Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1729 posts
581 upvotes
toronto1979 wrote:
Feb 19th, 2018 12:21 am
Just picked this up yesterday with the CD Keys deal. Haven't played it yet.

What things should a newb know before I start?
Find a weapon right away. Assault rifles are generally the best all purpose weapons. If you get stuck with a handgun you’re pretty much doomed.

Figure out if you’re a fighter or not. You can be successful in careful scrounging and avoiding battles until near the end. Or go out and battle at the beginning and see if you’re any good at it...that’s the best way of getting good stuff. I’m not the greatest in combat so I generally pick my battles.

You’ll suck bad the first few rounds while you get used to the game. Learn how to ‘tab loot’ meaning hold tab and pick up the gear from a downed opponent as opposed to going through the regular animation.

Don’t be afraid to camp or hide if you have to. This isn’t COD. Once you die...you’re done.

High traffic drop zones usually have the best loot but then you’re going to have to fight your way out. Not the best idea for a newbie.

For my first few rounds I would land in more remote spots and get acclimatized to the controls and environment.

Always use a pan as the melee weapon if you can. It acts as a secondary armour on your back.

Good luck!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5021 posts
708 upvotes
calgary
Make sure you set your control scheme to option b in the settings. This will map ADS to the left trigger and it's way better than option A.

Yeah scavenge, scavenge, scavenge and than find a car to get to the circle.

Google the best guns in the game to give you an idea of what to use.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
18328 posts
279 upvotes
YVR
Is this game optimized for keyboard and mouse or what? Buy it for PC or Xbox One X?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5021 posts
708 upvotes
calgary
Sgt_Strider wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 4:06 am
Is this game optimized for keyboard and mouse or what? Buy it for PC or Xbox One X?
I'd say the game is probably better on a M&K setup so if you have a good PC and prefer that setup I'd consider going that route, There was a lot of cheaters on PC but It looks like they have cleaned up pretty good in the latest patch. It also has the benefit of 60FPS if your system can handle it.

The game runs at a pretty consistent 4k/30 on XB1 but it's still "early access", it only has one of the two maps and does crash on occasion. It controls okay on the controller but unlike something like Halo or CoD you can really get the sense that this game originated and was designed to be played on a M&K.

This game is infinitely better with friends though, if you know anyone who plays this I would consider going where they go.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5175 posts
1992 upvotes
New Xbox update makes it a lot smoother and gfx seem sharper overall. Plus finally got my first chicken dinner playing 3-man squad (2vs1 laying prone in the middle of a wheat farm).
Mar 2, 2018
14 posts
2 upvotes
It feels way smoother for me as well. Maybe I'll get more than one kill now lol.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
2060 posts
825 upvotes
Hamilton
Runs super smooth after the last few updates. Really digging this on PC with the new UI. Everything seems really polished, unfortunately don't help me suck any less.

Had the greatest batman moment the other day. There was about 10 people left and I was stuck in a building under fire, so I dropped a smoke grenade inside and one just outside the door. Managed to get out and pick off one of the guys that was shooting me. I died about 5 seconds after I got him, but for those fleeting moments I felt like a hero.
Jul 12, 2016
330 posts
179 upvotes
i mean, i played it couple of games but meh.. i didn't like it that much to be honest with you. If y'all enjoy playing PUBG than you will love H1Z1(King of the kill). These 2 games are pretty similar in many ways. 100-140 players drop on a map in a random place to gather as much guns and ammo as possible and kill other players. H1Z1 is more of a survival but PUBG is more like a fast action DayZ Practice mode shooter game lol. That's why i recommend you to play H1Z1
May 22, 2015
152 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone having issues loading the game after update yesterday? Can't load the game - getting error message from windows. Some issues with referenced memory, saying memory could not be written.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2361 posts
343 upvotes
Wish there was a way to practice sniping in this game.... is there ?
Deal Addict
May 6, 2006
2055 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
coilz wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 1:15 pm
Wish there was a way to practice sniping in this game.... is there ?
Nope. Unfortunately, there's no "firing range" or anything like that to practice shooting. You gotta do it all in game :)
My XBL/PSN: evilenger
Deal Addict
May 6, 2006
2055 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
9394 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 1:18 pm
Some of my most recent squad wins (headsets make a huge difference):

3-Man:
First part: http://xboxclips.com/Lordfoo22/afa55004 ... d8de7d3fdc
Second part: https://xboxclips.com/x9x3x9x4x/f793d45 ... 2035087d39

2-Man:
https://xboxclips.com/x9x3x9x4x/75d0873 ... 09c82d4c23

I do much better in squad than single player games.
Nice! Headset is a must for this game and if in duo/squad, communication is key.
My XBL/PSN: evilenger
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5021 posts
708 upvotes
calgary
9394 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 1:18 pm
I do much better in squad than single player games.
The chances of winning increase exponentially the more players you have.
Your fighting against 100 players in Solo mode but only 25 other squads in 4 squad mode.