popular servers, right?
It's all matchmaking based on PC so there is no custom servers, so its all up to chance whether you are in with cheaters or not.
Honestly though I have no experience with the PC version, tons of people still play the game on PC so maybe it isn't that bad.

The way this game works isn't very conducive to private servers.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2051 posts
598 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 12:28 pm
It's all matchmaking based on PC so there is no custom servers, so its all up to chance whether you are in with cheaters or not.
Honestly though I have no experience with the PC version, tons of people still play the game on PC so maybe it isn't that bad.

The way this game works isn't very conducive to private servers.
Oh, I didn't realize it's a match-making based type of game. Thanks for letting me know. At least it'll be random, and hopefully the cheaters will be less and less. If I ever do get an Xbox One hopefully we'll have a match together (or should I say against each other?). Cheers! :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5145 posts
1958 upvotes
I finished #3 in solo yesterday and my heart was pounding while I was waiting...you really need a shotty when the zone shrinks that small for 3 players.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2010
8688 posts
2713 upvotes
Toronto
For the xbox 1 players, what are you guys using for a headset? I have an old TB X31 wireless, but I've read it doesn't work with xb1 without additional parts/problems.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5011 posts
705 upvotes
calgary
koffey wrote:
Feb 16th, 2018 9:41 am
For the xbox 1 players, what are you guys using for a headset? I have an old TB X31 wireless, but I've read it doesn't work with xb1 without additional parts/problems.
I picked up the turtle beach stealth 700 headset on boxing day for 120$. I like them quite a bit, they are totally wireless and they have a folding down mic which is muted in the up position which is great where I have people talking to me on both the mic and in the room. They Retail for 200$ now but if your only using it for Xbox I would recommend the Stealth 600, they retail for 120$ and offer most of the same functionality as the stealth 700 except without the bluetooth (meaning you can only use it on XBOX).
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1031 posts
333 upvotes
OAKVILLE
Just picked this up yesterday with the CD Keys deal. Haven't played it yet.

What things should a newb know before I start?
My Xbox Gamertag – KY JELLO
My Bell plan: $60/mo – 5GB, 250 LD, Bell-to-Bell, CD, VM, plus unlimited texting & evenings